• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Mock draft three - one more to go? Edgar

Edgar

Ravens Ring of Honor
This mock begins with a trade: The Ravens trade back to 25 with Philadelphia and receive their fourth round pick in return. (pick 127). Philadelphia is after Josh Jacobs and wishes to get ahead of Oakland in order to draft him. ( Besides we managed a move from 22 to 25 last year).

Ravens first round selection: Center - ELGTON JENKINS - Mississippi State
elgton.jpg

It was really difficult for me not to go LJ Collier here but ultimately, we absolutely need to invest this year in supporting Lamar Jackson. We cannot go into his third year, still in need of a center. Absolutely immovable pass set and anchor. Moves guys off the ball in the run game. Has position flex as well.

Ravens third round selection: Guard - Beau Benzschawel - Wisconsin
beau.jpg

This isn't overboard in the least, taking back to back interior Oline, If you don't believe me, please watch this guy....Two plays in and you won't be able to stop. Awesome run blocker. Cannot be swayed by stunts, twists or late rushes. Great football intellect. I havent watched anyone that comes off combo to 2nd level with better timing. definitely a mean streak.

Ravens third round selection (compensatory) EDGE - JOE JACKSON - MIAMI
joe.jpg

A little bit of Z. Smith to his game but nowhere near as stiff. Already a very good run defender with incredible non stop work.

Ravens round four selection: OLB - JUSTIN HOLLINS - OREGON
justin.jpg

high football IQ. does most everything well with upside as a rusher. a knack for creating turnovers. Might fill out a little. already a talented edge setter and run defender with good athleticism upfield and inside counters.
moved around a lot. man coverage, drops OLB, some ILB. good football player.

Ravens (2nd) fourth round selection - WR - JAKOBI MEYERS - NC STATE
jako.jpg

Big (mostly) slot receiver. fearless over the middle...great catch radius, capable of the spectatculr catch. Underutilized in college but always came up big when called upon. sudden out of breaks. has shown ability to get deep and win one on one 50/50. Tough,

Ravens 4th round selection (from Eagles) WR - KEELAN DOSS - UC DAVIS
keelan.jpg

very good hands, exceptional uncovering against zone coverage. also shows ability to high point. very good possession style receiver that puts me in the mind of Keenan Allen.

Ravens fifth round selection - DTACKLE DEMARCUS CHRISTMAS FLORIDA STATE
demarcus.jpg

Two gap run stuffer.

Ravens 6th round selection - G - TERRONE PRESCOD
terrone.jpg

a bit of a project so far as pass pro...could be a year away but could also be special. I think he is the best drive you off the ball interior player in this draft. period.

Imagine the interior a year from now with these three rookies! Presscod, Jenkins, Benzschawel

Ravens next sixth round selection. RB TY JOHNSON MARYLAND
ty.jpg

hits the hole and can go.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
would have preferred a wr earlier but honestly if the board fell this way id be absolutely elated...

dont know anything about justin hollins but this draft haul would be a major influx of talent at positions of need

and i really do like Keelan Doss a lot - and whenever i go and watch Kelvin Harmon tape (because i still dont see all of what others on this board see in him), im always more intrigued by meyers in stead

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
Good draft and very feasible when it comes to the trade since I can see Oakland being very interested in Jacobs also. I would've switch McCoy and Dieter for Jenkins and Benscwagel for the higher mobilty. Joe Jackson is a big time sleeper. May be more of a 4-3 guy tho but we use enough 4 man fronts. Just a word about Prescod. I heard an interview with Bradbury on the NFL channel on Sirius and Pat Kirwan was just raving about Prescod amd just couldn't believe he wasn't invited to the combine. So believe me nobody sleeping on this man.

Edgar

Ravens Ring of Honor
Good draft and very feasible when it comes to the trade since I can see Oakland being very interested in Jacobs also. I would've switch McCoy and Dieter for Jenkins and Benscwagel for the higher mobilty. Joe Jackson is a big time sleeper. May be more of a 4-3 guy tho but we use enough 4 man fronts. Just a word about Prescod. I heard an interview with Bradbury on the NFL channel on Sirius and Pat Kirwan was just raving about Prescod amd just couldn't believe he wasn't invited to the combine. So believe me nobody sleeping on this man.
I like McCoy as well and get the sense The ravens might be partial to him,
I've had a constant second round grade on Prescod. Ive probably watched as much as anyone on him (that isn't being paid to watch film:nod:)
It wouldn't surprise me if teams are being purposefully quiet about him....no visits, etc.
I know this. I've not seen anyone in this class that as consistent at driving give off the ball and finishing them. He's clumsy in pass pro and he's a waist bender but he uses his length quite well and for the most part takes good angles and does a good job in protection. Pretty big on him.

I wonder if Jackson might be asked to drop some weight if he went to The ravens..

Edgar

Ravens Ring of Honor
would have preferred a wr earlier but honestly if the board fell this way id be absolutely elated...

dont know anything about justin hollins but this draft haul would be a major influx of talent at positions of need

and i really do like Keelan Doss a lot - and whenever i go and watch Kelvin Harmon tape (because i still dont see all of what others on this board see in him), im always more intrigued by meyers in stead
I have exactly one person outside of this board who I can talk to about the draft. ( man, I enjoy this board this time of year) I really trust this guy on wideouts and he is very very about Doss.