• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

One last mock draft

Edgar

Ravens Ring of Honor
Following a trade back with Philadelphia in exchange for a fourth round pick, The ravens begin by selecting:
1) ELGTON JENKINS - CENTER MISSISSIPPI STATE
elgton.jpg

3) J.J ARCEGA- WHITSIDE - WR - STANFORD
jj.jpg

3) (compensatory) JOE JACKSON - EDGE - MIAMI
joe jacks.jpg

4) (from Denver) DIONTAE JOHNSON - WR - TOLEDO
diontae.jpg

4) DAYLON MACK - DEFENSIVE TACKLE - TEXAS A&M
daylon.jpg

4) (from Philadelphia) TEREZ HALL - ILB MISSOURI
terez.jpg

5) JAVON PATTERSON - INTERIOR OLINE OLE MISS
javon.jpg

6) STEPHEN DENMARK - DB VALDOSA STATE
stephen .jpg

6) TY JOHNSON - RB - MARYLAND
ty.jpg

Edgar

Ravens Ring of Honor
1) we get who I consider the best center in the draft and we are able to trade back.
3) I'm projecting who I feel The Ravens will take if there. I would lean toward Beau Benzschuwel but.....Not my favorite prospect but I understand his value here and am considering it possible that I might be off in my assessment. I didn't like Mark Andrews pre- draft last year either.
3) plays hard, sets the edge. he's physical and tough. will provide pressure off the edge...could be moved inside at times a la Z. Smith. a day one part of the rotation off the edge.
4) love the pairing of this receiver with Whitside....nervous that he is gone by this pick. Has second round talent in this class with #1 upside. beats press, threatens all three levels....electric in space...also excels returning kicks.
4) Does for us what Brandon does. It might take a year to ramp up but he's a good football player and it affords us the ability to move away from Brandon next year. I think he will be able to pressure the QB a little more than people think....good value for our defense,
4) absolute thumper..has no problem taking on/shedding and brings it. needs a year to better diagnose/read but tremendous upside.. looks quite comfortable dropping
5) we are running the football on you ....Patterson should be given the opportunity to win the LG spot...he will likely need a ramp up period but very good run blocker...latches on in pass and is difficult getting off. folks are sleeping on him a little
6) ...six foot three, 220 lbs and incredible athleticism. very raw but the upside and the prospect along with the value are too good to pass.
6) home run

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Arcega Whiteside won’t make it to the third round, he might end up going in the first.

Btw I like how you’re all aboard for diontae Johnson lol

Edgar

Ravens Ring of Honor
Arcega Whiteside won’t make it to the third round, he might end up going in the first.

Btw I like how you’re all aboard for diontae Johnson lol
You're probably right in terms of him being gone but thats about where I see him. From where I sit, a team would be straight crazy taking him in the first. I'll be shocked if that happens.

waiting to take Diontae makes me a little nervous. he has star potential.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
3) I'm projecting who I feel The Ravens will take if there. I would lean toward Beau Benzschuwel but.....Not my favorite prospect but I understand his value here and am considering it possible that I might be off in my assessment. I didn't like Mark Andrews pre- draft last year either.

i think part of the excitement around him is the built from the way coaches and scouts talk about him and from everything ive read and heard it sounds like he's an incredibly clever and coachable guy who already has some skills that are top of the class for this draft (redzone fades and boxing out etc.) and has some traits that suggest he can continue developing in tandem as well as some surprising route running for a guy of his physical makeup coming out of college...

this i liked:

Unnamed NFC National Scout: "He's going to run faster than people think and he's smart enough to learn all the tricks to get open as a pro. I hear people underestimate him all the time. We have some in our own building."

that being said i think the 40 time probably cements him as being taken well before our first pick in the 3rd round albeit if we managed to get him there id be ecstatic - i like beau but if we've already picked up jenkins in the 1st id prefer JJAW over him (and i think beau might make it to 102 anyway - looks like he's being severely underrated with regards to our personal assessments of him by national media etc.)

Edgar

Ravens Ring of Honor
i think part of the excitement around him is the built from the way coaches and scouts talk about him and from everything ive read and heard it sounds like he's an incredibly clever and coachable guy who already has some skills that are top of the class for this draft (redzone fades and boxing out etc.) and has some traits that suggest he can continue developing in tandem as well as some surprising route running for a guy of his physical makeup coming out of college...

this i liked:

Unnamed NFC National Scout: "He's going to run faster than people think and he's smart enough to learn all the tricks to get open as a pro. I hear people underestimate him all the time. We have some in our own building."

that being said i think the 40 time probably cements him as being taken well before our first pick in the 3rd round albeit if we managed to get him there id be ecstatic - i like beau but if we've already picked up jenkins in the 1st id prefer JJAW over him (and i think beau might make it to 102 anyway - looks like he's being severely underrated with regards to our personal assessments of him by national media etc.)
Strange but I'm reading Beau might be available in fourth as well.

Strange but I'm reading Beau might be available in fourth as well.
Same thing, teams are worried about his athleticism. Love the draft except Joe Jackson and Daylon Mack. I think better players will be available. Reports came out today that Jerry Tillery May fall because of shoulder surgery. He may not be able to play this season. I’d be more than happy to take him and have him sit for the year. I’m way higher on Jenkins than Bradbury for our scheme.