• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Some Game Day questions

socrates_07

Practice Squad
Hi all!

I have some question about a game I want to watch. First of all I want to say sorry if I have chosen the wrong topic for this thread. If so, please move it to the correct topic.

I am from Austria, Europe, and we will travel to USA, mainly to watch a football game. It will be the very first time to watch a NFL game and as Ravens fan I plan to visit Baltimore. The game I am able to watch will be the Thursday Night Game on December 12th vs New York Jets.

Now my questions:

When should we be at the M&T Bank Stadium at the latest to avoid to miss the kickoff.

My wife is worried about the temperature, so we plan to bring seat cushions and blankets. Is it possible to buy such items (and a large transparent bag) near or in front of the stadium?

How about the situation with public transportation after the game?

Thanks in advance for your help.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
traffic can be tough. Since this is your first time to the stadium, I'd get there early, even if you aren't going to be tailgaiting. The later you get there, the longer the lines will be at the doors. I'd say no later than an hour before kickoff and by that, I mean inside the stadium at that time. I like to get their earlier than that to give myself time to get some food and walk around.

Corvus Purpura

Practice Squad
No need to bring seat cushions, as these aren't bench seats. They're individual seats with a fold down, albeit hard plastic, bottom. The cushions may not fit and that seems like a lot of stuff to pack for an overseas trip. You should get clear plastic bags, which are required for stuff that you bring into the stadium, before you arrive at the stadium. Blankets are fine, but keep in mind that it could be wet. It's been fairly easy to find rain ponchos if necessary at or near the stadium in my experience. For me, a good jacket is fine for a game.

Welcome, enjoy and I hope you have a great trip! Where else in the States do you plan to visit?

socrates_07

Practice Squad
traffic can be tough. Since this is your first time to the stadium, I'd get there early, even if you aren't going to be tailgaiting. The later you get there, the longer the lines will be at the doors. I'd say no later than an hour before kickoff and by that, I mean inside the stadium at that time. I like to get their earlier than that to give myself time to get some food and walk around.
Thanks for your advice.
My plan is to get there about 3 hours before kickoff. As mentioned, it‘s my first time to watch a NFL game but I also want to enjoy the atmosphere before the game.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Thanks for your advice.
My plan is to get there about 3 hours before kickoff. As mentioned, it‘s my first time to watch a NFL game but I also want to enjoy the atmosphere before the game.
this will also give you time to watch practice

socrates_07

Practice Squad
No need to bring seat cushions, as these aren't bench seats. They're individual seats with a fold down, albeit hard plastic, bottom. The cushions may not fit and that seems like a lot of stuff to pack for an overseas trip. You should get clear plastic bags, which are required for stuff that you bring into the stadium, before you arrive at the stadium. Blankets are fine, but keep in mind that it could be wet. It's been fairly easy to find rain ponchos if necessary at or near the stadium in my experience. For me, a good jacket is fine for a game.

Welcome, enjoy and I hope you have a great trip! Where else in the States do you plan to visit?
It’s good to know such seat cushions may not fit.

A warm jacket is a must anyway and you are right, if it’s wet, a blanket won’t help much.

So, if necessary there is no problem to find rain ponchos near the stadium?

Thanks, I also hope we will enjoy our trip. And we are very much looking forward it.

We also will visit New York City and probably Washington.

socrates_07

Practice Squad
yes, I was there back in 2012 when I went to Warsaw, Krakow, Budapest, Austria and Prague. It was an awesome two week trip
It was certainly an interesting trip. I visited all these cities before Christmas, but not in the same year. And, as already mentioned, this time I will visit some cities in the States before Christmas...