• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Dennis Pitta Released

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
I don't think Pitta makes it because he is a good player but never a great player. Unless we want to put guys in there just to do it, it's hard to justify him unless we want a guy to go in every year. I guess what's your criteria for going into the RoH?

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I don't think Pitta makes it because he is a good player but never a great player. Unless we want to put guys in there just to do it, it's hard to justify him unless we want a guy to go in every year. I guess what's your criteria for going into the RoH?
I agree, I don't think we should just put a guy in there because he's a good player. I think he should be a very good to great player for us for a good period of time.

SepticeyePoe

Hall of Famer
I think the only way he is considered is because he fought so hard to come back from his injuries. I don't think he had enough success on the field to qualify him for the Ring.

My criteria would be guys who contributed a lot to the team, in terms of their play on the field, or maybe work done as a staff member.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I think the only way he is considered is because he fought so hard to come back from his injuries. I don't think he had enough success on the field to qualify him for the Ring.

My criteria would be guys who contributed a lot to the team, in terms of their play on the field, or maybe work done as a staff member.
The one thing I'll give him is that without him Flacco doesn't play lights out down the stretch to our 2nd super bowl in the playoffs and Super Bowl 4 yrs ago.. That alone isn't good enough for the Ring, imo.

SepticeyePoe

Hall of Famer
The one thing I'll give him is that without him Flacco doesn't play lights out down the stretch to our 2nd super bowl in the playoffs and Super Bowl 4 yrs ago.. That alone isn't good enough for the Ring, imo.
If Pitta had been able to play that way for 10 years or so, then he might be in consideration. Stupid injuries... :(

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
If Pitta had been able to play that way for 10 years or so, then he might be in consideration. Stupid injuries... :(
I actually thought it was crazy that he played last year. He's going to have a difficult time walking in the future. A hip replacement will be in store for him. That being said, I do understand why he came back.

The Greek

Veteran
The difference is that Flacco is easily the best QB the RAVENS have ever had, and had one of the greatest postseason runs of all time. He's deserving. And he's been invited to what, three pro bowls now and has declined each of them?
agreed. i believe it was 1 or 2 he was invited to and declined due to his children being born around that time. pro bowl is worthless

ZonaRaven

Practice Squad
Most are smart enough to use it as a tool

Not sure if this is what you were getting at, but if the writer isn't a total dope and the forum has enough traffic, it's a sure fire way to get readers and fans of their articles to follow their writings.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Not sure if this is what you were getting at, but if the writer isn't a total dope and the forum has enough traffic, it's a sure fire way to get readers and fans of their articles to follow their writings.
Exactly what I was saying

Sooky

Pro Bowler
Pitta was a solid player when healthy but never really pro bowl caliber. Even his best year in 2012 with the postseason run he was not the best player on offense. No one was even deserving of a pro bowl on offfense. I know people talk about the catches this past season but he was lackluster with the ball in his hands. He found holes in zones but a lot of the times those 'holes' were 5 yards behind the line of scrimmage where he would fall after catching the ball. He definitely overplayed his 4th round draft status but I doubt he is put into the Ravens ring of honor. I do like how dedicated he is to the organization still visiting after getting cut, I would love for him to have a spot in the organization that doesn't require him suiting up to play. He knows football and has a great relationship with the current players.

Sooky

Pro Bowler
I'm usually one of the more optimistic people on here but I can't stand Mink because he rarely goes on the pessimistic side. And maybe that is his role in it all, Downing and Elison are definitely more level headed but I do think Elison is a little extreme to the negative side sometimes. I do enjoy Eisenberg I don't hear from him much but I do think his articles are more unique and stand out to me.