• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Signings, Cuts, Trades

Tank

Hall of Famer
Lol it's certainly not fake news it's what happened. Lamar definitely not on his way out. Can't convince me Orlando was on his way out. Hurst also not on his way out. Hollywood is on the line. Chuck was definitely on his way out.
It certainly is fake news characterizing it as an issue. lol Like they wanted to leave because the Ravens org sucks. More than fake, totally laughable. I would think the time worry would be when a player requests a trade and the team doesn’t trade them.

We were not going to pay Orlando as a left tackle, where he wanted to play, couldn’t afford him otherwise, he was on his way out.
Hollywood was definitely gone, he wanted WR1 money and knew he wasn’t getting it in Baltimore. Brilliant trade to move him when we did, probably one of the top trades for us ever.
Hayden just wasn’t getting the play with Andrews excelling. Bad timing for him and he wanted the chance to play more.

Jury is still out on Lamar, but he wants a trade because he has delusional expectations for a contract, not for any other reason.

Last edited:

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
It certainly is fake news characterizing it as an issue. lol Like they wanted to leave because the Ravens org sucks. More than fake, totally laughable. I would think the time worry would be when a player requests a trade and the team doesn’t trade them.

We were not going to pay Orlando as a left tackle, where he wanted to play, couldn’t afford him otherwise, he was on his way out.
Hollywood was definitely gone, he wanted WR1 money and knew he wasn’t getting it in Baltimore. Brilliant trade to move him when we did, probably one of the top trades for us ever.
Hayden just wasn’t getting the play with Andrews excelling. Bad timing for him and he wanted the chance to play more.

Jury is still out on Lamar, but he wants a trade because he has delusional expectations for a contract, not for any other reason.
Look I don't deny that Lamar seems to be totally detached from reality. I would also think it's fair to say Orlando was kind of a head case too.

Chuck is another easy one. Average player on a second contract already in a crowded room.

That being said Hollywood and Hurst are more complicated. Neither were happy in this system. I mean actual happiness. Additionally, neither thought they were on the road to maximizing their value here. Hurst is not like Chuck as he was a 1st contract rookie 1st rounder who is actually undeniably good. Marquise is also a very good player and is gonna get paid. You can argue we should've been the team to pay him. Both of those guys wanted out.

Now add in Bateman says he hasn't been happy ever during his 2 years here. JK Dobbins made multiple comments displaying his displeasure of this offense. Dez talked about the fact our offense was a joke. Desean Jackson saying the offense was a joke. It's very clear whether you want to believe it or not, that the culture on the offensive side of the ball is extremely different than the culture on the defense.

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
Agholor based on the way the contract was set up means the dude is basically free. So love him at that price point.

That being said we gotta try and bring in DHop/Sutton/Jeudy/OBJ and a rookie.

I'd prefer to sign OBJ because obviously the contract will be smaller and we can feel much better about not taking a first RD WR if he know going into the season we have Bateman, OBJ, and Agholor.

QtR Nevermore

Pro Bowler
I don't mind holding off on signings. If Lamar isn't coming back, tanking is probably the best way forward. For the next 5 years in the AFC, no team without a QB is going to do anything. Save the cap space, see what they can get for Ronnie and Marlon etc and try to see whether their own pick plus the trade comp is enough to get them into QB range.

If he is coming back, it's a different story.

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
I don't mind holding off on signings. If Lamar isn't coming back, tanking is probably the best way forward. For the next 5 years in the AFC, no team without a QB is going to do anything. Save the cap space, see what they can get for Ronnie and Marlon etc and try to see whether their own pick plus the trade comp is enough to get them into QB range.

If he is coming back, it's a different story.
Don't think you have to trade anybody unless you want to totally tear it down, which this may not be. They didn't completely tear it down when they moved from Joe to Lamar.

Just depends on how long it takes to get a QB.

Tank

Hall of Famer
Time to call Cam Newton
style-blogs-the-gq-eye-camnewton-pants.jpg

JAAM

Hall of Famer

drjohnnyfever

Pro Bowler
Look I don't deny that Lamar seems to be totally detached from reality. I would also think it's fair to say Orlando was kind of a head case too.

Chuck is another easy one. Average player on a second contract already in a crowded room.

That being said Hollywood and Hurst are more complicated. Neither were happy in this system. I mean actual happiness. Additionally, neither thought they were on the road to maximizing their value here. Hurst is not like Chuck as he was a 1st contract rookie 1st rounder who is actually undeniably good. Marquise is also a very good player and is gonna get paid. You can argue we should've been the team to pay him. Both of those guys wanted out.

Now add in Bateman says he hasn't been happy ever during his 2 years here. JK Dobbins made multiple comments displaying his displeasure of this offense. Dez talked about the fact our offense was a joke. Desean Jackson saying the offense was a joke. It's very clear whether you want to believe it or not, that the culture on the offensive side of the ball is extremely different than the culture on the defense.
...uh oh, time for John to go...

Having an issue with a shittily run offense or wanting more opportunity is not a reflection on the organization as a whole. Altho, another year of Roman would have constituted a poorly run org argument. I never liked the Hurst trade. I would have kept him around that last year whether he asked for a trade or not, his value wasn't great. He wanted opportunity. Dobbins is talking about playcalling. Hollywood was a valuable trade commodity that was too good to pass up - - - and don't forget what we got for sending him off as he asked. The others are blowhards. Dez and Jackson were swept up off the floor to play a couple games. Their voice shouldn't even be in the discussion.

And let's be real on Lamar. His vanity kept him from being paid well. He's unhappy like a child who didn't get the ice cream he demanded from his parents. He had his $200M guarantee and he didn't take it because $45 of it or whatever came as an uninjured collection bonus 4 days into a new work year. Gimme a break.

We are not a poorly run, poor culture team. This is the stress talkin'.

redrum52

Hall of Famer
...uh oh, time for John to go...

Having an issue with a shittily run offense or wanting more opportunity is not a reflection on the organization as a whole. Altho, another year of Roman would have constituted a poorly run org argument. I never liked the Hurst trade. I would have kept him around that last year whether he asked for a trade or not, his value wasn't great. He wanted opportunity. Dobbins is talking about playcalling. Hollywood was a valuable trade commodity that was too good to pass up - - - and don't forget what we got for sending him off as he asked. The others are blowhards. Dez and Jackson were swept up off the floor to play a couple games. Their voice shouldn't even be in the discussion.

And let's be real on Lamar. His vanity kept him from being paid well. He's unhappy like a child who didn't get the ice cream he demanded from his parents. He had his $200M guarantee and he didn't take it because $45 of it or whatever came as an uninjured collection bonus 4 days into a new work year. Gimme a break.

We are not a poorly run, poor culture team. This is the stress talkin'.
Okay... so answer me this. If you're going to ignore people who were actually in the locker room why are so many here so quick to accept leaked reports from people outside of it?

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor

Hurst was a solid player but if you told me the backup TE could get a 2nd round pick in a trade I would take that trade every time. There is one starting TE and one backup who plays significant snaps but is still a backup. A second for that position is good value.

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
Hurst was a solid player but if you told me the backup TE could get a 2nd round pick in a trade I would take that trade every time. There is one starting TE and one backup who plays significant snaps but is still a backup. A second for that position is good value.
I didn't say the trade was bad.