• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Signings, Cuts, Trades

drjohnnyfever

Pro Bowler
Okay... so answer me this. If you're going to ignore people who were actually in the locker room why are so many here so quick to accept leaked reports from people outside of it?
Consider the source... Ex-players, particularly players who were drama queens like Dex and Deshaun - the Double D's, live for commenting to draw attention to themselves. So anything those two goofs say is thrown out like a bad test score on a quarterly grade report. The others might have asked for a trade or might not have liked things, but that was specifically germane to their situation... and good for them in wanting more for themselves and advocating for themselves - - - just as everyone keeps saying for Lamar. If he can get more, more power to him. That does NOT make us shitbags for not giving it to him. It's a simple you see it your way, we see it this way - so long.

What I tend to trust from a reporter is that if something comes back to them as completely fabricated, they often wind up on the street. Other than John Eisenberg, who legit, made shit up and now writes for a 4th rate rag - what reporters have been fired? None. Some have been politely asked to clarify what they said or to be more specific, but most of what has been written seems to have some level of truth to it, at least enough to surmise something might be some way or another that its veracity and theirs hasn't found them unemployed.

So if you're going to ask me who's word or appraisal I trust more, a beat writer or a disgruntled player, the answer is going to be a beat writer. Especially in this town.

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
Consider the source... Ex-players, particularly players who were drama queens like Dex and Deshaun - the Double D's, live for commenting to draw attention to themselves. So anything those two goofs say is thrown out like a bad test score on a quarterly grade report. The others might have asked for a trade or might not have liked things, but that was specifically germane to their situation... and good for them in wanting more for themselves and advocating for themselves - - - just as everyone keeps saying for Lamar. If he can get more, more power to him. That does NOT make us shitbags for not giving it to him. It's a simple you see it your way, we see it this way - so long.

What I tend to trust from a reporter is that if something comes back to them as completely fabricated, they often wind up on the street. Other than John Eisenberg, who legit, made shit up and now writes for a 4th rate rag - what reporters have been fired? None. Some have been politely asked to clarify what they said or to be more specific, but most of what has been written seems to have some level of truth to it, at least enough to surmise something might be some way or another that its veracity and theirs hasn't found them unemployed.

So if you're going to ask me who's word or appraisal I trust more, a beat writer or a disgruntled player, the answer is going to be a beat writer. Especially in this town.

So what you are saying is that they could be 100% right but you will never listen to them.

Interesting

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
The thing about OBJ not having signed yet is it has to be purely money. Like he hasn't come to terms with the fact his value is way lower than he thinks.

Dude is healed. People have got his medicals multiple times. They've seen him practice. He's talked to multiple teams multiple times. And all that being said he's basically the last WR of any importance at all in FA.

Once completely atop the league, a few years later is struggling to find a reasonable contract in FA. Crazy how things change

EDIT: I shouldn't say the last one. There are a handful left. But basically the same situation for Golladay.

JAAM

Hall of Famer
Graziano is reporting that Odell has offers from multiple teams, but the Jets are his likely destination

JAAM

Hall of Famer
Was always the most likely outcome unfortunately
I guess we’ll have to play the waiting game now. If we miss out on Odell, I truly hope we’re all in for Hop

JAAM

Hall of Famer
6872B71A-38E0-4EA9-ACE9-DC870B8F0282.jpeg

drjohnnyfever

Pro Bowler
So what you are saying is that they could be 100% right but you will never listen to them.

Interesting
Dont put words in my mouth. Especially with the words of two players who have done little more in their entire careers than gripe and moan about how some person or system is the cause of their failures. So no, I wouldn't trust their account.

I don't believe I need to point out they could also be 100% wrong and u choose to take their word despite that possibility.

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
Dont put words in my mouth. Especially with the words of two players who have done little more in their entire careers than gripe and moan about how some person or system is the cause of their failures. So no, I wouldn't trust their account.

I don't believe I need to point out they could also be 100% wrong and u choose to take their word despite that possibility.

Sir I do not want to put anything in your mouth.

I am not choosing one or the other. There is a pattern though. Marlo came out after the playoff game and said he noticed Lamar limping for example.

JAAM

Hall of Famer
I know others will disagree, but I'm actually incredibly interested in making a draft day trade where we move back to like 28 or 29 and then send that pick for Jeudy thus getting our guy and another pick before round 3
I’d love that