• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Signings, Cuts, Trades

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
Listen if he is available and doesn't cost an arm and a leg I would absolutely make some calls.

I am not giving up a first round pick for him. I don't think I let go of a second either.

JAAM

Hall of Famer
Chase Young on a rookie contract for a day 2 pick is a YES PLEASE

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
He's only on a rookie contract for one year, and his 5th year option has been declined.
Basically, if he's good, he's a rental.

If we make a trade and he has a great year I am assuming that in order to keep him we move on from Oweh and Queen.

Is that even feasible?

JAAM

Hall of Famer

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
If we make a trade and he has a great year I am assuming that in order to keep him we move on from Oweh and Queen.

Is that even feasible?
Well Queen isn't on the roster next year anyway, and Oweh is still very cheap next year with little cap savings, so it wouldn't matter with either of them.

JAAM

Hall of Famer
IMG_6608.jpeg

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
Baltimore actually being in this race is surprising
Not sure it is surprising per se. I believe Josina when she says exactly what she did. We'll be monitoring his FA. Basically I'd assume we're thinking, if he's willing to come cheap short term or sign a long term, we'd be interested but otherwise not at all.

Tennessee will start his market. Would be shocked if this a he's not leaving Nashville situation

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
Not sure it is surprising per se. I believe Josina when she says exactly what she did. We'll be monitoring his FA. Basically I'd assume we're thinking, if he's willing to come cheap short term or sign a long term, we'd be interested but otherwise not at all.

Tennessee will start his market. Would be shocked if this a he's not leaving Nashville situation
Like pretty much any FA, I'm sure 32 NFL teams are "monitoring" this. If Hopkins came out and said he'd play for the vet minimum, 32 NFL teams would call his agent. Including the Ravens.

Everybody is monitoring the price tag. Based on how long he's been on the market (even though it really hasn't been that long), its pretty clear his price tag is higher than most teams want to pay. So if that lowers, there's teams, like the Ravens, who I'm sure would be interested. Just depends on what the # is.