• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Signings, Cuts, Trades

ndub

Ravens Ring of Honor
Shidd I be trying lol

I will say though, since I became a daily smoker my temperament on game day has changed quite a bit

Well damn… I’ll pick up your slack broseph… just remember I’m that MF who posted how horny I was after that first night of 4th of July weekend lmao…

ndub

Ravens Ring of Honor
Anyway, back to signings… umm, yeah. I definitely agree that we shouldn’t be that surprised if we don’t end up signing Justin Houston at all, at least until preseason

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
How should our line be in pass pro this year? I know Ronnie is good, Bozeman is average. If it's Cleveland at LG that's probably a question mark, but I think his college pass pro was quite good. Honestly can't make a comment on KZ or AV because I've spent no time looking at their tape.

I'm just a little worried because I look at our TEs and WRs and feel very confident in them. But it won't be maximized if pass pro is a dumpster fire. How do we think we'll be?

ndub

Ravens Ring of Honor
How should our line be in pass pro this year? I know Ronnie is good, Bozeman is average. If it's Cleveland at LG that's probably a question mark, but I think his college pass pro was quite good. Honestly can't make a comment on KZ or AV because I've spent no time looking at their tape.

I'm just a little worried because I look at our TEs and WRs and feel very confident in them. But it won't be maximized if pass pro is a dumpster fire. How do we think we'll be?

So, Cleveland only gave up like two sacks his whole entire time in SEC play, and something like 4 hurries total. I know the resident “film” junkies will come in and say how they’re “unsure” of how Cleveland will do but numbers don’t lie my friend. Bozeman is back in his natural position so hopefully less piss poor snaps. AV and Zeitler are both pros and definitely know how to block. Big improvement all around

Deebo813

Hall of Famer

I say just wait till season and see who allows the sacks lol. We know what stanley can do and Z sorta, but the rest of them are question marks.

Reactions: cdp

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
So, Cleveland only gave up like two sacks his whole entire time in SEC play, and something like 4 hurries total. I know the resident “film” junkies will come in and say how they’re “unsure” of how Cleveland will do but numbers don’t lie my friend. Bozeman is back in his natural position so hopefully less piss poor snaps. AV and Zeitler are both pros and definitely know how to block. Big improvement all around
Cleveland looks oddly enough to be every bit as solid in pass pro as he is in run blocking, he’s unorthodox with it though.

I’m quite worried about AV in pass pro tbh. I watched some of his film from last year and, well, to put it mildly, I’m glad we signed juwuan James because I wouldn’t want AV here as more than a one year stopgap.

ndub

Ravens Ring of Honor
Cleveland looks oddly enough to be every bit as solid in pass pro as he is in run blocking, he’s unorthodox with it though.

I’m quite worried about AV in pass pro tbh. I watched some of his film from last year and, well, to put it mildly, I’m glad we signed juwuan James because I wouldn’t want AV here as more than a one year stopgap.

AV is a pro bowler who graded out pretty damn similar to OBJ.... "future all-time great LT", like certain people think he'll end up becoming.... I have no qualms or worries about him whatsoever

rossihunter2

Staff Member

lol - feels like a subtweet of me lol

but yeah for me he's a rookie and there will naturally be growing pains no matter how good his college tape was given his lateral limitations - but he has length and size and power that as long as his footwork's clean he should survive - im expecting him to be better in pass pro than tyre was last year at RG that's for sure...

ndub

Ravens Ring of Honor
lol - feels like a subtweet of me lol

but yeah for me he's a rookie and there will naturally be growing pains no matter how good his college tape was given his lateral limitations - but he has length and size and power that as long as his footwork's clean he should survive - im expecting him to be better in pass pro than tyre was last year at RG that's for sure...

You know I love ya... but yeah, sometimes people look way too into college film and see certain things that aren't there simply because they aren't seeing things the way they're used to seeing them

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
Mine does too lol, especially on game days and draft days.

there’s a fucking thread dedicated to it smh

Lost used to go apeshit on here too lol, the board lost a lot of character when he left
I'm still trying to figure out why the FUCK he hasn't come back. I miss that bastard.