• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Signings, Cuts, Trades

ndub

Ravens Ring of Honor
Steelers get rid of the ball faster than any team in nfl history. No double clutching, no moving around or scrambling, just snap - step - throw. Lamar can and will consistently extend the play, so it may not result in an increase in sacks given up, but it will almost certainly cause an increase in pressures given up compared to AV in 2020, when Lamar is flushed or forced to scramble, that’s a pressure, and where Ben was already releasing before the pressure arrived, Lamar would be rolling out, one because Lamar is able and Ben wasn’t, and two because the nature of the Steelers offense compared to ours.

again, it’s gonna be a net upgrade compared to fluker, but AV straight up didn’t look very good last year, and yeah some nick Boyle and joe D and Roman magic is likely gonna make him look better than he did in 2020, but I wouldn’t count on those factors making him look substantially better, it’s just not realistic.

things that don’t show up on even the advanced metrics are plays where AV got obliterated by his man but ultimately it had no effect on the play because it was a screen or a 1.5 second release, there’s no pressure given up to knock his grade, and that’s by design of the offense, a design VERY different to ours.

that said, I’m talking pass pro, I have not watched his run game reps, so I can’t speak on that, my biggest hope is that the pause that our scheme gives pass rushers really eases things for him and allows him to look like 20% better than last year, I could live with that, but if he just goes out there and plays like he’s a year older and the scheme doesn’t benefit him greatly then it’s not gonna be a great looking signing. We are really banking on our scheme and the fact that our RT situation was rock bottom and couldn’t get worse.

I appreciate the analysis

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor

ndub

Ravens Ring of Honor
https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/...if-saints-look-to-trade-disgruntled-receiver/

Here we go again ..

CBS Sports ranking the Ravens as the third best fit for Thomas. I’d imagine the team would need to do multiple restructures this year and next to stay under the cap. Would DeCosta pull another Earl Thomas on us???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hard pass. No, check that. VERY hard pass. He would be extremely unhappy here in our system with how many mouths we already have to feed

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
Hard pass. No, check that. VERY hard pass. He would be extremely unhappy here in our system with how many mouths we already have to feed

I don't mind taking on guys with attitudes but the biggest red flag was his surgery situation. The Saints are making it seem like he purposefully delayed surgery to spite them. If true, hard pass for me as well

ndub

Ravens Ring of Honor
I don't mind taking on guys with attitudes but the biggest red flag was his surgery situation. The Saints are making it seem like he purposefully delayed surgery to spite them. If true, hard pass for me as well

That too. The next AB, without all of AB’s legacy points and accolades?

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
Is that true? I recall him being a very good linebacker for the browns.
He did pretty poorly last year in Jacksonville, but that could be a product of an overall bad defense to begin with.

Per Rapoport, it is for "late round compensation", meaning it's essentially a salary dump for Jacksonville.

ndub

Ravens Ring of Honor
He did pretty poorly last year in Jacksonville, but that could be a product of an overall bad defense to begin with.

Per Rapoport, it is for "late round compensation", meaning it's essentially a salary dump for Jacksonville.

He hasn’t been decent since 2018 really, but if it’s for late compensation then he’s a depth piece which is fine

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
Everybody that sucked at the Browns (for just being the Browns), thrive with the Steelers. Everybody that sucked with the Steelers thrive with the Ravens. That is the circle of life people. The eternal circle of life.