• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Signings, Cuts, Trades

Truth

Staff Member
Administrator
If we decide to look into outside options, one career RT that hasn't been mentioned much but could be worth bringing in for a visit is Demar Dotson. From what I've read, he was receiving offers prior to the draft and was admittedly waiting to sign until after the draft, so it sounded as if he wasn't considering retirement. He's been solid for ages, and apart from last year, played over 1,000 snaps in 2018 and 2019. Figured I'd throw the name out there since it wasn't mentioned.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
smith was brought back to the PS - he hasnt been elevated - he was there before too (and we got rid of him to make space for the vets on the PS who we added at RB but now there's space for him again)

still a chance that Ealy gets promoted to the 53 given we've only got 8 OL on the 53 right now and Smith was signed to the PS and not the 53
Ah I misread that post, got him and Levine mixed up

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
If we decide to look into outside options, one career RT that hasn't been mentioned much but could be worth bringing in for a visit is Demar Dotson. From what I've read, he was receiving offers prior to the draft and was admittedly waiting to sign until after the draft, so it sounded as if he wasn't considering retirement. He's been solid for ages, and apart from last year, played over 1,000 snaps in 2018 and 2019. Figured I'd throw the name out there since it wasn't mentioned.
Dotson would be an excellent addition, he really has been a long time solid player

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Harbaugh said that Tyre Phillips was placed on "short term IR". I'm sure it will be for longer than the minimum of 3 weeks, but its a good thing if he doesn't miss the entire season. I still don't know the extent of the injury.

Simba

Staff Member
Happy to see Sarell back. Thought he showed some promise in preseason and was surprised he wasn’t a priority when building the PS

Simba

Staff Member
Still a space left on the 53 - surely has to be an OL (probably a tackle but who knows...)

no reason not to fill that gap at this point

I’d be surprised if they haven’t already tried. For instance, Will Holden was just added to the Lions’ 53. I don’t think that was coincidence. I think they could hold it open and just elevate Smith (please god no) or Ealy for Sunday and keep the options open when some protections expire early next week. The only real thing we’re hurting this point is the 16th man on the PS by keeping that spot on the 53 open, and we have 3 WRs, a K, and a P on there now so I doubt they’re all that concerned.

JAAM

Hall of Famer

rossihunter2

Staff Member
What’s wrong with him? Is it a setback from his previous injury?

that would be my guess - didnt look super healthy at LT

but then he's also posted on socials this week about how he's gonna remember the shit people have said this week (or something to that effect) - which is the kind of stuff that would suggest he's still playing

but this is worrying...

the amount of guys missing at this point is getting to a near insurmountable level...

RB - we've lost the entire room to i/r
OL - looks like we're now down the entire left side of the starting line
TE - boyle on i/r
WR - 1st round pick and 2019 3rd round pick on i/r
DL - down a starter who hasn't practiced for nearly a month
LB - Fort on i/r
DB - Peters on i/r, jimmy a question still, westry might be down (no idea), tavon played his first game in like 2 years...

this is an utterly cursed season - at this point im less worried about how the next few games are going in terms of wins/losses and just want to see us get out of these games without more injuries

JAAM

Hall of Famer
that would be my guess - didnt look super healthy at LT

but then he's also posted on socials this week about how he's gonna remember the shit people have said this week (or something to that effect) - which is the kind of stuff that would suggest he's still playing

but this is worrying...

the amount of guys missing at this point is getting to a near insurmountable level...

RB - we've lost the entire room to i/r
OL - looks like we're now down the entire left side of the starting line
TE - boyle on i/r
WR - 1st round pick and 2019 3rd round pick on i/r
DL - down a starter who hasn't practiced for nearly a month
LB - Fort on i/r
DB - Peters on i/r, jimmy a question still, westry might be down (no idea), tavon played his first game in like 2 years...

this is an utterly cursed season - at this point im less worried about how the next few games are going in terms of wins/losses and just want to see us get out of these games without more injuries
Thanks for putting it into perspective even if it makes me sad lol. Ale can’t possibly be any worse at his natural position, can he? With all this draft capital and how aggressive EDC is, what are your thoughts on making some moves for the offensive line, even if it’s for a solid starter? We don’t need anyone spectacular especially with Boyle coming back

I just can’t imagine the front office being content with not making the playoffs while Lamar is on his rookie contract

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Thanks for putting it into perspective even if it makes me sad lol. Ale can’t possibly be any worse at his natural position, can he? With all this draft capital and how aggressive EDC is, what are your thoughts on making some moves for the offensive line, even if it’s for a solid starter? We don’t need anyone spectacular especially with Boyle coming back

I just can’t imagine the front office being content with not making the playoffs while Lamar is on his rookie contract

we've basically run out of cap space to make any significant move at all at this point - i dont think there's any more contract restructures we can do without adding void years

any trade we make for a tackle basically has to be someone already on the minimum (or close to it) which is exceedingly unlikely

i just dont think it's happening - and the capital it'll cost will be massive

Simba

Staff Member

Shows how shitty the T market is. Sharpe has at least been an okay depth piece as a pro. Jones-Smith has hardly stuck anywhere and if you search his name on Twitter, no one likes him lol