• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Signings, Cuts, Trades

JAAM

Hall of Famer
Put it this way. Those old RBs will not be the reason the Ravens don’t get to or win the Super Bowl this year. They may not be great, but they are good enough.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Great point

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Put it this way. Those old RBs will not be the reason the Ravens don’t get to or win the Super Bowl this year. They may not be great, but they are good enough.

I get what you’re saying, but with the other 2 rbs they would be a huge part of a super bowl run if they were here, now we’re overcompensating elsewhere to make up for the lack of talent at rb, it definitely hurts your ability all year long.

hell even if we just stopped at dobbins and kept Gus, we would be so much better off I hate to even think about it

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I get what you’re saying, but with the other 2 rbs they would be a huge part of a super bowl run if they were here, now we’re overcompensating elsewhere to make up for the lack of talent at rb, it definitely hurts your ability all year long.

hell even if we just stopped at dobbins and kept Gus, we would be so much better off I hate to even think about it

gus and justice would have been nice after JK went down

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
Whats the name of that olineman
Yep and best thing is it doesn’t sound like Stanley is done or anything he’s going to try to come back next year. It’s about his long term health so hopefully this helps him recover fully so he can be 100%.
i dnt think he gonna comeback the same.. basically 2 yrs of no football.. crazy, cause i believe juwan james is also a guy who didnt play much after receiving a new contract

Agree. My big worry with these RBs and a super bowl run is that we don't have the option for an RB to carry the team to a win on off weeks. Lamar has to be on EVERY game. He's amazing but he'll have to be near flawless. It's a lot of pressure that a good RB could alleviate somewhat.

ndub

Ravens Ring of Honor
Agree. My big worry with these RBs and a super bowl run is that we don't have the option for an RB to carry the team to a win on off weeks. Lamar has to be on EVERY game. He's amazing but he'll have to be near flawless. It's a lot of pressure that a good RB could alleviate somewhat.

Was he flawless the last game? Didn't we blow a good, solid team out?

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Exactly
Was he flawless the last game? Didn't we blow a good, solid team out?
The OL stepped up against one of the worst fronts in the league on a day where their entire team was WAY off. As much as we wanna hype ourselves for blowing out the chargers, this is a week to week league and this clearly wasn’t the chargers week.

now if the likes of mekari and powers can continue playing the way they played then we might be able to continue running it for 5 yards a pop, but with dobbins and Gus we would consistently run for 5+ at will while regularly breaking off 20+ yard runs. Not only does that take a ton of pressure off Lamar but it completely changes how a defense schemes for you.

ndub

Ravens Ring of Honor
Exactly

The OL stepped up against one of the worst fronts in the league on a day where their entire team was WAY off. As much as we wanna hype ourselves for blowing out the chargers, this is a week to week league and this clearly wasn’t the chargers week.

now if the likes of mekari and powers can continue playing the way they played then we might be able to continue running it for 5 yards a pop, but with dobbins and Gus we would consistently run for 5+ at will while regularly breaking off 20+ yard runs. Not only does that take a ton of pressure off Lamar but it completely changes how a defense schemes for you.

True, but I would say going up against Bosa isn't an easy task

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
True, but I would say going up against Bosa isn't an easy task
It isn’t, but Greg Roman has a way of doing that, he keys in on star edge defenders, makes them read, and then punches them in the mouth with multiple blockers, over and over until they’re weak and winded. when you only have one great defender in the box that’s what happens. The run game is going to struggle when facing more complete fronts. The ravens win on the ground with numbers, so one elite defender and a bunch of jags will never stop it. a quality LB and SS to scrape and fill, and a quality edge to crash is all it takes to put the ravens in a position to need to throw 35 times, when you only have one/two of those things you don’t stand a chance.

Tank

Hall of Famer
Exactly

Totally agree. Crazy to think what the passing game and offense as a whole would be if teams had to scheme for Dobbins and Gus.

Dirt1

Practice Squad

If Dobbins and Gus don’t get hurt, the Ravens probably don’t pass as much this year and we wouldn’t have seen Lamar develop as a passer the way that he has. Regardless, I believe the Ravens are still ranked in the top 5 teams in the league in rushing. They just have a much more balanced offense now.

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
If Dobbins and Gus don’t get hurt, the Ravens probably don’t pass as much this year and we wouldn’t have seen Lamar develop as a passer the way that he has. Regardless, I believe the Ravens are still ranked in the top 5 teams in the league in rushing. They just have a much more balanced offense now.

Sure we would. Him having less attempts doesn't mean he's less of passer. Maybe his stat line isn't as good, but that's just fodder for the general public who doesn't know any better.
A better running game allows your receivers to be more open and for your QB to make easier throws.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer

We wouldn’t NEED to rely on the pass as much, more volume doesn’t make you a better passer by default, as a matter of fact you would think Lamar is just that much more efficient having rbs who can turn a dump off into a chunk play.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer

He should be a huge boost, I’m really excited to see how he fits into this new offensive design, if he’s physically good to go then I could see him having a really nice contribution once he’s fully in rhythm.

if we make a super bowl run, not too many players are more deserving than nick boyle, he is part of this team’s identity