• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Signings, Cuts, Trades

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
Whitney Mercilus became available. If we wanted him I doubt it would be expensive since his focus is going to a winning team. Our pass rush, outside of Oweh, has not been great. Thoughts ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ndub

Ravens Ring of Honor
Whitney Mercilus became available. If we wanted him I doubt it would be expensive since his focus is going to a winning team. Our pass rush, outside of Oweh, has not been great. Thoughts ?

He's not your guy if you want pass rush. He scored a 39.5 last year on PFF and hasn't had a double digit sack season since 2015, 6 years ago.

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
He's not your guy if you want pass rush. He scored a 39.5 last year on PFF and hasn't had a double digit sack season since 2015, 6 years ago.

What’s his grade so far this year?

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor

Well that certainly sucks lol. I’m not sure he is even an upgrade or on par with our current crew….. but I don’t know how we have a deep running relying on Bowser, McPhee, and Houston. None have been very impressive getting to the QB.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
True, but I would say going up against Bosa isn't an easy task

right but we werent really going against bosa - the run game is about more than just one edge guy - the chargers have the most pass-centric approach to defence in the league - they leave the box low on numbers even leaving gaps completely un-manned and expect teams to try and pass anyway because it's still more efficient and hope that if they do run their DL can do enough

the problem the chargers have is that their DL and front 7 just aren't very good - they have Joey Bosa who is arguably a top 3 EDGE in the league but the talent elsewhere is not the kind of talent it takes to make this defence work

it worked for Staley with the Rams because he had Aaron Donald, Michael Brockers, Ashawn Robinson, Samson Ebukam

the chargers have Bosa but unlike Donald you can scheme him out of the game because he's on the edge and not the interior - but linval joseph, jerry tillery and forrest merril is not anywhere near the same

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Whats up with bozeman? Is he good?

day to day - it looked like he wanted to come back in on Sunday which is a good sign but they held him out - when it happened i was worried it was a lower body injury with the way he went down - it's a back injury which can be tricky especially in the trenches but my guess is if it's up to bozeman then he'll play

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
Makes me smile a little knowing how terrible Orlando has been in KC. The man got paid, good for him, but it's clear our system hid a lot of his flaws

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Makes me smile a little knowing how terrible Orlando has been in KC. The man got paid, good for him, but it's clear our system hid a lot of his flaws

he hasn't been paid as he is still on his rookie deal and I'm not so sure he would get a long term deal next year either. Maybe he will have the franchise tag on him next year to give him another tryout year.

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
he hasn't been paid as he is still on his rookie deal and I'm not so sure he would get a long term deal next year either. Maybe he will have the franchise tag on him next year to give him another tryout year.

I thought they had extended him already. Makes me smile even morning knowing he maybe playing himself right out of a huge contract. Should have stayed in Baltimore and upped his value, would have been a beast in free agency this summer