• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Signings, Cuts, Trades

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I imagine Roman is staying then, otherwise they would have announced both at the same time?
This decision could have been made already while they’re waiting to discuss Roman at the meetings? I wouldnt rule it out yet but it still feels unlikely, then again I thought it was unlikely either of them got fired

JAAM

Hall of Famer
I'm not mad at it, I guess I just don't understand why Roman gets the injury pass and Wink doesn't

JAAM

Hall of Famer
This decision could have been made already while they’re waiting to discuss Roman at the meetings? I wouldnt rule it out yet but it still feels unlikely, then again I thought it was unlikely either of them got fired
I want someone to directly ask Harbs about Roman. Really thought someone would after the Steelers game

ndub

Ravens Ring of Honor
Shows just how out of touch this franchise is when they fire the completely wrong coordinator LOL

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Shocker actually

wow, that is huge news! At this point we really need to bring in someone who can get the most out of our players and not play them out of position.

Anyone have any ideas who is out there or if we would promote from within?

JAAM

Hall of Famer
Shows just how out of touch this franchise is when they fire the completely wrong coordinator LOL
I'm still holding out hope. We should get confirmation during or after this weekend

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor

I hope we hire from the outside. I’m tired of Harbs just hiring betas from within that won’t overstep him. We need alphas! Kubiak-type of coordinators that can tell Harbs to sit his ass down and stick to special teams.

Mike MacDonald cool too though. Bring Dax Hill. Lol

Last edited:

RL52TheGreatest

Ravens Ring of Honor
I'm not mad at it, I guess I just don't understand why Roman gets the injury pass and Wink doesn't

My roommate told me that we fired him and my immediate response was, "WHAT THE FUCK, WHY IS ROMAN NOT FIRED?". lol

I'm actually excited to see who becomes the new DC tho. Wink's all-out blitzes were really starting to annoy me this season, the tackling was awful almost all year, and there were way too many big plays given up. Yeah, the injuries were a huge factor, but I don't think he did enough to pull things together and make adjustments. Time for a change.

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
At this point we really need to bring in someone who can get the most out of our players and not play them out of position.

Very underrated point

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a hunch Roman will be gone too. This team will move ahead with new coordinators on both sides. I think if we fail to make playoffs next year John will be on the hot seat (as he should be) so he has tough decisions to make. This is all imo of course.

JAAM

Hall of Famer

JAAM

Hall of Famer
I have a hunch Roman will be gone too. This team will move ahead with new coordinators on both sides. I think if we fail to make playoffs next year John will be on the hot seat (as he should be) so he has tough decisions to make. This is all imo of course.
I'm just really doubting we fire two coordinators in the same offseason

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Everyone is freaking out, but the truth is, we didn’t fire the better coordinator of the two. The dramatic response is because we think Lamar is being held back by Roman, but in my opinion I think wink is pretty clearly the inferior coordinator between the two. Both sides dealt with heavy injuries, one made much more adjustment than the other, performed better throughout, and lost the absolute top X factor in the league and stayed competitive but ultimately was undone by turnovers that was not the coordinators fault.

wink is a savant, but without 3 absolute lockdown man corners he’s gonna get torched, his defenses always have and always will be figured out by the end of the game.

I have plenty to say about Roman, but I think whether or not we fired the right coordinator isn’t a question. I feel pretty strongly that everyone’s freak out has more to do with Lamar than with the actual coordinators

ndub

Ravens Ring of Honor
Everyone is freaking out, but the truth is, we didn’t fire the better coordinator of the two. The dramatic response is because we think Lamar is being held back by Roman, but in my opinion I think wink is pretty clearly the inferior coordinator between the two. Both sides dealt with heavy injuries, one made much more adjustment than the other, performed better throughout, and lost the absolute top X factor in the league and stayed competitive but ultimately was undone by turnovers that was not the coordinators fault.

wink is a savant, but without 3 absolute lockdown man corners he’s gonna get torched, his defenses always have and always will be figured out by the end of the game.

I have plenty to say about Roman, but I think whether or not we fired the right coordinator isn’t a question. I feel pretty strongly that everyone’s freak out has more to do with Lamar than with the actual coordinators

Wrong. Absolutely nothing to do with Lamar. If you can’t see that Roman is holding this offense back as a whole then I really don’t know what to tell you.