• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Signings, Cuts, Trades

JAAM

Hall of Famer

JAAM

Hall of Famer
I'd really like to see us move on from Roman too, ink Lamar's deal, and use this high draft capital draft to get better and more importantly modernize on both sides of the ball
Exactly what I’m saying. I just want to be balanced on offense and actually scheme our best players open. You’re not catching Hollywood in a foot race unless you have Tyreek on defense

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
Step on any toes? Jim should be thanking big brother for loaning him MacDonald to save his image. Went from being on the hot seat and having to take a paycut to getting a raise and NFL HC considerations again thanks to his defense turning around.

John needs to put on that super bowl ring and pound his first if Jim starts talking back to him

side note: tell me MacDonald doesn’t look like Wink’s younger self. It’s meant to be! View attachment 3058
Wink looks like a straight up badass that gets respect from the bros regardless of age.

As for MacDonald, he may be a very competent coordinator. But gosh, his face in this photo is slowly pissing me off.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Interesting. isnt Harbs in the final year of his contract too?

Yep... he signed a 4 year extension through 2022 back in 2019. So he's also going to be in a lame duck situation unless we extend prior to the season which I can see happening. Before 2021, Steelers inked Tomlin to a three year extension through the 2024 season and I can see a similar 3 year extension for Harbaugh.

Wink looks like a straight up badass that gets respect from the bros regardless of age.

As for MacDonald, he may be a very competent coordinator. But gosh, his face in this photo is slowly pissing me off.

Who the hell tucks a t-shirt into slacks? He should be removed from contention from that alone.

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
Yep... he signed a 4 year extension through 2022 back in 2019. So he's also going to be in a lame duck situation unless we extend prior to the season which I can see happening. Before 2021, Steelers inked Tomlin to a three year extension through the 2024 season and I can see a similar 3 year extension for Harbaugh.

I can see us letting harb ride out this year. If he decides to ride with GRo and fail again, it’ll be best to bring in a new HC and philosophy as we transition into Lamar’s 2nd contract. A HC who can actually maximize Lamar as a passer to justify his contract.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Who the hell tucks a t-shirt into slacks? He should be removed from contention from that alone.
Oh man… you’ve never been to a ravens game… pre Lamar days the standard fan in attendance had a knockoff ray Lewis jersey tucked into their purple camo pants.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I can see us letting harb ride out this year. If he decides to ride with GRo and fail again, it’ll be best to bring in a new HC and philosophy as we transition into Lamar’s 2nd contract. A HC who can actually maximize Lamar as a passer to justify his contract.

nah - you never let a HC ride out a lame duck year - he's either your guy or he's not your guy which means you either get rid now or you extend

we havent got rid so he's our guy so he needs an extension

rossihunter2

Staff Member
A couple of things ive been thinking about with Wink's departing and what that means for the defence and the personnel in place

1) LB was incredibly difficult to play in Wink's system and he put a ton on those guys as a former LB coach
2) what does this mean for Tyus Bowser - he's a unique player who had elevated value in the multiple defence that Wink operated - if we move to become a simulated pressure defence then he still has lots of value but there's lots of defensive structures where his value becomes lesser
3) what does this mean for our pass rush
4) do we play less press-man

and i do want to say also that as much as people ragged on the Wink experience in 2021, when his defence was humming it was some of the most imaginative and fun defence to watch in the league

redrum52

Hall of Famer
A couple of things ive been thinking about with Wink's departing and what that means for the defence and the personnel in place

1) LB was incredibly difficult to play in Wink's system and he put a ton on those guys as a former LB coach
2) what does this mean for Tyus Bowser - he's a unique player who had elevated value in the multiple defence that Wink operated - if we move to become a simulated pressure defence then he still has lots of value but there's lots of defensive structures where his value becomes lesser
3) what does this mean for our pass rush
4) do we play less press-man

and i do want to say also that as much as people ragged on the Wink experience in 2021, when his defence was humming it was some of the most imaginative and fun defence to watch in the league

More

Sacks

Why the FUCK is Roman still here?

rossihunter2

Staff Member
More

Sacks

Why the FUCK is Roman still here?

it's interesting that they waited until they were at the summit to announce the departure of wink - apparently they're in the bahamas this year not jupiter florida

suggests to me that either there were some disagreements that they had to hash out amongst the higher ups with regards to wink or they saved discussions of the coaching staff until they got there (both wink and roman were fully involved in the wrap-up personnel meetings last week)

but would think they'd have announced both wink and roman at the same time if roman was going to be gone

redrum52

Hall of Famer
it's interesting that they waited until they were at the summit to announce the departure of wink - apparently they're in the bahamas this year not jupiter florida

suggests to me that either there were some disagreements that they had to hash out amongst the higher ups with regards to wink or they saved discussions of the coaching staff until they got there (both wink and roman were fully involved in the wrap-up personnel meetings last week)

but would think they'd have announced both wink and roman at the same time if roman was going to be gone

Exactly what has me worried. I'm holding out hope he's gone too but know there's no way the fire one now then choose to get rid of the other one later. And why does it seem we always get rid of the coach who seems to be better at their job? That said think we start getting more production from the younger guys with more traditional fronts.