• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Signings, Cuts, Trades

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
When do we think the next move is incoming? Whether MP, Ionnidis, Clowney, Suh, Floyd, Houston etc?

And who do you think it will be?
Ooo forgot about Clowney. Sign him up come August

JAAM

Hall of Famer

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
If anybody had predicted back then that Chris Wormley would end up having the better career the whole forum would have been in shambles
I think I may have been the only one on the forum that was ok with the Wormley pick. Thought he was used improperly at Michigan and he'd be a better pro.

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
I think I may have been the only one on the forum that was ok with the Wormley pick. Thought he was used improperly at Michigan and he'd be a better pro.

It just pains me cause all the WRs I wanted got swept up in the 2nd round. And the last guy I was screaming for, that was still available when we drafted Wormley, was Chris Godwin.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I stand strong that Tim Williams was 110% a case of character bullshit, because he was about as natural a pass rusher as I’ve ever seen and he was putting quality reps on film when he got a rare opportunity in the league.

i genuinely thought he was a 1st round type pass rushing prospect... cant believe that dude couldnt sort his mind out

was so fluid and natural - dude was bendy, athletic, with great hands and im so salty he turned into nothing

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor
Apparently he's been playing snaps in the league since 2016 but I've never heard of him. Camp body?
Judging by the Ravens' article on him he's a solid run stopper that played a high number of snaps for the Bears. He probably will make the cut here unless some undrafted guy plays insanely well.

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
As far as I can tell he's a simply bad football player. Kinda like Mustipher but probably even worse. Not sure why you'd go this route over a Suh or Clowney where there's at least a chance for SOME high level play. Obviously those guys will probably get more than the vet min but not by a ton at this point.

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
As far as I can tell he's a simply bad football player. Kinda like Mustipher but probably even worse. Not sure why you'd go this route over a Suh or Clowney where there's at least a chance for SOME high level play. Obviously those guys will probably get more than the vet min but not by a ton at this point.
OK so I don't really know what the market for these guys are, but...
a) I doubt any of these veteran types are interested in signing in May and participating in OTAs.
b) Clowney has basically been a FA every year for like 4-5 years, and he's never made less than $7M in a year. Maybe his price comes down a bit, but I'd think $6-7M on a one year deal is his range. That's like 4x the vet minimum.
c) honestly think Suh may be in that range too. He signed for $2M with Philly in November, but that's for less than half a season.
So these guys are substantially higher paid than the guy we just signed, who likely won't even make the team.