• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Signings, Cuts, Trades

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
Vikings eat all of his salary and give us a pick for cook
Come on now.I’m not dying on the Cook hill, but the man had a good season. Nearly 1200 yards and a 4.5 yards per carry. Let’s not act like we have that hanging out on the practice squad if Gus or JK have injury concerns resurface. If it’s a bargain bin kinda deal we should be shopping.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Come on now.I’m not dying on the Cook hill, but the man had a good season. Nearly 1200 yards and a 4.5 yards per carry. Let’s not act like we have that hanging out on the practice squad if Gus or JK have injury concerns resurface. If it’s a bargain bin kinda deal we should be shopping.
JK Dobbins had 5.7 yards per carry and in 2020 he had 6.7

If he had a full season and wasn't limited he would easily break 1000 yards

redrum52

Hall of Famer
Gus is The Man, and his best play is ahead of him. He's had some bad luck but hopefully it turns around for him.

Luv JK, but he needs to shut his pie hole and play football. Hopefully he dodges the injury bug as well. But that knee.......

View attachment 5424
I get his frustration. Rbs already get shafted. He got hurt in a meaningless game and then his touches in games made no sense when he finally was healthy. Career wise he's in a tough situation and we have no idea how the run game is going to look next year.

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
JK Dobbins had 5.7 yards per carry and in 2020 he had 6.7

If he had a full season and wasn't limited he would easily break 1000 yards
Not remotely comparable when neither JK or Gus hit 100 attempts last year. Not to mention one offense is lead by the greatest running threat in the NFL(Lamar) which creates a huge advantage for our backs. The other offense is high volume pass attack led by Kirk Cousins.

Besides this doesn’t really address my original point. It wasnt a JK/ Dalvin comparison. It was simply the fact we have no business turning our nose up at good RBs considering the last few years. Any quality guys we might be able to get for a late round pick or cheap should be considered.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Not remotely comparable when neither JK or Gus hit 100 attempts last year. Not to mention one offense is lead by the greatest running threat in the NFL(Lamar) which creates a huge advantage for our backs. The other offense is high volume pass attack led by Kirk Cousins.

Besides this doesn’t really address my original point. It wasnt a JK/ Dalvin comparison. It was simply the fact we have no business turning our nose up at good RBs considering the last few years. Any quality guys we might be able to get for a late round pick or cheap should be considered.
having lamar is a huge advantage but also a reason why we don't need to pay through the nose for a rb

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor

a) I wouldn't consider Dalvin Cook a "quality guy" anymore. He's very much in the mold of a Zeke Elliott to me, which is a big name with historical production that clearly has a LOT of tread worn off. He's going to give you about half of what you see from him in his prime.
b) A trade would be off the table for me because you know Minnesota ain't keeping him, so they'll cut him if they can't trade him, AND, trading for him absorbs $10.5M he's owed this year, which is at least double what I'd ever consider paying him.

28-29 year old RBs with four straight seasons of basically 300+ touches is not really something I'm looking to target.

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
a) I wouldn't consider Dalvin Cook a "quality guy" anymore. He's very much in the mold of a Zeke Elliott to me, which is a big name with historical production that clearly has a LOT of tread worn off. He's going to give you about half of what you see from him in his prime.
b) A trade would be off the table for me because you know Minnesota ain't keeping him, so they'll cut him if they can't trade him, AND, trading for him absorbs $10.5M he's owed this year, which is at least double what I'd ever consider paying him.

28-29 year old RBs with four straight seasons of basically 300+ touches is not really something I'm looking to target.
Dalvin ass.. mf tip toes every time
He gets the ball

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
I get his frustration. Rbs already get shafted. He got hurt in a meaningless game and then his touches in games made no sense when he finally was healthy. Career wise he's in a tough situation and we have no idea how the run game is going to look next year.

I'd assume they will rely on their RBs alittle more this year.

That playoff game where JK got not touches in the redzone was crazy.

JAAM

Hall of Famer
I remember wanting him in the draft
Same, and then he made me terrified of drafting Ole Miss WRs until AJ Brown and Metcalf came along lol

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Can't see a way Treadwell sticks on the 53 but I'll never complain about a veteran option in camp. Not a terrible vet PS option to have around if it comes to that either.

Has a physical profile different to any of the other options - certainly has a chance to compete at the bottom of the 53 but the lack of special teams likely limits his chances significantly

But definitely a great camp body to have