• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Lost in Translation's "JFC man it's too damn early" mock draft.

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
Sadly, I cannot find my old mocks per the request of another.

So in this system of the time I want to send this message:

FUCK YOU ADMIN THREE FOR MAKING ME LOSE ALL MY HIGH QUALITY CONTENT. I TRY TO MAKE THE FORUM A FUNNIER PLACE WHILE PROVIDING SEMI-DECENT INSIGHT. BUT YOU RUIN MY FUN ANYWAY. I HOPE EDTHEMYTHICAL ONE AND RMCJACKET ARE RUINING YOUR BLOGS.

Anyway. Now that my pure anger is out of the way. Let's mock this things.

So this is an anti-traditional formula. It's going to be two total rounds. But one pick if we are picking in the beggining of the round, one in the middle, and one at the end because honestly, this season could go either way for us. In total, two rounds, six possible selections.

"But Lost, it's too early for a mock. Spring training is barely over"

Well screw you! I do what I want.

Round One:

1. SaQuon Barkley- My self-proclaimed man crush. Hands off JoeyFlex5, and other draft enthusiasts. He's MINE DAMN YOU. His athletic ability is impressive, as is his all around game. But what sets him apart in my eyes is his abilities to make people miss in the open field, and his vision. He's going to need to stop hurdling, but his ability to make people miss is reminiscent of the 2009 version of Ray Rice. The best part? He's 6'0 and weighs 220 and can move like that. Like the 2009 Ray Rice, he's got good, but not great long speed. But all in all, he has the potential to be an elite running back. We'd be beyond lucky if something bad happened(god forbid).

2. Harold Landry-
"BUT LOST. WE STOCKED UP ON PASS RUSHERS LAST DRAFT. WHY DRAFT ANOTHER ONE". Because it's my mock. That's why. And Landry is one of my favorite prospects. Good bend? Check. Good burst? Check. Knows how to use his hands? Check. Can put his hand in the dirt if he has to? Check. Harold Landry made a wise choice to stay in school. I think his production will remain high and he wouldn't have been a top end first rounder in the last draft despite leading the nation in sacks. Nonetheless, the dude has potential to be a very good player at the NFL level. I love me some Matt Judon and Tim Williams, but as Ozzie's old adage goes, "you can never have too many pass rushers". Besides, those idiotic analytics suggest that Tim Williams is nothing more than a situational player anyway. So let's get a guy who can do both full time and use Tim Williams like McPhee given the chance that he's right.

3. Quinten Nelson- OG
I've been preaching to the choir that we need to get more offensive lineman. So some may ask, why draft a guard then? We drafted Siragusa(a player I really liked) last year. Because Nelson has the potential to be a very good guard. That's why. We could put Nico at center and field a line next year of
Stanley-Nelson-Siragusa-Yanda-hopefully not Hurst(seriously.. Fucking cut him). Boom. That's your damn Cowboys offensive line. Combine that with the defense, and boom. Super bowl team..

Round two will be added tomorrow.

Hope you liked round one! If not, well.. Screw you.

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor
What position do you think were most likely to go for. Typically we adress areas of need and this year is kinda odd....so far id say TE, DT 3 tech, ILB (depth), and slot reciever.

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
What position do you think were most likely to go for. Typically we adress areas of need and this year is kinda odd....so far id say TE, DT 3 tech, ILB (depth), and slot reciever.
First round is going to be absolute BPA (from Ozzie's perspective of course), book it.
After that RT is the unquestionned priority, then S, WR/TE.
After that and for good measure, more OL and DL plus a RB (Akrum Wadley Akrum Wadley Akrum Wadley Akrum Wadley Akrum Wadley)

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor
First round is going to be absolute BPA (from Ozzie's perspective of course), book it.
After that RT is the unquestionned priority, then S, WR/TE.
After that and for good measure, more OL and DL plus a RB (Akrum Wadley Akrum Wadley Akrum Wadley Akrum Wadley Akrum Wadley)
Ya I agree. Wouldnt be surprised if we go Tackle in round 1 though. Id love Wadley. Hes so shifty

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
I'm pretty sure mcglinchey is gonna be a top 15 player in the draft so hopefully we have no chance to get him ^_^
Yeah last year my early crush was Jamal Adams so usually I don't expect my crushes to be there when we pick. But I'm not really sold on any other prospects at the moment.

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
Luckily by the time we draft they'll all have another year of tape to look at :p
True, I already said I didn't like Orlando Brown but I listened to Matt Miller's podcast and apparently the kid has come a long way, so if he keeps on slimming down and gets more fluid in his kickstep he might be a good example of what you're saying. Damn I can't wait to have a bigger sample to watch.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Fuck right off Barkley is mine.

Also Nelson, he was my prime target until he opted out in 2017.

Also Landry was one of my favorite trade back candidates because before he opted out he was projected in the early second

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
Fuck right off Barkley is mine.

Also Nelson, he was my prime target until he opted out in 2017.

Also Landry was one of my favorite trade back candidates because before he opted out he was projected in the early second
Too bad. Beat you to them by putting them in a mock. Just to proclaim that they're mine. MINE I TELL YOU!

I will post the second round later. Life has gotten in the way y'all. Sorry.

But Barkley is mine.

As is Landry.

You can keep Nelson though