• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

What to Watch vs. Miami Dolphins

Edgar

Ravens Ring of Honor
1) The Danny Woodhead effect
2) Maclin and Wallace debut?
3) continued D LINE dominance against a potent running game
4) personnel/alignment defensively ( really liked seeing Williams at right DE, with Pierce and Urban inside on certain passing downs)
5) Seeing Bowser and Tim Williams take a step further
6) Peanut vs. Correa at ILB
7) Austin Howard at tackle
8) quarterback play
9) who plays best at LG
10) Marlon Humphrey

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Secondary: Humphrey and hill
DL: Pierce, kaufusi, urban, henry
LBs/edge: bowser, correa, williams

OL: Howard, Jensen, hurst
RB: all of them
WR/TE: maclins debut, Boyle and Williams

SepticeyePoe

Hall of Famer
I want to see the o-line, front 7, and Humphrey. Or really, I just want to see everyone who plays and how they do.

RL52TheGreatest

Ravens Ring of Honor
- Humphrey: SHOW ME WHAT YOU GOT
- Tim Williams: can he bounce back after a rough first game?
- Urban: he was a one-man wrecking crew against the 'Skins so I want to see if he can continue that level of play
- Mallett: he needs to play better because his first game was awful; his job is potentially on the line if he has another shit performance
- O-line: played pretty solid in the first game (at least the starters did) so let's see if that continues; also, want to see who's lining up where

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I am looking forward to see if our defense can continue to put strong pressure on the QB.
I agree, I want to see if our dl and edge rushers can continue to put pressure in the qb as well as our oline opening holes and protecting the qb. Feel everything else will fall into place if those things happen. Also excited to see Humphrey on the field.

jboy19

Pro Bowler
I agree, I want to see if our dl and edge rushers can continue to put pressure in the qb as well as our oline opening holes and protecting the qb. Feel everything else will fall into place if those things happen. Also excited to see Humphrey on the field.

I want to see the DL do better. Id argue that Washington has a better OL than Miami does.

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
If I want to really see how good the Ravens DL has gotten the best test for that though is week 5 against the Raiders. I dont think any of the teams before that even in preseason should do much in the way of stopping the stacked Ravens front 7

rossihunter2

Staff Member
If I want to really see how good the Ravens DL has gotten the best test for that though is week 5 against the Raiders. I dont think any of the teams before that even in preseason should do much in the way of stopping the stacked Ravens front 7

which already suggests something then doesnt it because if the first test they face is the 2nd ranked ol unit in week 5 and the team with last year's (for some) top rated tackle prospect and other pieces is supposed to not be a challenge in the next game or the steelers strongly graded line then you're already expecting dominance against good olines

Boldnpurpblack

Practice Squad
-Come away clean with no further season ending injuries
- Mallett in better rhythm in the passing game
- The vet offensive weapons showing polish (Maclin, Woodhead, Wallace, Watson, West)
- OL play (Howard, Jensen, Skura, Hurst, Eluemenor specifically)
- Continued DL dominance (can Urban stack performances, Pierce, Kaufusi, Henry and Wormley getting interior pressure)
- Tim Williams allowed to let loose on a couple obvious passing situations with 1st/2nd team defense instead of only playing 3 down role
- Bowser, Correa, Levine, Onwuasor take steps forward
- Humphrey
- See a favorite for the nickel role emerge
- if Reynolds can build on that 1 big return and give us a consistent presence back ther
- 1 of the QB's actually find Camp when he's consistently getting open
- someone take control of 3rd RB and FB competitions

Yea I know that's, like, basically everything. But, we should probably want answers for the lingering questions, right?

Sooky

Pro Bowler
i was happy for him and everything, and it literally put a massive grin on my face when it happened but that punt was a classic case of out kicking the coverage and reynolds really should have taken that one to the house
I was thinking the same thing actually with the hole he had I thought he had a good chance of taking it farther then he got tripped up.

I was really on that Tim White hype train so that hurts.