• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

GGG vs Canello!!

Somerset Ravens

Pro Bowler
I see this as a very close fight. GGG has the power advantage but Canelo is the better boxer. Canelo is a good body puncher and if he focuses on this early it could pay dividends later in the fight. They are two of the best fighters in the world and hopefully they give us a classic fight followed by a rematch.

Sledge Hammer

Pro Bowler
I see this as a very close fight. GGG has the power advantage but Canelo is the better boxer. Canelo is a good body puncher and if he focuses on this early it could pay dividends later in the fight. They are two of the best fighters in the world and hopefully they give us a classic fight followed by a rematch.

I wouldn't say canello is a better boxer. His hands are a little faster than Tripple G at this stage. TrippleG is 35 yrs now. And clearly a little slower than 3 yrs ago. Except for that he is a better boxer than Canello. I'll explain.

Boxing skill is more than hand speed and rolling your shoulder to slip a punch. There's turning to lessen the brunt of a big shot. There's talent in the skill to apply power from multiple angles and extensions. Which btw is what gives Triple G the edge in boxing skill. Canello can hit hard when he spools up and recoils his body to get leverage into a shot. Triple G's opponents will tell you his power is consistent from all angles and distance.

Against most opponents if you maintain a step of distance the boxer is usually in a safe zone. Meaning his opponent can't really spool up and land something to hurt him from that angle and distance. Which means the boxer can relax. But Golovkin can outright Hammer his opponent from compromised angles and distances an opponent is usually safe. And his gloves don't need much of a runway to generate power. Meaning with Golovkin, punches that don't look significant are actually devastating punches! And here it goes dudes, He has a lot of fast twitch muscle fiber. Meaning he can generate awesome power in very short distances without needing leverage or much distance to generate slamming power. Similar to a linebacker or safety than can generate a jarring hit in one or 2 steps from a complete standstill. Like Ray Lewis could take one step and generate big hits that most linebacker need a runway to build up speed to deliver the same impact. Golovkin can deliver thunderous impact with very little motion. And he can do it from very awkward positions. Watch his highlights on YouTube. It's amazing the power he displays with minimal hand motion and from awkward positions.

Canello like several dudes Golovkin KO'd named Lemieux and Stevens has fast hands and hits hard. When he is able to torque his shoulder and body into the hit. So how is it Canello has a chance?? First off I mentioned Golovkin is 35. And His body looks a little softer than it was 5 yrs ago. Then Canello is clearly juicing. There's vids all over youtube pointing out all that muscle he put on in 2 months and acne. The results he will get is anybody's guess. It could make h faster and more explosive while far stronger. To point where his power surprises Triple G whenerver feeling his power be it punch or clinching. And it could stiffen him up, slow him down and hurt his endurance. I wouldn't bet on this fight. 3 yrs ago I would bet 5G Triple G knocks Canello out. But he is 35 now and Canello has brought in PEDs to the the equation. So it's pretty even tomorrow night.

Triple G has lost some handspeed since he killed Geale, maybe even Lemmy, his timing is a little off too. He needs to make that jab his bread and butter because its rangy and snappy as hell. I still think he can sit on his punches and hit harder when the target is more stationary but Canelo is not one of those types of mexican boxers, thats why his hometown booed him.

Also that was a blatant robbery that does no favors for boxing.