• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

2020 NFL Season Predictions Thread

JO_75

Hall of Famer
dicuzrngvsdoilsv4mrk

Place all your Predictions here for the upcoming season and let's see who is right or wrong at the end of it. Lock in your predictions before Week 1 Sunday's games. It's funny looking back at the thread last year and seeing that someone said Lamar would go off and ended up being right. Who will be hoisting the Lombardi Trophy in Tampa in 2021? GO!

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
I ran a simulation for every game, and here are my playoff seeds:
AFC:
1. Chiefs (13-3)
2. Ravens (13-3)
3. Bills (11-5)
4. Titans (9-7)
5. Browns (12-4)
6. Broncos (10-6)
7. Steelers (9-7)

NFC:
1. Vikings (13-3)
2. Saints (12-4)
3. 49ers (12-4)
4. Cowboys (11-5)
5. Buccaneers (12-4)
6. Seahawks (11-5)
7. Packers (11-5)

I've got Ravens vs Chiefs in AFCC, 49ers vs Vikings in NFCC.

Got Chiefs/Vikings SB.

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
As you can probably tell from the standings, I think things could be a little "top and bottom heavy" this year. Lack of preseason and development for teams with new coaches, QBs, etc. I think will favor more established teams much better.

I've got Bengals at 2-14, Jags at 1-15 (honestly struggled to find them a win), Dolphins, Pats, and Jets with 6,5 and 4 wins respectively.

In NFC, I think the South and the West are both extremely strong divisions (all 8 teams .500 or better). Bears and Lions will be bad, NFC East continues to be garbage (three teams sub .500).

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
My best win/loss O/U bets of the year, based on current Vegas projections:

1. Carolina OVER 5.5 wins. Very underrated team. I have them 8-8.
2. Chicago UNDER 8.5 wins. Pretty much no talent on offense, 4 tough divisional games and have to play the whole NFC South.
3. Jacksonville UNDER 4.5 wins. Pretty small number, but I struggle to find 5 wins on their schedule.
4. Vikings OVER 9 wins. Think they're among the most talented teams in the league.
5. Patriots UNDER 9 wins. I don't see how they finish above .500

cdp

Ravens Ring of Honor
Browns W New HC, new scheme. This should be W!
@Houston W. Hopkins gone so I don’t see anything scary
KC: L Queen and Harrison are both struggling with KC’s high-powered offense.
@Washington W!
Bengals W Bengals get out to a hot start, but we see their tendencies on tape and Wink keeps blitzing all game long.
@Eagles L. Their stacked DL get the best of our young OL.
Steelers W
Bye
@Colts W Rivers’ arm is dead at this point and the defense shuts down their quick passing offense.
@Patriots W Newton’s out and our defense is too much for Stidham
Titans W Lamar and the offense get their revenge.
@Steelers L Usual split
Cowboys L The 2nd game in which Queens struggles
@Browns L
Jaguars W This game is an easy W after 3 consecutive Ls.
Giants W Daniel Jones fumbles 3 times and Peters gets a pick 6.
@Bengals W. This time we won't rest the starters and the bengals have nothing to play for.

->11-5

SepticeyePoe

Hall of Famer
Andrews and Hollywood both have 10+ TDs.

Dobbins leads the team in rushing yards and comes up just short of rookie of the year.

Lamar has 40 passing TDs.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
I has tasked myself a video where I come up with 55 predictions for the season in honor of Super Bowl 55, this is harder than I thought. Luckily Divisions and Super Bowl Predictions take less time to write.

AFC:
1. Chiefs
2. Ravens
3. Bills
4. Colts
5. Steelers
6. Titans
7. Patriots

AFC Title Game: Ravens @ Chiefs

NFC
1. Packers
2. Buccaneers
3. 49ers
4. Cowboys
5. Seahawks
6. Saints
7. Cardinals

NFC Title Game: Bucs @ Packers

Super Bowl 55: Ravens vs Packers

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
I has tasked myself a video where I come up with 55 predictions for the season in honor of Super Bowl 55, this is harder than I thought. Luckily Divisions and Super Bowl Predictions take less time to write.

AFC:
1. Chiefs
2. Ravens
3. Bills
4. Colts
5. Steelers
6. Titans
7. Patriots

AFC Title Game: Ravens @ Chiefs

NFC
1. Packers
2. Buccaneers
3. 49ers
4. Cowboys
5. Seahawks
6. Saints
7. Cardinals

NFC Title Game: Bucs @ Packers

Super Bowl 55: Ravens vs Packers
Just out of curiosity... what is there to like about the Packers? Is it purely just "motivated Aaron Rodgers"?

I generally hate their roster. Defensively they're OK as a pass rush team, but it's one of the least talented offenses in the league, and I think they're going to get bullied by pretty much every strong defensive team in the league (Vikings, Saints, 49ers mostly).

I think they're a playoff team because their division is still pretty weak, but I can't see them as a #1 seed or beating some of the teams they'd need to beat to get there.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Just out of curiosity... what is there to like about the Packers? Is it purely just "motivated Aaron Rodgers"?

I generally hate their roster. Defensively they're OK as a pass rush team, but it's one of the least talented offenses in the league, and I think they're going to get bullied by pretty much every strong defensive team in the league (Vikings, Saints, 49ers mostly).

I think they're a playoff team because their division is still pretty weak, but I can't see them as a #1 seed or beating some of the teams they'd need to beat to get there.
I agree, it’s literally Rodgers and that’s it on offense, if AJ Dillon massively outperforms many of our expectations then hooray they have some run game and play action but no player to pay off.

that FO really dicked Rodgers around this offseason

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
I agree, it’s literally Rodgers and that’s it on offense, if AJ Dillon massively outperforms many of our expectations then hooray they have some run game and play action but no player to pay off.

that FO really dicked Rodgers around this offseason
I mean I guess the thought is a) they're going to be much more run-heavy, may even run more than they throw and b) that will help Aaron in play-action and to be more efficient and stay within the confines of the offense.

My problem is... I think they're pretty average at running the ball. Like if they think they're going to be as good as SF or Minnesota or Seattle or some of these run-heavy teams, I think they're in for a rude awakening.

I like their front seven quite a bit, but to be honest, if they played like SF ten times on a neutral field, I'd be shocked if they won more than maybe 1-2 times. They match up so poorly with physical teams who can run on them and get after the QB. And I think the three better teams in the NFC, like Minnesota, NO and SF, can bury them pretty easily.

I think they're a playoff team, but I don't see how they get to like 12-13 wins, which is what it would take to get a #1 seed.

On schedule alone, they play Minnesota twice, who's a nightmare matchup for them, @ New Orleans, @ Tampa, @ SF. I think that's 4-5 losses right there, and that's assuming they win every other game.