• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Ravens nation fed up mock draft

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor
I think I speak for all Ravens fans when I say I am fed up with the lack of talent on offense regarding to skill positions. This flaw on our team has shown up through bad drafting and development. Our list of drafted skill position players is dreadful enough that it doesn't need to be posted. However, I found one thing very noticeable. A lot if not all the players we drafted were boom or bust prospects, they were as raw, unrefined. It still carries true regarding Permian and Williams.

Sure you can say Ozzie and co. have done a nice job with fill ins like Wallace, Watson, and Marlin. But that's the problem, they're only fill ins. Wallace is only a deep threat, Watson can't gain separation anymore and we all saw what happened when maclin can't go. We have no threat across the middle.

Sure you can say Collins is nice but he doesn't blow you away. He's a big guy with good feet who can find cut back lanes...that's it. He's not gonna break tackles or run away from you in the open field.

Anyways....that's enough venting its time to fix the problem and I'm sold these guys will do just that

Round 1: Jonathan Bryce Love RB Stanford- not as popular as nick Chubb around here but he has much more homer in potential. Some may think he's all speed but he's a solid 5'10 195. He's extremely patient and manages to squeeze through the smallest of wholes. He does a fantastic job reading blocks and setting himself up for big gains. He leans tight towards lineman to give him the best possible angles to get away from defenders. Kid has fantastic instincts and his speed isn't his only blessing in terms of his genes. Comming out of high school his 40 yard dash (4.3) was lower than his gpa (4.5).....crazy. Makes sense that he's majoring in human biology.

Alternative option Christian Kirk Texas A&M aka baby Beckham

Round 2- Anthony Miller WR Memphis- wanna talk about play like a raven well look no further than Anthony miller, kid plays with a chip on his shoulder the size of the Empire State Building. He honestly reminds me of SSS cause of how he plays and the intensity he plays with. He may not be the biggest or the fastest but he gets open and catches the ball. He has some big hands for his body size and it shows on tape. He catches everything thrown his way. Plus I really want us to be able to say "it's miller time!"

I'd like to go deeper but it's too soon. To name others who I really like early as offensive skill players would be Jaylen Samuels (touchdown machine for NCstate) Pettis WR for Washington is a punt return master, Rahsaan Penny is the next David Johnson, and of course Chubb and Wadley would be fabulous. I also think Calvin Ridley will be extremely successful in the NFL just because of how smooth everything is for him. He's one of the most fluid athletes in this class. Everything seems easy for him, reminds me a lot of Stefan Diggs comming out

Last edited by a moderator:

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
I haven't watched Love just yet but I sure will do when I get the occasion. Kirk is not a 1st round prospect in my eyes, I don't see it with him. Also, it's personnal but I want a big bodied receiver that can win 50/50 jump balls and move those sticks.

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor
I haven't watched Love just yet but I sure will do when I get the occasion. Kirk is not a 1st round prospect in my eyes, I don't see it with him. Also, it's personnal but I want a big bodied receiver that can win 50/50 jump balls and move those sticks.
We need someone who can A. Get open(excels in finding soft sppts in zone) B. Has hands and C. Gets YAC. Kirk checks all those boxes and brings returner value. Hes an elite athlete and translates well in the nfl because he can work the middle of the feild. I couldnt trust a guy like Sutton or that Notre Dame kid. They nust dont get seperation and thats what kills us. Hes also very well mannered and doesnt act like a diva. Hard nosed kid who fits our culture. Hes a perfect fit for what we need

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
We need someone who can A. Get open(excels in finding soft sppts in zone) B. Has hands and C. Gets YAC. Kirk checks all those boxes and brings returner value. Hes an elite athlete and translates well in the nfl because he can work the middle of the feild. I couldnt trust a guy like Sutton or that Notre Dame kid. They nust dont get seperation and thats what kills us. Hes also very well mannered and doesnt act like a diva. Hard nosed kid who fits our culture. Hes a perfect fit for what we need
Well I don't agree with your analysis. We'll have to wait on his combine but I'm not sure he's that athletic, and from what I've seen he's scheme open a ton. He doesn't actually look like a great route runner. Hands look OK and YAC looks good.
Not liking St Brown (too soft, can't get off press) or Sutton (slow af), but one guy I keep getting impressed by is Auden Tate from FSU. He's a dog.

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor
Well I don't agree with your analysis. We'll have to wait on his combine but I'm not sure he's that athletic, and from what I've seen he's scheme open a ton. He doesn't actually look like a great route runner. Hands look OK and YAC looks good.
Not liking St Brown (too soft, can't get off press) or Sutton (slow af), but one guy I keep getting impressed by is Auden Tate from FSU. He's a dog.

I guess well have to wait then. But to me....there arent many people in the SEC who are faster than Kirk. Hes really well built too, should be an instant impact player in the nfl. To me hes a bigger Edelman, thats who he reminds me of most and how they use him. They put schemes together so they can get him the ball in space. Problem is all the recievers and qb he plays with are all true freshman. They really struggle to block for kirk on bubble screens.

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
Im all in on drafting a RB and building a strong run game. My only concern is that love is listed under 200lbs. Is he capable of being a 3 down back?

1st: Nelson, OG, Nd
2nd: miller, wr, memphis
3rd: rashaad penny, rb, sdsu

That would be my dream draft.

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor
Im all in on drafting a RB and building a strong run game. My only concern is that love is listed under 200lbs. Is he capable of being a 3 down back?

It think he can. Looking at the film hes well built and has good pad level. Hes stronger than youd think but its not like your drafting him to be a bruiser

I love Rashaad Penny though. I think he could be like a David Johnson type player. He has a very unique skill set. Also has 7 or so career kickoff return tds.

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter

Penny is probably going to be a borderline first rounder.

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
Penny is probably going to be a borderline first rounder.

I'm not sure about that one. Although RBs are making their way back into the 1st round, the position is still some what devalued. Maybe 2nd round for penny. Playing at SDSU and their schedule is going to hurt him.

purplepittabread88

Staff Member
Administrator
Get this. Bryce love is 20 years old. Hes already working in stem cell research labs at stanford.
NOoO I don't want John Urschel 2.0. Kidding, but real talk, with all this CTE stuff I truly believe that intelligence might cause players to slip (Who wants a player calling it quits at 26?) I guess we just need people who really love football and love not sucking.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
Who's going to throw jump balls? As of late, they either drop short or fly in opposite direction.

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
I'm not sure about that one. Although RBs are making their way back into the 1st round, the position is still some what devalued. Maybe 2nd round for penny. Playing at SDSU and their schedule is going to hurt him.
Will depend on who ends up highest on boards but he's up there with Jones II and Love as guys who could be the 3rd RB taken, and I think one of them goes in the 1st. At least, he'll go second round imo. But you never know, with how stacked this class is he could fall like DLs in 2016.

Who's going to throw jump balls? As of late, they either drop short or fly in opposite direction.
The pick six could have been a catch if Moore had any strength to box out the CB or pluck the ball. You replace Moore with Auden Tate, Cobbs or Sutton and you get a different result.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
If that's what you want, then miller takes it over Kirk lol