• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

For my fellow nerds...

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
today, at blizzcon 2017... blizzard announced something that a huge portion of WoWs fan base has begged for, for years...

LEGACY SERVERS! Classic WoW remade in a legal and easily accessible way. I'm sure most here won't share my enthusiasm, probably nobody will. But for those who have wanted this, it's a huge deal.

Anyone else a WoW player?

ALI624

Pro Bowler
I used to play have been “retired” for almost a year.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I used to play have been “retired” for almost a year.
Yeah I retired from retail WoW because I don't like the direction this games been going since MoP, but I still play private servers and have since 2013, vanilla bc and wotlk. And private server players and admins have been fighting for years for legacy servers(classic iteration of wow) and blizz shuts them down everytime, and then once all the legacy hype died down and everyone accepted defeat... they fucking announce it. I'm lit

29BmoreBird22

Staff Member
Writer
50 cents a day mayne. Like I give a fuck
$15 a month is still like $200 a year. In five years, that's $1000 into a game.

I don't mind putting money into games that I play, but they're all free to play to begin with. I play LoL and I bet I've put in less than $200 in the 4 years I've been playing.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
$15 a month is still like $200 a year. In five years, that's $1000 into a game.

I don't mind putting money into games that I play, but they're all free to play to begin with. I play LoL and I bet I've put in less than $200 in the 4 years I've been playing.
I get it, but I spend far more on fast food and cigarettes lol, at least this isn't killing me slowly. I've always looked at it as a simple $15 a month, I'm not gonna be saving that $15 and likely not spending it any wiser, because I'm just not great with money. Some people just view that kinda thing differently

29BmoreBird22

Staff Member
Writer
I get it, but I spend far more on fast food and cigarettes lol, at least this isn't killing me slowly. I've always looked at it as a simple $15 a month, I'm not gonna be saving that $15 and likely not spending it any wiser, because I'm just not great with money. Some people just view that kinda thing differently
I have nothing against people who play WoW and it seems like a pretty dank game, but for me, I just can't get behind a monthly fee to play a game at all. If it were similar to Runescape where paying gets you a ton more content, I'd probably play, but outright paying each month just isn't my thing.