• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Hey Raven fans

I was amazed at how many Packer fans were cheering for you guys to go all the way once we were out. I talked to many that were all for you guys but now that were both out a lot of Packer fans don't seem to care who wins now. They all said that you guys were the coolest fans that visited Lambeau last season. We may have a bitter rival that we hate in Purple and Gold in the Vikings but we also have another team that we love in Purple and Gold in the Baltimore Ravens. You guys are like our brothers in the AFC in my honest opinion. Would you guys say that out of any fanbase we are the easiest to get along with or have you had any other great encounters with other fans?

I feel the same way as you do. GB fans are the best followed by the Saints! Most fans of other teams leave me alone when I wear my Ravens gear if go to DC for a day or wherever we go on vacation or say something nice except for Steelers, Browns, and Redskins. We did go to Cleveland as part of a summer vacation a few years ago and we made sure to not wear any gear so they would not feel we were trying to rub things in but as soon as someone heard where we were from they started with us. In case you don’t know even though in all sports teams move cities the Ravens are hated by a lot of people not just Browns fans for getting the team from Cleveland even though they were guaranteed a new team in a few years.

I feel the same way as you do. GB fans are the best followed by the Saints! Most fans of other teams leave me alone when I wear my Ravens gear if go to DC for a day or wherever we go on vacation or say something nice except for Steelers, Browns, and Redskins. We did go to Cleveland as part of a summer vacation a few years ago and we made sure to not wear any gear so they would not feel we were trying to rub things in but as soon as someone heard where we were from they started with us. In case you don’t know even though in all sports teams move cities the Ravens are hated by a lot of people not just Browns fans for getting the team from Cleveland even though they were guaranteed a new team in a few years.
The Browns fans hating on us for "stealing" their team is laughable. I do not hate on Indianapolis for luring the Colts away from Baltimore ... they just did what they needed to do to get a team. I hate Irsay for turning a once proud franchise and one of the organizations that led the NFL into the modern era into a steaming pile of shit and threatening from day one to move the team.

Browns fans have no idea ... let's see how would have liked had they also had their logo and their history taken, had to wait 8 years to bid on a new franchise and then be told to take their money and build a museum. Yeah ... Tell old Colt fans if they'd have been OK with losing the shit franchise run by Irsay, but to retain their logo and history and be guaranteed a new franchise in a couple years after they left.

If Tagliabue weren't an ass or if he wouldn't have let Jack Kent Cooke coerce him into passing over Baltimore in favor of Carolina or Jacksonville - then Browns fans could be pissed at those cities for stealing the Browns instead.

Maybe they could save their hate solely for Modell, but let's face it ... had they just given him what he needed to have his franchise survive in Cleveland (a deal they were going to have to give anyway to get a new franchise) ... none of it would have happened. Thankfully they screwed it up. Their loss was our gain.

I was amazed at how many Packer fans were cheering for you guys to go all the way once we were out. I talked to many that were all for you guys but now that were both out a lot of Packer fans don't seem to care who wins now. They all said that you guys were the coolest fans that visited Lambeau last season. We may have a bitter rival that we hate in Purple and Gold in the Vikings but we also have another team that we love in Purple and Gold in the Baltimore Ravens. You guys are like our brothers in the AFC in my honest opinion. Would you guys say that out of any fanbase we are the easiest to get along with or have you had any other great encounters with other fans?
I find this surprising. I really don't view the Ravens as one of those teams of national notoriety. Love that you have taken on the Ravens as a favorite team in the AFC, but that just feels like something rare. I live in NC and we don't get to see many Ravens games (unless they're playing the Pats or Steelers). Go into a sports store and you aren't going to see any Ravens gear (lots of Cowboys, Steelers, Redskins, Packers ...).

I felt like we were on the verge of being viewed as a perennial contender after that super bowl win, but I feel like that status is lost. Too many instances of finding ways to lose to keep ourselves out of the post-season these past few years.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
The Browns fans hating on us for "stealing" their team is laughable. I do not hate on Indianapolis for luring the Colts away from Baltimore ... they just did what they needed to do to get a team. I hate Irsay for turning a once proud franchise and one of the organizations that led the NFL into the modern era into a steaming pile of shit and threatening from day one to move the team.

Browns fans have no idea ... let's see how would have liked had they also had their logo and their history taken, had to wait 8 years to bid on a new franchise and then be told to take their money and build a museum. Yeah ... Tell old Colt fans if they'd have been OK with losing the shit franchise run by Irsay, but to retain their logo and history and be guaranteed a new franchise in a couple years after they left.

If Tagliabue weren't an ass or if he wouldn't have let Jack Kent Cooke coerce him into passing over Baltimore in favor of Carolina or Jacksonville - then Browns fans could be pissed at those cities for stealing the Browns instead.

Maybe they could save their hate solely for Modell, but let's face it ... had they just given him what he needed to have his franchise survive in Cleveland (a deal they were going to have to give anyway to get a new franchise) ... none of it would have happened. Thankfully they screwed it up. Their loss was our gain.

I can understand their anger to a certain extent - they get to keep their legacy but the team that they lost has won 2 superbowls since while they have literally become a factory of sadness - those eventualities I can imagine will make you cling onto your blame and hatred longer than in other cases

I can understand their anger to a certain extent - they get to keep their legacy but the team that they lost has won 2 superbowls since while they have literally become a factory of sadness - those eventualities I can imagine will make you cling onto your blame and hatred longer than in other cases
True. As long as their anger isn't directed to the fans of the team ... As I said, I'm not angry with fans of the Indianapolis Colts, but at the same time, I will never root for that team as long as they are named the Colts and as long as they are owned by an Irsay. The Ravens are neither named the Browns, nor are they owned by Modell.

If they were named the Indianapolis Racers and were owned by someone not named Irsay - I would not specifically root against them just because they used to be the Colts.

Last edited:

rossihunter2

Staff Member
True. As long as their anger isn't directed to the fans of the team ... As I said, I'm not angry with fans of the Indianapolis Colts, but at the same time, I will never root for that team as long as they are named the Colts and as long as they are owned by an Irsay. The Ravens are neither named the Browns, nor are they owned by Modell.

If they were named the Indianapolis Racers and were owned by someone not named Irsay - I would not specifically root against them just because they used to be the Colts.

that's fair - but the browns could be forgiven for holding onto their hatred just because of the relative successes of the team - if the ravens were perennial trash and the colts had won 3 superbowls since the move im sure it would be harder to get over...

i cant really judge myself being neither from baltimore or even american and have only been following football since 2010 (or so)

that's fair - but the browns could be forgiven for holding onto their hatred just because of the relative successes of the team - if the ravens were perennial trash and the colts had won 3 superbowls since the move im sure it would be harder to get over...

i cant really judge myself being neither from baltimore or even american and have only been following football since 2010 (or so)
As you can tell by my avatar, I am from Baltimore and grew up watching the Colts in their glory days ... which ended abruptly the day Robert Irsay laid his diseased, greasy fingers on the franchise (save for a period where Bert Jones briefly lifted the organization to some respectability).

I'm just saying ... the grudge I harbor is against the family Irsay - but most critical - is the loss of our storied history. It belongs with this city. It would have been nice had the NFL showed us the same decency as they showed Cleveland in allowing our city to hold onto the logo and our history. So when Clevelanders complain to us about their plight - all I can think is "cry me a river".

rossihunter2

Staff Member
As you can tell by my avatar, I am from Baltimore and grew up watching the Colts in their glory days ... which ended abruptly the day Robert Irsay laid his diseased, greasy fingers on the franchise (save for a period where Bert Jones briefly lifted the organization to some respectability).

I'm just saying ... the grudge I harbor is against the family Irsay - but most critical - is the loss of our storied history. It belongs with this city. It would have been nice had the NFL showed us the same decency as they showed Cleveland in allowing our city to hold onto the logo and our history. So when Clevelanders complain to us about their plight - all I can think is "cry me a river".

oh im absolutely not delegitimising baltimore people's experiences of losing a franchise just that i can feel some empathy for why browns fans still cant get over the ravens

cobrajet

Hall of Famer

I feel the same exact way and I mean EXACTLY!!!!! There is not a team I hate losing to more than the Colts, and I was so angry when they won the Super Bowl because I want nothing but heartache for any Owner named Irsay!

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor

Its even worse when Payton smashed all of Johnny U's records playing for Indianapolis. Its not like Alex Collins is gonna take Jim Brown's records. We defenitly got treated wrong and the worst thing is the Colts name was chosen by Balt people cuz of our horse breeding history. The records belong here!!!

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Its even worse when Payton smashed all of Johnny U's records playing for Indianapolis. Its not like Alex Collins is gonna take Jim Brown's records. We defenitly got treated wrong and the worst thing is the Colts name was chosen by Balt people cuz of our horse breeding history. The records belong here!!!
Yeah, that’s just wrong

Boldnpurpblack

Practice Squad

Yea it sucks... bc we had what, 4 NFL Championships and a SB as the Colts.

4 NFL Championships and 3 SB's sounds pretty nice. Screw it, I'm keeping the history whether the NFL wants to recognize it or not.

RayRayRaven

Veteran
I felt like we were on the verge of being viewed as a perennial contender after that super bowl win, but I feel like that status is lost. Too many instances of finding ways to lose to keep ourselves out of the post-season these past few years.

When they purged Bolden and Pollard and failed to find a way to resign Ed for at least one more year I knew. That writing was immediately on the wall and I have been on ozze and harball like flies on shit since.

Ray was gone, Ed was not embraced, Pollard was unvalued, they let Ngata walk. By then it was over. Point your finger at the team killers. Not even gonna address subsequent drafting.

I knew

Last edited:

cobrajet

Hall of Famer
Yea it sucks... bc we had what, 4 NFL Championships and a SB as the Colts.

4 NFL Championships and 3 SB's sounds pretty nice. Screw it, I'm keeping the history whether the NFL wants to recognize it or not.
It is also cool that we won a USFL championship with the Baltimore Stars and a Grey Cup with the Baltimore Stallions. I will go to my grave bitter that we could not keep our Colts history.