• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Article Lost's January Mock

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
So just because I am in Spain doesn't mean I'm not gonna work. Another article coming this month..

MOCK TIME. Since we now have a definitive draft position, it's much easier to do a mock draft. So let's do this thing.

Offseason

Resign:

Ryan Jensen

Mike Wallace

Benjamin Watson

Cut:

Jeremy Maclin

Austin Howard

Brandon Carr

Anthony Levine

Albert McClellan

Sign:

Terrelle Pryor- Season came to an end, immense upside, and we are close. Not to mention we are also far more likely to be good again next season than the Redskins if they lose Kirk Cousins, which is very possible. He wouldn't have to move and he's freakishly athletic. Someone we could easily use. Good all around reciever who just couldn't get it going. Good low-risk high reward signing.

Demario Davis- Young, can do just about everything. Good player. We have a hole at ILB #2 and CJ was clearly hurt for a good portion of the season. Since we have no idea what the future holds, I think this signing makes a ton of sense. He's a definitive upgrade at the ILB #2 spot and should not be too expensive. He's the type of compliment the team could really use.

Kyle Fuller- I know that people are going to freak out about the investments being made on the defensive side of the ball. But let's look at it this way. Unlike the Bears we are not a total shit show. The future of Jimmy Smith is a total unknown as he has an injury that might set his career back, Brandon Carr is being cut, he's from here, and he is coming off of a good season. I could see him coming here. This signing makes sense and with a new Defensive coordinator(possibly Fangio too tbh. Who knows) Fuller might excel. I have confidence in Humphrey, but both Tavon and Jimmy are question marks coming off of injuries. Here's a signing that could hopefully provide some stability at the position. He will come at a price, but shouldn't be overly expensive. Either way, CB depth in today's NFL is a must, and a CB corps of Jimmy, Tavon, Humphrey, and Fuller would be among the best in the NFL.

Draft:

Round One: Billy Price, OG/C, Ohio State

Billy Price is no Nelson, but that's okay, the gap isn't as far as some make it out to be. Mauler, smart football player, technically sound, he makes the oline a better unit. An interior with him, Jensen, and Yanda would be a game changer. Stanley out the outside as well would make the unit as a whole one of the most formidable in the game. As for who the new RT is going to be? Alex Lewis, who's skill set is better off in this position anyway. Overall, this pick makes the entire offense better. Alex Collins almost went for 1000 yards despite not really having a big role until midseason and running behind a poor interior. Yanda comes back and Price is added, suddenly Collins is a 1200 yard back. Price is an Ozzie pick. Will be hated, but will be good.

Round Two: Dallas Goedert, TE, South Dakota State

Goedert looks to be the next great basketball player turned TE that the NFL has seen... Let's go through some of the basketball player traits. Rebounder? He can do that rather effortlessly. Impressive leaping ability. Good, strong hands. Good body control. Strong in bouncing out. Good awareness. He has some facets of the game that need work, but he's the perfect project to put behind Benjamin Watson. Given that Flacco has a total infatuation with the Tight End Position, this is an ideal selection. High risk, but extremely high reward potential. Could be a force in the NFL for years to come.

Round Three: James Washington, WR, OK- State

Sorry guys. I know lots of people hate him here. But he gets open deep and makes plays. He needs work, but his ceiling is pretty high. We need playmakers on the team, and he's damn good at making things happen. I think he lasts this long due to valid concerns about his playstyle, and athleticism.

Round Three(comp): Akrum Wadley, RB, Iowa

With how deep the RB class is, I would not be surprised to see someone drop. Wadley would be just too good to pass up. Alex Collins is a good starter, and Dixon is a starting caliber back himself, but not only can we not rely on Dixon to be avaliable, but same goes for Woodhead. Thankfully, Wadley is a good reciever out of the backfield. He's not a power back, but is more of a speed/shifty back. He's a playmaker, something we are sorely lacking. I don't care where we find them, we need them: badly.

Round Four: Simmie Cobbs JR, WR, Indiana

Big bodied WR who has a knack for making contested catches. He's solid, but would be an ideal target for Joe. For those complaint that we did not take a WR first round, I honestly think we could acquire three. Two to be immediate starters(Pryor, Washington), one as a project guy. This is the project. Not a #1, not gonna hype him up too much, but could be a solid player at the NFL level.

Round Five: Riley Ferguson, QB, Memphis.

I think this is where he goes.. Which is still a good pick. He has some major issues, but for a guy like this to be rated as a seventh rounder I think it's absurd. We said we'd be looking at backups... Furguson has the makings of a very good backup.

Thank you for reading, hope you liked it.. If not then whatever.

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor
Hmm cutting Levine is something I haven’t seen. And not sure if it’s something I like

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I like Billy Price and I recently brought up Goedert so that my pick and will go in my mock. That being said, there is no way James Washington makes it to round 3. He has a very high upside and is a freakish talent and a very hard worker.

Cutting Levin is not a good idea. I’d also be ok signing Urban at a reasonable price for depth.
Terrell Pryor has hands of butter. Living in the DC area I listen to Washington area sports often. Although he’s got a very good work ethic he can’t catch the ball. If he came at a reasonable price I’d be ok with signing him, but not at the same price the skins paid for him. Maybe a smaller 1 year deal, but that's it.

Last edited:

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
By cutting Levine we would save his salary of $ 1,400,000 in 2018 and $ 1,500,000 in 2019. There is still $ 266,667 of unamortized bonus ( dead money ) to go against the cap.
He was very good in dome packages this yr. if we still plan on running dime, we need to keep Levine.

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor
Realistically, he’s probably going to go between picks 21-32. If he falls into the second round, the. I agree, no worse than mid 2nd.
I know he really wants to go to the Cowboys but im not sure hed fit Dak.....i could be wrong. Im starting to see his draft range late 1st early 2nd. I think the highest he'll go is Dallas at 19. Plus Decosta said he only sees 1 or 2 guys worthy of a 1st round pick.....but if Ridleys one....whos the other? Its a mystery

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
I know he really wants to go to the Cowboys but im not sure hed fit Dak.....i could be wrong. Im starting to see his draft range late 1st early 2nd. I think the highest he'll go is Dallas at 19. Plus Decosta said he only sees 1 or 2 guys worthy of a 1st round pick.....but if Ridleys one....whos the other? Its a mystery
It's probably Sutton... Not a lot of us are particularly high on him. So it's Sutton since we can't hit on WRs to save our lives