• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Edgar January four round mock

Edgar

Ravens Ring of Honor
ROUND ONE - ALABAMA, ILB RASHAAN EVANS
I like everything about this prospect. Versatile and physical backer that will really transform the defense. Extremely instinctive at diagnosing the action and finding the football. A smart football player. Equally fit in coverage and against the run.
As tremendous as The Alabama defensive personnel is, Evans is my favorite to watch. Very good blitzes with some talent off the edge, though he is clearly best suited inside.

ROUND TWO - ARKANSAS, C, FRANK RAGNOW
Let me get this out of the way; Ragnow is a first round talent and I would consider taking him there. He might be my favorite player in the entire draft. I love watching this guy.
You want Joe comfortable in the pocket? This guy is a stone wall with extremely powerful base.
great intelligence and athleticism. Great in space and reaching second level.....really impressive as an athlete. The best center I've seen come out in years. Pro bowl player and absolute ten year center piece....improves the offense straightaway.

ROUND THREE - MARYLAND, WR DJ MOORE
Can threaten all parts of the field with enough quickness and deep speed to keep corners on their heels. Suffered through FIVE!!!!!....Quarterbacks this past season and remained productive. Dangerous post catch....gifted with the ball in his hands. Understands how to get open and how to position himself with the ball in the air. Could stand to work on hands catching rather than letting the ball get into him at times but, there are enough instances of him plucking the ball out of the air and away from his body on tape to make me confident this will be improved. Great third down chain mover for Joe to find.....good at bodying up at the sticks and converting on underneath stuff.

ROUND THREE - ( compensatory), MARYLAND, CORNERBACK, J.C JACKSON
Big corner that will be a steal here provided he can stay out trouble. Very physical in the run game with great athleticism and deep speed. He and Humphrey together will be more than formidable... having Mosley and Evans inside and having Jackson and Humphrey for years to come will be something. I will admit that I am basing this off of very limited tape but the traits are there and I don't mistake them.

ROUND FOUR - CLEMSON, WR HUNTER RENFROW
I tend toward these sort of receivers in the mid rounds. Great hands and tough and fearless over the middle despite his size. crafty route runner and chain mover. Ate Alabama up...
Ardarius Stewart admitted to studying HIM ... which I consider quite an admission. Called him the best route runner he'd seen in college.

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
I like Ragnow too. Maybe even more than Price. But how do you think we do if Jensen is resigned? Would you put either at guard?

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Three is the earliest I'd take Moore and I'd be happy with him there, but do you really think he'll be there? Some team is gonna fall in love

Edgar

Ravens Ring of Honor
I like Ragnow too. Maybe even more than Price. But how do you think we do if Jensen is resigned? Would you put either at guard?
If we could somehow keep Jensen, I would move him to guard.
I'm not sure we can be in free agent market for both Jensen and a wide receiver but if we opted to retain Jensen....that's 4\5 of a nasty nasty line for the next few years.

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
If we could somehow keep Jensen, I would move him to guard.
I'm not sure we can be in free agent market for both Jensen and a wide receiver but if we opted to retain Jensen....that's 4\5 of a nasty nasty line for the next few years.
And if we don't keep him who would you have at guard? Would you be fine with what we have in Yanda and Lewis?

Edgar

Ravens Ring of Honor
And if we don't keep him who would you have at guard? Would you be fine with what we have in Yanda and Lewis?
Well, Yanda....yeah.
I'm not sure about Lewis.....Siragusa if healthy is a possibility... What about you?
I suspect we'd go with Lewis but...

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
Well, Yanda....yeah.
I'm not sure about Lewis.....Siragusa if healthy is a possibility... What about you?
I suspect we'd go with Lewis but...
I don't know man, for the whole season I believed guard is where we should go in the draft but if everyone comes back healthy it's by far our deepest position group. And the more I think about it, the more I just wanna say "fuck it, let's just take a good lineman", which makes me appreciate the Ragnow pick. I would definitely be happy because from what I've seen of him he's super strong and can get to the second level real fast. It just raises some questions elsewhere on the line that interest me.

UKRaven

Practice Squad
I think Moore will be gone by the 3rd, but at the same time I'm not sold on him anyway!

Have no problem with the first to picks as love Evans and he would be a great pick, and Ragnow is a beast but whilst its important we protect Joe IMO we have to get him some playmakers big time and feel we need to address that early in the draft!

Either the 1st round pick or 2nd has got to be a WR or one of the playmaking TE's for me (if the value is there at 16, if not I am in for trading back)

Edgar

Ravens Ring of Honor
I don't know man, for the whole season I believed guard is where we should go in the draft but if everyone comes back healthy it's by far our deepest position group. And the more I think about it, the more I just wanna say "fuck it, let's just take a good lineman", which makes me appreciate the Ragnow pick. I would definitely be happy because from what I've seen of him he's super strong and can get to the second level real fast. It just raises some questions elsewhere on the line that interest me.
Ragnow is exceptional. That's where I would start. He's the best center prospect I've seen since I don't know when.
He's a clear first rounder and if he lasts until round two i consider that stealing a little.