• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Edgar Early February Mock

Edgar

Ravens Ring of Honor
1) Cleveland Browns- Saquon Barkley
2) NY Giants - Josh Rosen
3) Indianapolis Colts- Bradley Chubb
4) Cleveland Browns- Sam Darnold
5) Denver Broncos- Josh Allen
6) NY Jets- Baker Mayfield
7) Tampa Bay - Quentin Nelson
8) Chicago Bears - Minkah Fitzpatrick
9) San Fran 49ers - Tremaine Edmunds
10) Oakland Raiders - Denzel Ward
11) Miami Dolphins - Roquon Smith
12) Cincinnati Bengals- Mike McGlinchey
13) Washington Redskins - Derwin James
14) Green Bay packers- Joshua Jackson
15) Arizona Cardinals - Calvin Ridley
16) Baltimore Ravens-
ROUND ONE - ISAIAH WYNN, G, GEORGIA
View attachment 555
A five for one player. Likely a pro bowl player with a few tweaks. I feel comfortable with him stepping an as a back up to Stanley at LT. I'm good with him anywhere inside. Orlando Brown was a consideration as was Billy Price.
ROUND TWO - MICHAEL GALLUP, WR, COLORADO STATE
View attachment 556
A wideout capable of threatening a defense on all three levels, a productive and reliable target for Flacco.
Very good route runner with great hands...fearless over the middle with decent yards after catch.
ROUND THREE - FRANK RAGNOW, C, ARIZONA STATE
View attachment 557
kinda dig this prospect and I've written a bit on him before. Flacco when he's comfortable in the pocket is quite good and that's what I'm after.
ROUND THREE, (COMPENSATORY)- TYRELL CROSBY, TACKLE, OREGON
View attachment 558
I didn't particularly care for Crosby initially. I was lazy and turned him off after only a few plays that I wasn't crazy over.
I've watched him quite a bit more subsequently and I am convinced he will stick at RT. Really long and powerful prospect with experience at both tackle spots. A brute in the run game. His pass pro is not a work of art to behold so far as his technique but he manages in most cases to get the job done..typically by playing catch-up because of his long limbs and running his man past the QB. If he locks a guy up in pass pro, the guy is locked up, often times he will end up out of frame.
a few instances of him being beaten inside. I do think he will look rough at times in year one but have confidence he'll come out of it and play very well.
ROUND FOUR - JESSIE BATES, FS, WAKE FOREST
View attachment 559
An Ozzy type pick if ever there was one. good size and speed prospect. Physical player always around the ball with very good instincts and range.
ROUND FIVE- HUNTER RENFROW, WR, CLEMSON
View attachment 560
A walk on at Clemson. Not only does this guy catch everything, he makes really incredible catches to boot.
Gets open..is great at finding holes in zone and sitting down. Nice runner after the catch. Really an Amendola/Edleman type and I see him as a tremendous target for Joe on third down.
ROUND SIX- ITO SMITH, RB, SO. MISS
View attachment 561
I really like Ito. A smallish three down back. Very natural catching the football and exceptional at identifying and picking up the blitz ( check out his Florida State tape).
ROUND SEVEN - D.J CALHOUN,ILB ARIZONA STATE
View attachment 562
I'll admit to not having seen much on Calhoun other than his highlight reel and trying to spot him on Josh Rosen tape VS. UCLA.
What stands out is that he will knock your block clean off and I admit to being a sucker for that in a prospect.
He appears(on the UCLA tape), to have good instincts dropping in zone coverage and to be a hitter and a sure tackler.
this year he tallied 12 tackles for loss, 6.5 sacks and three passes broken up.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Individually I like the players, love Wynn and Ragnow, but our first four picks you have us taking 3 Offensive lineman. Now I like building the lines as much as anyone. Maybe more than anyone, but 75% of our first two days shouldn’t go ol.

Edgar

Ravens Ring of Honor
Individually I like the players, love Wynn and Ragnow, but our first four picks you have us taking 3 Offensive lineman. Now I like building the lines as much as anyone. Maybe more than anyone, but 75% of our first two days shouldn’t go ol.
Thought very seriously about Tim Settle ( who I really like) in round three.
Could be overkill....but if it worked what a dominant line it would be...changes everything.
Which (assuming only one), Oline pick would you remove?

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Thought very seriously about Tim Settle ( who I really like) in round three.
Could be overkill....but if it worked what a dominant line it would be...changes everything.
Which (assuming only one), Oline pick would you remove?
Tyrell Crosby, I also believe a better wr prospect could be available don’t don’t have an issue with who you have in the mock. I’d take a TE with the Crosby pick

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor
Did Renfrow really declare? Also i think 16 is a little high for Wynn and like Mania said....3 Oline man with 3 of our first 4 picks. Not gonna bring much excitement. I also prefer James Daniels over Ragnow. Id also like to see us grab a TE in the first 3 rounds

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Actually... I like this lol. I think wynn is worth it there, he's gonna be a stud and probably a pro bowler at any position save for LT, immediate upgrade at any spot we choose, and immediate unsung hero when an injury happens on the OL and he's able to step in to fill any swing role. And as a guard he's just gonna be a fucking monster.

I absolutely think Gallup is round 2 material, he's gonna be a high volume-average YPR kinda guy, should crush the intermediate game and make a reliable chain mover and redzone threat with his ability to gain quick separation and turn his back to defenders and shield off the ball.

Know nothing of bates and Crosby.

Ragnow looks like a project to me but a relatively safe one as his upside is great and his weakness is the most coachable thing in all of football; footwork.

I'd be fine with renfrow at five. Hands and clutch factor can't be taught, it's that simple. There's always something to be said about a guy who year after year has shown up in key moments on huge stages. When you need a 3rd and 5 conversion late in the fourth to keep your season alive, he gets wide open. Need a short pass in the redzone to score a game winning TD? Renfrow will come down with a tough grab that had to be thrown in a tight window. You can't teach what renfrow brings to the table.

I am a massive fan of ito smith. He has ridiculous elusiveness. I'd take him late, hell I wouldn't be against him a round earlier. With his incredible cuts and jukes he WILL find a niche.

Don't like the last pick though. No wrap-tackles whatsoever, just headspears.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Did Renfrow really declare? Also i think 16 is a little high for Wynn and like Mania said....3 Oline man with 3 of our first 4 picks. Not gonna bring much excitement. I also prefer James Daniels over Ragnow. Id also like to see us grab a TE in the first 3 rounds
Yep, would like two pass catchers. Preferably a wr and TE. Save the pass catching rb for the middle rounds, although I don’t think I could be upset with Guice in the first and wr in 2nd.

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor
Yep, would like two pass catchers. Preferably a wr and TE. Save the pass catching rb for the middle rounds, although I don’t think I could be upset with Guice in the first and wr in 2nd.
Ya but will we finally draft an LSU guy???? Plus that would burry Buck Allen and Dixon in the depth chart. Im not as high on taking an OT as most are here and thats because i think Howard is reliable enough and cheap. I wouldnt mind a swing tackle since Hurst will most likely leave but otherwise our oline already has depth and starters. Unless Jensen leaves.

Really like Ragnow. He’s just a mauler. One of the best centers I’ve seen in a long time. I think taking Wynn is a reach, and Crosby will go in the second or possibly late first if a team decides to jump back in

Edgar

Ravens Ring of Honor
Actually... I like this lol. I think wynn is worth it there, he's gonna be a stud and probably a pro bowler at any position save for LT, immediate upgrade at any spot we choose, and immediate unsung hero when an injury happens on the OL and he's able to step in to fill any swing role. And as a guard he's just gonna be a fucking monster.

I absolutely think Gallup is round 2 material, he's gonna be a high volume-average YPR kinda guy, should crush the intermediate game and make a reliable chain mover and redzone threat with his ability to gain quick separation and turn his back to defenders and shield off the ball.

Know nothing of bates and Crosby.

Ragnow looks like a project to me but a relatively safe one as his upside is great and his weakness is the most coachable thing in all of football; footwork.

I'd be fine with renfrow at five. Hands and clutch factor can't be taught, it's that simple. There's always something to be said about a guy who year after year has shown up in key moments on huge stages. When you need a 3rd and 5 conversion late in the fourth to keep your season alive, he gets wide open. Need a short pass in the redzone to score a game winning TD? Renfrow will come down with a tough grab that had to be thrown in a tight window. You can't teach what renfrow brings to the table.

I am a massive fan of ito smith. He has ridiculous elusiveness. I'd take him late, hell I wouldn't be against him a round earlier. With his incredible cuts and jukes he WILL find a niche.

Don't like the last pick though. No wrap-tackles whatsoever, just headspears.
Yeah, I love Ito Smith and am a little surprised there is not more buzz. I like him more than most of the running backs in this class.