• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

RN Mock draft

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor
I wont be exploring trade options and to be honest this mock isnt intended to nail every pick but to lay out options and targets we could be looking at come april.

Round 1- Rashaan Evans LB Alabama

-Evans is such a good player on tape i find it hard to believe hes not worth this pick. I doubt we will have many nice options other than the drafts top DT or one of the OTs in this class but i felt nobody fits need and BPA better than Evans. If there need be discussion just know that i view Evans as a better player than all the OTs

Round 2- EQ St. Brown WR Notre Dame

-Brown is a prospect that will probably produce more in 1 year at the NFL than any year he did in college. He has elite length and chews up space in off coverage in a hurry. Runs crisp routes with sharp breaks which is impressive given his length. Has a massive catch radius and uses his size to box out defenders. Id like him to be more physical at the top of his route and learn to highpoint the ball more consistently. Hes a hands catcher but he does have a few drops on tape (mostly contested situations).

Round 3- Anthony Miller WR Memphis

- why not double dip at WR, especially if a player like Miller or even Kirk fall to this spot. Miller would be a great compliment to Browns game. Millers stock seems to be falling considering his foot injury and players of his caliber and position seem to fall right around this range (Lockett, Kupp, and Juju went late second as well).

Round 3 comp. - Ian Thomas TE Indiana

- Not a lot of tape of Thomas as he only has 28 career receptions but he oozes traites you want from a vertical recieving TE. He looks natural running routes and catching but he still needs some work to do. I think Greg Roman can do a good job getting him up to speed and making him produce in his first year. Im not so sure he will be available this late but its just a mock....i also hope we do the same thing we did last year with Jernigan and trade ZDS for a higher draft pick. Make it happen ozzie

4th round- Kalen Ballage RB ASU

- Im gonna put him here now before his combine numbers makes this look impossible. Hes 6'2 225 and looks like an everydown back but was mostly used as a recieving option for ASU (44 rec in 2016). Has tons of talent and ability but has always played in a RB by comittee system. He showed up in the senior bowl and was a mismatch vs linebackers in space all week. I also like Wadley and Walton as options here if we want a change of pace running back

Round 5- Alex Cappa OT buttfuck nowhere

- Cappa is the kinda guy we bring in that turns into another Ricky Wagner except i think Cappa has a more nastieness to his game.

Round 6- Riley Ferguson QB Memphis

- Development qb who shows some good traits on film. Good arm and mobility, maybe we can do something with this young gunslinger

Round 7- who cares....

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
I still hate St Brown but apart from that I'm good. Nice to bring Evans up, has been a while since I last watched some of his tape. Cappa imo is like an angry version of James Hurst, could see him end up being a really good swing tackle.

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor
I still hate St Brown but apart from that I'm good. Nice to bring Evans up, has been a while since I last watched some of his tape. Cappa imo is like an angry version of James Hurst, could see him end up being a really good swing tackle.
I dont hate him but there are things on tape that nerve me. I just think he will be so much better at the pro level. I was really gonna put Dante Pettis there first to be honest with you, but i thought St. Brown would be more fun to debate about

rossihunter2

Staff Member
id be interested to see who you had go in the first 15 picks - itd be hard to stomach evans but i can see him being a top 16 player in this draft...

i love the rest of this draft though - st brown and miller both turning up mitigates a lot of the risk between them (although wouldnt it be classic every ravens draft trope ever if they both busted... 2 ravens curses coming to fruition in one: ozzie cant draft wrs, ozzie cant draft on day 2...)

Ian thomas is a really intriguing prospect

Cappa's cool - i wonder if he wont have been picked up earlier given that he's already getting buzz because DJ did a brief vid on him during the senior bowl - would be a good pickup in the 5th though

riley ferguson is still my favourite day 3 qb option (and i still really think we need to bring in someone to take over the backup qb spot because mallet isnt gonna cut it)

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor
@rossihunter2 i litterally had the Top OT gone, Ridley, James, Guice all gone. It was Orlando Brown or Evans but ive seen Brown mocked to us too often i had to change it up.
I was more focused on the rest of the draft than really pick 16 tbh lol

What do you think of Dante Pettis btw? I think i should have picked him as our 2nd. Hes gonna be a great WR2 for whatever team takes him.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
@rossihunter2 i litterally had the Top OT gone, Ridley, James, Guice all gone. It was Orlando Brown or Evans but ive seen Brown mocked to us too often i had to change it up.
I was more focused on the rest of the draft than really pick 16 tbh lol

What do you think of Dante Pettis btw? I think i should have picked him as our 2nd. Hes gonna be a great WR2 for whatever team takes him.

i dunno what to think about pettis at the moment still - but he doesnt get me going the way st brown does - im going back to st brown's 2016 tape (when kizer was there) and i like more and more about him - his size is obviously eye catching but for me the 2 most comforting things to see when scouting him are his hands catching and his surprising agility and ability to make defenders miss... i like his body control but he could do with being more physical and i like the depths he settles at in some zone coverages and how he reads the defence but he definitely needs a lot more fine-tuning in his route running - that being said st brown is becoming one of my preferred wr options in the draft so id 100% stick with st brown over pettis at the moment (that of course could change once i see more pettis on tape)

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor
i dunno what to think about pettis at the moment still - but he doesnt get me going the way st brown does - im going back to st brown's 2016 tape (when kizer was there) and i like more and more about him - his size is obviously eye catching but for me the 2 most comforting things to see when scouting him are his hands catching and his surprising agility and ability to make defenders miss... i like his body control but he could do with being more physical and i like the depths he settles at in some zone coverages and how he reads the defence but he definitely needs a lot more fine-tuning in his route running - that being said st brown is becoming one of my preferred wr options in the draft so id 100% stick with st brown over pettis at the moment (that of course could change once i see more pettis on tape)
Ive only seen one drop by Pettis on tape. Heres a little taste of what you will see....
https://mobile.twitter.com/BradKelly17/status/962400647038558208

rossihunter2

Staff Member

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor
Little mixed (I watched the whole thread) but the rep you linked is an astonishing route with a beautiful double move - he beats the cb and makes the safety close on the post route briefly before sticking his foot in the ground and heading to the corner route
The body control he has to make that catch is incredible as well