• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Player comparison thread

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor
I dont usually like doing player comps because of how they are viewed. In my eyes player comps should be used to gauge potential or possible production at the next level.

I like having 3 comps per player. Ceiling comp, floor comp, and what YOU think he will be (production wise).

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I tend to agree with you about player comps, but we all get caught up in it. That being said,

Goedert (Zach Ertz & Jeremy Shockey)

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor
Steve Ishmael (Anquan Boldin)
DJ Snark (Steven Diggs)
I just started watching Ishmael and although you see Boldin i like Dez Bryant as a comp tbh. Im not sure why everyones sleeping on him. Hes slow sure and wont get you many yards per catch, hes a possession reciever through and through but hes the most consistent of all possession recievers in this class even if he is lacking in height and athleticism.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Anthony miller
Ceiling: Steve smith
Floor: Philip Dorset

Courtland Sutton
Ceiling: dez Bryant
Floor: Jaelen strong
Likely: lesser Mohammed sanu

james Washington
Ceiling: Larry fitzgerald(highly unlikely but I see similarities. Not great quickness or speed but can get open with craftiness and can really go up and get it downfield)
Floor: still working on this one, but hisbfloor can be quite low if his stiffness is a problem

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor
Steve Ishmael:
Ceiling: Alshon Jeffery
Floor: Laquon Treadwell

DJ Chark
Ceiling: Mike Wallace
Floor: Jacoby Jones (though still with better hands)

Ridley:
ceiling: Crabtree
Floor: Brandon Lloyd

Auden Tate:
Ceiling: Fitzgerald
Floor: Kelvin Benjamin