• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Official Round 1 Prediction

Simba

Staff Member
I see it as a Derwin situation and an ultimate test of the BPA philosophy. I’d guess if Hamilton is there at 14, we trade down due to our already large investment at the position.

Jordan Davis still feels the most realistic to me at 14 if I had to guess today.

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
In the order of players I think they'll take if they're there:
1. Hamilton
2. Gardner
3. Stingley
3. McDuffie

Beyond that, I really don't know. I like Davis, I'm just not sure the FO views defensive lineman as that important on this scheme. Maybe the scheme will be dramatically different.

I would bet if all four of those secondary players are gone, we'll either trade back, or take an Edge player... Johnson, Karlaftis, etc.

Officially, I'm saying we go Corner. I can't tell you which one, though. My guess is we do a brief trade up (maybe 2-3 spots) to get Stingley if he falls outside the top 10.

Also don't think we'd pass on Thibodeaux if his plummet is as real as some say (which I'm not buying).

rossihunter2

Staff Member
My prediction is trade back for Booth.

100% with you

think it's stingley or jermaine johnson and if it's not them then it's booth and preferably via trade down but ultimately think they'd probably be comfortable taking him at 14

or maybe it's jordan davis

normally there'd be more clarity by now but with the uncertainty even over who the number 1 pick is, it's even more complicated than usual and that has a snowball effect lol

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
100% with you

think it's stingley or jermaine johnson and if it's not them then it's booth and preferably via trade down but ultimately think they'd probably be comfortable taking him at 14

or maybe it's jordan davis

normally there'd be more clarity by now but with the uncertainty even over who the number 1 pick is, it's even more complicated than usual and that has a snowball effect lol
I actually think if we stick at 14 it's Davis. But I'm really expecting a trade back and Booth

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I agree with @JoeyFlex5 and believe Hamilton will be there at our 1st pick, but I see us trading down. If we don't trade down we take Hamilton, if we do end up trading down than I could see us taking Davis, Penning or Booth, depending on how far down we go.

JAAM

Hall of Famer
I agree with @JoeyFlex5 and believe Hamilton will be there at our 1st pick, but I see us trading down. If we don't trade down we take Hamilton, if we do end up trading down than I could see us taking Davis, Penning or Booth, depending on how far down we go.
I might lose my shit if we trade down with Hamilton on the board

I’m speaking that OUT of existence!!!

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
I'm down with the pick the Ravens are making. They are picking Trent McDuffie - CB Washington. I just feel that they would pick this guy over Stingley because he is durable and a surefire tackler. I don't think they pick anybody else unless somebody in the top 5 falls to them.

However, if McDuffie, Stingley, Hamilton, Davis, Penning are all available at 14, we will trade down a few spots to grab one of them later.

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
KT and Stingley aren't falling. I feel like from Rossi's top 11 the only ones with a chance to fall are JJ, Cross, and London. I really think the only one going to be available is London and that means trade back. I'm just so sure we don't pick at 14.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
KT and Stingley aren't falling. I feel like from Rossi's top 11 the only ones with a chance to fall are JJ, Cross, and London. I really think the only one going to be available is London and that means trade back. I'm just so sure we don't pick at 14.

honestly i dont think london's making it either tbh
i think if someone's there at this point it's gonna be cross - and i think the ravens may pass on him if he is there (just my gut feeling)

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
honestly i dont think london's making it either tbh
i think if someone's there at this point it's gonna be cross - and i think the ravens may pass on him if he is there (just my gut feeling)
I hear you. I would bet if we do move back, we move back a second time

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I hear you. I would bet if we do move back, we move back a second time

depends how far we go - i think if you can trade back all the way back to the late 20s or early 30s then that's a sweet place to be picking (with likely some significant extra capital)

but yeah if we do a little one back 4-7 picks, i would not be surprised to then see us move back again

if we miss out on the premium guys we want then i think the next sweet spot is gonna be around the 30th pick and if we can acquire extra capital (even if we have to give out a little discount) to help us get there, that would be ideal

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
depends how far we go - i think if you can trade back all the way back to the late 20s or early 30s then that's a sweet place to be picking (with likely some significant extra capital)

but yeah if we do a little one back 4-7 picks, i would not be surprised to then see us move back again

if we miss out on the premium guys we want then i think the next sweet spot is gonna be around the 30th pick and if we can acquire extra capital (even if we have to give out a little discount) to help us get there, that would be ideal
Agreed. I want the Chiefs 2 picks