• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Sandtown late Ravens mock draft

Sandtown

Pro Bowler
I know i’m late but I had to give this a try

First round pick: Jordan Davis DT Georgia

The Ravens haven’t drafted a defensive lineman in the first round since Haloti Ngata in 2006 and I’m not saying Davis is the next Haloti Ngata but the guy definitely is a physical freak like him. He’s shown on tape that he has the ability to get after the quarterback and he just simply helps make inside linebacker and edge rusher jobs easier with his ability to command double teams.

Second round pick: Kyler Gordon CB Washington

He may not be Trent McDuffie but the guy can play and he’s versatile. He’s a bit taller than his teammate Mcduffie with longer arms. He can play on the outside and in the slot as a nickel corner and he’s even been ask at times to cover tight ends

Third round pick: Daniel Faalele OT Minnesota
This guy has been called an Orlando Brown jr clone and when you look at tape you can definitely see it. I think he could be solid depth for The Ravens at offensive tackle position and if Ronnie Stanley able to play this year it will give him more time to adjust and learn b

Third round pick: Alex Wright DE/OLB UAB
There’s no secret that The Ravens defense needs help within the pass rusher department but with Oweh and Bowser both expecting to be ready to play come week one of the season I think it’s best to consider what type of passer The Ravens need and it appears they need that Pernell Mcphee/ Zadarius Smith type pass rusher. That’s what Alex Wright can be for The Ravens which is a player who can rush the passer front the outside and put his hands in the dirt to rush the passer from the inside on obvious passing downs. The guy is also freaking 6’7'' which would add even more size to their defense after drafting Jordan Davis

Fourth round pick: Brian Robinson Jr HB Alabama,
We all know Gus Edwards and JK Dobbins may return to play this year but The Ravens need a capable running back that could potentially hold down the fork while Edwards and Dobbins return to form throughout the season. I think Brian Robinson is the perfect back for the job as he’s a capable pass blocker, can catch passes as a receiver, is coming from a pro style offense, gives the Ravens more size at the running back position, and he may be a big back but he’s definitely plays faster than most guys his size.

Fourth round pick :Chigoziem Okonkwo TE Maryland
If you follow Greg Roman closely you will know that he loves speed at the tight end position and Okonkwo definitely has that. He was used in all sorts of ways in The Maryland Terps offense and his blocking may not be at the level of Eric Tomlinson but he’s definitely a capable blocker. I envision him being able to fill that H back/Hayden Hurst role quite nicely along with add more speed to the tight end position.
Fourth round Pick:Joshua Williams CB Fayette I definitely believe The Ravens will double dip in this year's draft and the cornerback position seems like the prime position . Watching Joshua Willaims on tape he kind of reminds of Jimmy Smith. He movement is so smooth for a guy his size, can press, can play in zone/off man coverage,and seems like a pretty mature guy as well,

Fourth round pick: Justyln Ross, WR Clemson.
After losing Sammy Watkins and releasing Miles Boykin it appears The Ravens still don’t lack talent at the wide receiver position but they do lack one thing and that’s size. Ross was regarded as a first round talent but due to a neck injury and not having the ideal 2021 season he may have wanted it appears his stock has dropped quite a bit but he’s a guy that can possibly be that receiver to make those contested catches and be a red zone threat for Lamar Jackson.

Fourth round pick: Eyioma Uwarurike DT Iowa
I really like this guy tape and he plays with violent hands. I think he is versatile enough to play all over the defensive line and maybe could even be able to lose some weight to play outside linebacker if a team thought that far.Seems like good rotational guy you can add on the field to get after the passer while the coaching staff can work

Sixth round pick: Brock Hoffman C Virginia

Honestly I found out about this guy from Edgar Allen youtube channel and I couldn’t think of a better sixth round pick. The guy could be the next Ryan Jensen for The Ravens.