• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Article Lost's "Post Combine"/Birthday mock

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
Yeah.. A little soon and the combine isn't technically over but I always do a birthday mock... So screw you and your feelings, this is happening.

Free Agency:
Josh Sitton- Older guard who still has a few years left. Still can play at a high level because guards can play forever. Classic Ozzie signing and a massive boost to the oline.

Paul Richardson- An inevitable overpay but one of the better options we can get our hands on. His athleticism is overrated due to that combine of his but he is far more reliable than several of our options and is solid at contested grabs.

Todd Davis- Run defense was an issue. CJ's decline should and could be attributed to an injury. Bowser should turn into the coverage backer we drafted him for, he's got the skills. Davis would be an excellent rotational piece who should not be overly expensive in the slightest and could be able to do something we're lacking: Stop the run.

Draft

TRADE. The Ravens trade the 16th overall pick to the Patriots for their first rounder this year, the 43rd pick in the draft, and their first rounder for next year to take Roquan Smith. A massive boost to their defensive front and a fit like a glove in Bill's defensive scheme.

Round One(31): James Daniels, C, Iowa.
Billy Price's injury is a damn shame. The good news is that Daniels may prove to be an immediate upgrade along the oline at the center position. He needs to get stronger but that's doable. He is the Ronnie Stanley of centers. Technically sound, good athlete, needs to get bigger and stronger. Having him here solidifies the oline. If he could help Wadley, he'd do wonders for Collins. Last time we drafted an Iowa olinemen it worked pretty well, let's do it again.

Round Two(43): Mark Andrews, TE, Oklahoma.
40 time be damned. His three cone was terrible. That said, he's a very good tight end prospect. The good news is that a lot of teams play zone. I do not care if he played in the big 12, not every tight end has the gift he does. He's a good blocker(Matt Miller's best in the class for a reason) and we used Pitta a ton from the slot. Andrews is too big for a slot corner and still too fast and too good a route runner for a linebacker. Getting him here is a steal.

Round Two(original): Deon Cain, WR, Clemson.
Cain does two things that none of our current WRs are capable of. He can catch the ball, and he can get open with smooth route running. Want to talk about a guy here who can attribute his struggles to terrible QB play, Cain is the guy. He's gone under the radar but he is very polished. I would not hate drafting him at all.

Round Three: Akrum Wadley, RB, Iowa
Two Iowa players? Yup. Say what you want about Wadley. The dude is a weapon in the backfield and in the passing game. He needs work in pass pro and needs to get bigger but he's one of the most electric players in the class. Is he a starter? No. But since we are (foolishly) considering cutting Woodhead we need a guy in the backfield who's a threat. Flacco checks the ball down a lot. He always has even going back to 2009. Wadley is an electric weapon on third down the team has been lacking since the legendary female boxer Ray Rice was on the team. Wadley is more than welcome here.

Round Four: Jaleel Scott, WR, New Mexico State
Okay. I had him in my last mock, he's still a sleeper. He could be a valuable red zone target for us that we desperately need.

Round Five: Mike White, QB, Richmond.
Big arm QB backup that can effectively run the playbook. Someone is going to fall here and White is a prime candidate.

And that's all I want to do since I have no time left today. Hope you liked it.

happy bday to me.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
So even with his injury im still taking billy price over james daniels (and im assuming in this scenario that williams, wynn, hernandez are all gone too by this point) - if im honest depending on who'd already gone theres a number of receivers who id probably be happy taking at 31

im moving more towards the opinion of some others on this board that im not the biggest fan of mark andrews and feel like it would be a bit of a reach at 43

i love the rest of that mock though

Somerset Ravens

Pro Bowler
I would like to see Richardson as a Raven. Sitton would be a good stop gap. I am not sure how Daniels would fit into our system, I would prefer Price despite the injury.

Happy Birthday to you Lost. How many years for you?

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
love the trade proposition, hate the first round pick. goddamn we could do better, thats just a shit first round pick imo. id like to know whos available at the time so i can further lambast you for it. also, ive been a big andrews fan but gesicki has shot over him on my board, the combine played a very tiny part but it was mostly just watching more film. taking gesicki over andrews no question. the rest was a slam dunk draft though, id love all of that.

fuck your birthday for that first round pick though.

Edgar

Ravens Ring of Honor
Bowser was drafted as a SAM backer. He's great in coverage but might be a bit out of his element playing the run and in overall play diagnosis.
I'd be surprised if we don't draft at ILB.

I can't see belichik giving up a 2nd rounder and a 1 in 2019.
I like Scott as a prospect and Wadley very much.

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
love the trade proposition, hate the first round pick. goddamn we could do better, thats just a shit first round pick imo. id like to know whos available at the time so i can further lambast you for it. also, ive been a big andrews fan but gesicki has shot over him on my board, the combine played a very tiny part but it was mostly just watching more film. taking gesicki over andrews no question. the rest was a slam dunk draft though, id love all of that.

fuck your birthday for that first round pick though.
I have to disagree with Daniels. He's the Ronnie Stanley of the center position. Technically sound, football IQ off the charts, great athlete for the position.. Needs to get stronger. Scheme versitile. Potential all pro at the position. He ain't flashy, but he's a potential instant upgrade over Jensen. I do agree with the notion that Price is the better prospect just like I thought Tunsil was better than Stanley. Center is the most important position on the offensive line. He is damn good at calling protections and the fact that he's more or less scheme versitile could have him be great.

Sorry dude, unless it's on ST I'll take an all pro. Last time a center was taken at 31 it was lambasted... Well the ironic thing is that he's now the best C in the NFL and probably the best olinemen

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
I wouldn't hate Daniels at all. He's freakishly talented. Not sure he's a great fit in a power scheme but fuck it he's good.

Happy Birthday bro, drink too much.