• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

First Ravens Game?

Biff Tannen

Practice Squad
New to the forum so this may have been discussed before but just curious when was everyone's first time seeing us in person? Mine was back in 2009 when we won at home against the Broncos 30-7. Was a great win because they were undefeated coming in and we were struggling a bit. Flacco and Rice both had good games and we got the W. I was a senior in college at the time and my dad got me and my roommate tickets as an early graduation gift.

It was a great weekend indeed and I was as happy as a kid in a candy store lol. Friday night was spent just chilling at the hotel and Saturday night we went to a couple of bars and had a great meal at Faidley's. Sunday was all about tailgating and loving my first experience seeing us in person. I yelled myself hoarse throughout the game but it was worth it.

How about ya'll?

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
First and foremost welcome to Purple Flock. Were you on any other message boards prior to joining PF?

I'm a former Redskins fan and season ticket holder for 11 seasons before I just got so disgusted with Dan Snyder that I couldn't follow the team anymore. My first Ravens game was September 27, 2015 when we played the Cincinnati Bengals. This was the game where AJ Green had over 220 yards and we scored 17 points the 4th quarter and took a lead only to see it evaporate with a long AJ Green touchdown.

Bengals won that game 28-24.

Biff Tannen

Practice Squad
First and foremost welcome to Purple Flock. Were you on any other message boards prior to joining PF?

I'm a former Redskins fan and season ticket holder for 11 seasons before I just got so disgusted with Dan Snyder that I couldn't follow the team anymore. My first Ravens game was September 27, 2015 when we played the Cincinnati Bengals. This was the game where AJ Green had over 220 yards and we scored 17 points the 4th quarter and took a lead only to see it evaporate with a long AJ Green touchdown.

Bengals won that game 28-24.

Thanks for the welcome pal and nah this is first Ravens board I have been a part of. Member of a couple groups on FB but a lot on there kept on harping on the same things so wanted a change of pace and so landed on PF. Loving it so far!

Yeah I know some friends who were huge Redskins fans and went away from them also(Though most did to the whole changing of the name versus Snyder himself). And yeah Green...hated that guy lol.

Really looking forward to getting back to Baltimore this season; its been way too long!

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Thanks for the welcome pal and nah this is first Ravens board I have been a part of. Member of a couple groups on FB but a lot on there kept on harping on the same things so wanted a change of pace and so landed on PF. Loving it so far!

Yeah I know some friends who were huge Redskins fans and went away from them also(Though most did to the whole changing of the name versus Snyder himself). And yeah Green...hated that guy lol.

Really looking forward to getting back to Baltimore this season; its been way too long!
I stay away from fb Ravens pages as it's as bad as reddit. Even RSR is headed that way. This board has much better discussions and even our Draft section in the offseason is really well laid out and broken down by position.

SepticeyePoe

Hall of Famer
2017 preseason game against the Bills, I think. I don't remember too much of the game itself, but I remember thinking the stadium was cool, the field looks smaller in person, and that I prefer watching games on tv.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
New to the forum so this may have been discussed before but just curious when was everyone's first time seeing us in person? Mine was back in 2009 when we won at home against the Broncos 30-7. Was a great win because they were undefeated coming in and we were struggling a bit. Flacco and Rice both had good games and we got the W. I was a senior in college at the time and my dad got me and my roommate tickets as an early graduation gift.

It was a great weekend indeed and I was as happy as a kid in a candy store lol. Friday night was spent just chilling at the hotel and Saturday night we went to a couple of bars and had a great meal at Faidley's. Sunday was all about tailgating and loving my first experience seeing us in person. I yelled myself hoarse throughout the game but it was worth it.

How about ya'll?

I went to that game too! Senior year, last time I really did anything with my dad

Mainejet

Practice Squad
My first time was a very touching and romantic experience I had with a female coed just 7 days into my first college semester. We drank like fish told each other stupid jokes and one thing led to another....

Oh? You weren't talking about that first time? My apologies.....

My first Jets game was in the late 80's. I got seats just 17 rows back from the 50 yard line. I saw the Jets throttle the Dirty Birds 27-7. Deion Sanders was a rookie that season and he ALMOST picked off Kenny O and took it to the house. If he had caught the ball he had nothing but green in front of him.

I'm glad we got that mix up correctly about what we were talking about lol

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
My first time was a very touching and romantic experience I had with a female coed just 7 days into my first college semester. We drank like fish told each other stupid jokes and one thing led to another....

Oh? You weren't talking about that first time? My apologies.....

My first Jets game was in the late 80's. I got seats just 17 rows back from the 50 yard line. I saw the Jets throttle the Dirty Birds 27-7. Deion Sanders was a rookie that season and he ALMOST picked off Kenny O and took it to the house. If he had caught the ball he had nothing but green in front of him.

I'm glad we got that mix up correctly about what we were talking about lol
now if your first time was at a Ravens game or Jets game for you, than that would be a story worth telling!