• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

On Trolling and Harrassment

Status
Not open for further replies.

29BmoreBird22

Staff Member
Writer
Hey all,

This board has been mostly self regulated, and generally that is totally fine. However, in my short time back from hiatus, I've heard or seen enough complaints to have to say this:

Trolling isn't going to be tolerated and neither is harassment.

Trolling isn't simply having a dissenting opinion. In fact, I personally like dissenting opinions. It offers a different perspective and allows for discussion. It wouldn't be fun if we all jerked off the same narrative.

Trolling is consistently stirring the pot with low effort posts in an effort to elicit a reaction out of someone. You should know exactly what this looks like because I've heard and seen enough about these types of posts.

If you suspect someone is trolling, you have a few options.

1. Use the ignore button. Trolls seek to get a rise out of you. If they aren't, they'll crawl back into their cave eventually. 2. Use the report button. Trolling IS a bannable offense. If trolling is bad enough and consistent enough, members will be banned. 3. Message a moderator to discuss so that we can be aware of the issue.

What you will NOT do is personally attack each other. Again, trolls seek to get a reaction- don't give it to them. Think of personal fouls in football- one player chirps and chirps until the opponent retaliates and the opponent gets a flag. Harassment and personal attacks, like trolling, will get you banned if you do it enough.

I love this board because there are so many intelligent posters with such thoughtful commentary and insight. But what I love the most? The fact that we all love the Ravens. We all want a Super Bowl.

We all want the Ravens to win a Super Bowl, but we may see the best course to the Super Bowl differently. That's totally okay! But consistently baiting and making low effort posts to get a rise is not. Neither is attacking each other.

Please, be respectful and remember that we're all rooting for the same team.

drjohnnyfever

Pro Bowler
This needs to be revisited with Mods doing what they prescribe. You can disagree, but calling people out and being insulting is unacceptable.

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
This board should be about discussing football. Every day it's just a clown fest of people going back and forth acting like children. I'm not even asking for something to happen, just what's wrong with you people? Grow up and stop making this place intolerable

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Hey all,

This board has been mostly self regulated, and generally that is totally fine. However, in my short time back from hiatus, I've heard or seen enough complaints to have to say this:

Trolling isn't going to be tolerated and neither is harassment.

Trolling isn't simply having a dissenting opinion. In fact, I personally like dissenting opinions. It offers a different perspective and allows for discussion. It wouldn't be fun if we all jerked off the same narrative.

Trolling is consistently stirring the pot with low effort posts in an effort to elicit a reaction out of someone. You should know exactly what this looks like because I've heard and seen enough about these types of posts.

If you suspect someone is trolling, you have a few options.

1. Use the ignore button. Trolls seek to get a rise out of you. If they aren't, they'll crawl back into their cave eventually. 2. Use the report button. Trolling IS a bannable offense. If trolling is bad enough and consistent enough, members will be banned. 3. Message a moderator to discuss so that we can be aware of the issue.

What you will NOT do is personally attack each other. Again, trolls seek to get a reaction- don't give it to them. Think of personal fouls in football- one player chirps and chirps until the opponent retaliates and the opponent gets a flag. Harassment and personal attacks, like trolling, will get you banned if you do it enough.

I love this board because there are so many intelligent posters with such thoughtful commentary and insight. But what I love the most? The fact that we all love the Ravens. We all want a Super Bowl.

We all want the Ravens to win a Super Bowl, but we may see the best course to the Super Bowl differently. That's totally okay! But consistently baiting and making low effort posts to get a rise is not. Neither is attacking each other.

Please, be respectful and remember that we're all rooting for the same team.
Exactly. Welcome back, bird

Status
Not open for further replies.