• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The 2022 Potential Coach Replacement Thread.

I'm just done with Harbaugh at this point. His ride has ended here in Baltimore and it's time for him to leave as far as I'm concerned.

So with that said, Sean Payton anyone? I never really thought about this until someone mentioned it in today's post game thread.

If we could keep Lamar, I believe this would be the kinda deal that he would be looking for.

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
I'm just done with Harbaugh at this point. His ride has ended here in Baltimore and it's time for him to leave as far as I'm concerned.

So with that said, Sean Payton anyone? I never really thought about this until someone mentioned it in today's post game thread.

If we could keep Lamar, I believe this would be the kinda deal that he would be looking for.
I will say the same thing I said in that thread: what makes people think Sean Payton is such a good coach? He had one of the greatest QBs of all time and won 1 Super Bowl and otherwise was of middling relevancy in the playoffs for about 15 years. He is basically Mike McCarthy.

Lots of coaches have that kinda talent and dont have many rings or any at all. I just feel like if we sign Lamar, he could do really good things with our offense, since that's his strong suit.

He was experimenting with mobile QBs before he left the Saints too. He's a players coach and likely wouldn't be intimidated by strong personalities like Harbs is.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Harbs has us in contention year in and year out and until Lamar hadn't had an elite QB. Even with historic injuries we were one game away from the playoffs and only had one truly bad season back in 2015 when everyone was injured. I'm not ready to give up on Harbs. Is he perfect, no, but he believes in his players and they believe in him, even the former players believe in him.

If you replace him, you most likely won't have a coach of his quality and leadership. Is it possible, absolutely, but is it probable, not likely.