• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

WILB

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
Next to mosley the options just look downright depressing.

this along with C and Pass rush are my 3 main concerns. I have a feeling we'll have a pass rusher come out of w.henry, tim williams or tyus bowser. At C i think it will be a patch up job with a guard at best being below average in that position BUT the ILB spot next to Mosley just isnt working for me. Kenny Young was a crappy pick. Peanut is what he is and i'm not sold on bam bradely esp after his acl tear.

We havent addressed ILB adequately. Can we make a trade or hope for a cut? Kendricks would have been a good option for a 1 year deal that the browns gave him.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Kendricks would have limited the versatility of this defence by virtue of him being a classic 2 down player

I’m not in love with it but essentially either Kenny young emerges and takes the spot or we role with Peanut as the will which while I’d prefer better doesn’t bother me because he’s basically a dime backer

You could make an argument however that if we’re basically in dime even when we aren’t then why not get the dime package on more often

If no young ILB emerges I think we’re gonna see a lot more of chuck Clark this year (or Anthony Levine)

I’m pretty sure will is the least important position in our defence so if it’s the only unsure element then you’ve got a very strong overall unit

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
Next to mosley the options just look downright depressing.

this along with C and Pass rush are my 3 main concerns. I have a feeling we'll have a pass rusher come out of w.henry, tim williams or tyus bowser. At C i think it will be a patch up job with a guard at best being below average in that position BUT the ILB spot next to Mosley just isnt working for me. Kenny Young was a crappy pick. Peanut is what he is and i'm not sold on bam bradely esp after his acl tear.

We havent addressed ILB adequately. Can we make a trade or hope for a cut? Kendricks would have been a good option for a 1 year deal that the browns gave him.
Mychal Kendricks denies he signed with CLE
7509.jpg

Updating a previous item, LB Mychal Kendricks denies he signed a deal with the Browns.

On Sunday, NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reported Kendricks agreed to join the Browns. "No, it’s not accurate," Kendricks told Chris Tomasson of the St. Paul Pioneer Press. "I don’t know who the (bleep) said that. That (bleep) is (bleep)." Yahoo Sports' Jordan Schultz reports Cleveland remains the favorite, but the two sides have yet to reach a deal.
Source: Chris Tomasson on Twitter
Jun 3 - 7:01 PM

Sandtown

Pro Bowler
Not really concerned about the position. I'm confident that it will play itself out . Maybe Ozzie will have to sign veteran inside linebacker but for the most part I'm not worried about this position at all. Just let the young guys play and see who steps up and if not then we all know what happens.

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
Worst case we can have Bam, McClellan or Peanuts on first and second downs and switch to nickel with Clark and/or Bowser assuming some responsibilities, mainly in coverage.

cdp

Ravens Ring of Honor
I think for this season you'll see heavy rotation. Chris Board seems to be a thumper I hope he pans out. We don't know if Wink runs the same packages because in the past seasons we mostly subbed out a DL.

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
Not a big deal.
Completely agree especially if Bowser turns into the player he should turn into as a coverage backer. So long as this defense doesn’t heavily depend on Za’Darius the team should be fine. I literally have no worries about the defensive side of the ball whatsoever.

Offensive pass catchers don’t drop the ball and Lewis turns out to be a decent center we should be a fucking playoff team again.