• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Announcement Changes Moving Forward

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
Hello all,

Some of you may be wondering why I have this nifty little title of "administrator" under my username.

I am pleased to announce that I have taken the role of Head of Creative Development here at PurpleFlock. I will be working alongside the rest of the PurpleFlock staff to help manage the growth of this community now that were are beyond the infancy stages of this site.

How did this come about, though, you may be asking?

Recently, I decided to express my concerns over the lack of growth of PurpleFlock. It was frustrating to know that we have so many knowledgeable and active members here within the community that bring so much to the table, not just about the Ravens, but about the NFL as a whole, that were not being heard by the rest of the NFL fan-bases. I had a vision for what PurpleFlock could be with the wealth of knowledge that all our members bring to this forum each and every day. I do not believe that this site will simply be the best Baltimore Ravens forum on the internet; with the knowledge of the members here, this could be the best and most popular football forum on the Internet, period.

With all of this in mind, there will be a few changes here to help promote our growth as a community.

We are going to be promoting new moderators to our moderation team. @Edgar will be brought on as a moderator. We are expanding our roles to now include "head moderators." @Truth, @RavensMania, and @rossihunter2 will be promoted to head moderators. Essentially, they will be the ones more focused on enforcing the rules of the website. The other moderators will still have their privileges, but their roles will be expanded in different ways.

PurpleFlock will be enforcing a harsher policy on trolling. We are a community that wants to promote more serious and reasonable discussions. From this point onward, personal attacks and trolling will not be tolerated, period. We will be holding the community to a higher standard. We are all football fans here, and while we may disagree, there is never a reason to attack your football brother or sister.

We want to provide more consistent football content. @Truth, @Edgar, and @29BmoreBird22, and myself will be given the titles of featured creators. As creators, we hope to not only bring simple articles about Ravens football to you, but also podcasts, YouTube breakdowns, fantasy football discussions, and discussions about other teams in the NFL that you should all be aware of as the Ravens fight on toward the Super Bowl.

@Edgar already has a YouTube Channel and we hope that his experience will help us launch our very own PurpleFlock YouTube channel.

We are still working with the team to set up the "PurpleFlock Podcast," but we hope to have this up and running for the community soon. We hope to be able to broadcast from the YouTube channel, and potentially other mediums also, at least twice a week. We will discuss anything from the Baltimore Ravens to fantasy football to draft prospects.

Stay tuned for updates regarding our YouTube channel and PurpleFlock Podcast as we work toward bring community the best possible football experience.

As always, if any of the members of the community have any questions or concerns, or even ideas for how to help promote the growth of PurpleFlock into the Internet's best possible football forum, please do not hesitate to reach out to any of our staff.

Thank you all for making PurpleFlock a better place.

29BmoreBird22

Staff Member
Writer
What do you guys consider to be trolling?
Trolling is pretty fluid and a murky area because think of someone like Sami. I think some people may find him to be a troll, but despite his absurdly pessimistic attitude, he has reasonable discussions and points pertaining to the team and does try to add to the discussion.

On the other hand, we have certain members who come on here and will post a bunch of junk without rhyme or reason for the sole purpose of getting other members worked up and then will go completely off topic solely to get another member mad. We recently had a fine example of this in the Lamar Jackson thread, although I was able to handle that one in a DM, so hopefully it doesn't happen again.

Basically, trolling will be baseless postings that are intended to draw a negative reaction rather than add to a discussion.

An example would be:
"Man Joe sucks. He deserves to be cut. Worst player to ever play on the Ravens. He's so overrated. Dude SUCKS," and then when questioned, just going, "You're so dumb for thinking he's good. Dude sucks."

It should be more like:
"Joe didn't really have his best week out there. I thought he was inaccurate and did not step into his throws at all. He just looked scared out there. He did not look confident and it led to a really poor week. If he keeps this up, the Ravens may have to start thinking about that cap savings."

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Trolling is pretty fluid and a murky area because think of someone like Sami. I think some people may find him to be a troll, but despite his absurdly pessimistic attitude, he has reasonable discussions and points pertaining to the team and does try to add to the discussion.

On the other hand, we have certain members who come on here and will post a bunch of junk without rhyme or reason for the sole purpose of getting other members worked up and then will go completely off topic solely to get another member mad. We recently had a fine example of this in the Lamar Jackson thread, although I was able to handle that one in a DM, so hopefully it doesn't happen again.

Basically, trolling will be baseless postings that are intended to draw a negative reaction rather than add to a discussion.

An example would be:
"Man Joe sucks. He deserves to be cut. Worst player to ever play on the Ravens. He's so overrated. Dude SUCKS," and then when questioned, just going, "You're so dumb for thinking he's good. Dude sucks."

It should be more like:
"Joe didn't really have his best week out there. I thought he was inaccurate and did not step into his throws at all. He just looked scared out there. He did not look confident and it led to a really poor week. If he keeps this up, the Ravens may have to start thinking about that cap savings."
I totally agree. In regards to Sami, I don't mind a differing viewpoint as long as he is trying to make a valid point or prove that it is his opinion and not just to be a troll. Sami has also come around on some viewpoints. He initially hated Humphrey but had a change of heart.

29BmoreBird22

Staff Member
Writer
I totally agree. In regards to Sami, I don't mind a differing viewpoint as long as he is trying to make a valid point or prove that it is his opinion and not just to be a troll. Sami has also come around on some viewpoints. He initially hated Humphrey but had a change of heart.
Like I said, I have zero cares in the world if he hated the Humphrey pick. He can hate it all he wants if he's able to point to film and say, "I hated X, Y, Z," and not just be like, "Humph is a strong safety. You can't change my mind. STRONG SAFETY!"

SepticeyePoe

Hall of Famer

An example would be:

It should be more like:
Gotcha, thanks for clearing that up.

For helping grow the community, I was thinking maybe having someone who could design images to go with posts on social media. I was going through the instagram page for the site, and the pictures posted don't really stand out from other Ravens fan pages. I don't know if this is feasible, or even necessary, but that was my first impression when I looked at the page.

I also think it might help the site's credibility if the authors had a separate account for writing articles. People new to the site might be turned off if they read an article written by some guy named "@Lost_In_Translation" for example (just an example, pls don't ban me).

Just a few thoughts I've had, I don't know if they're anything worthwhile.

29BmoreBird22

Staff Member
Writer

For helping grow the community, I was thinking maybe having someone who could design images to go with posts on social media. I was going through the instagram page for the site, and the pictures posted don't really stand out from other Ravens fan pages. I don't know if this is feasible, or even necessary, but that was my first impression when I looked at the page.

I also think it might help the site's credibility if the authors had a separate account for writing articles. People new to the site might be turned off if they read an article written by some guy named "@Lost_In_Translation" for example (just an example, pls don't ban me).

Any idea is always worth exploring and I definitely appreciate the ideas. We're in talks right now hashing everything out and this will definitely be something we want to explore and discuss.

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer

BAN HAMMER... Nah just kidding.
It's actually an idea we are discussing behind the scenes right now. A bio with a picture above it.

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
Like I said, I have zero cares in the world if he hated the Humphrey pick. He can hate it all he wants if he's able to point to film and say, "I hated X, Y, Z," and not just be like, "Humph is a strong safety. You can't change my mind. STRONG SAFETY!"
Or at least if you want him to be a strong safety, at least justify it lol. Provide facts

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
Boy, I was on the draft Humphrey train since January. There was no justifying a move to safety. My boy was a corner.
You mean is. lol.
I'm okay with admitting that I'm wrong lol. You never grow as a person if you can never admit as such.

Jimmy comes back we might be impossible to throw against.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Lol, I always loved the pick.

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
This is just a reminder. Trolling will not be tolerated AT ALL in this community. We are trying to maintain a professional demeanor.

Jones05

Practice Squad
I think we need to think O'line obviously in the next draft. As it stands right now even Cleveland looks sharper than we do so we could be looking at being last in our division and we are the weakest division. We have such a great chance with the Squelers floundering but we will not be able to take advantage as long as Flacco is not able to be set in a soft pocket.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
I think we need to think O'line obviously in the next draft. As it stands right now even Cleveland looks sharper than we do so we could be looking at being last in our division and we are the weakest division. We have such a great chance with the Squelers floundering but we will not be able to take advantage as long as Flacco is not able to be set in a soft pocket.
You'd want to post that in the O line thread. This one's not about the football.