• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Fashionably Late

Truth

Staff Member
Administrator
With the Draft around the corner, I thought I'd make a thread that niches down to the end of the end game. The sleepers, the sliders. The Day 3 flyers and future UDFAs you're so confident in, you wonder if you're crazy. This is the place for that fever dream. Have at it.

Truth

Staff Member
Administrator
Figured I'd get the list out just before Day 3. This post will be updated throughout the next week. It will be sorted by whom was drafted lowest to highest, in favor of the biggest on-paper outside chances.

Out of the prospects ranging from least known, one of my favorite UDFA bound linebackers in Ezekiel Noa from Boise State. There is an injury history to consider, including missed games in 2022 and a torn ACL in 2019. He's also slightly undersized at 5'11. But that's a shade under T.J. Edwards. Noa also has sturdy frame, and his ability to strafe into prime cut-off angles while aggressively filling lanes is borderline outstanding. He's also capable in coverage and is quick to diagnose, so he could find snaps at MIKE or WILL, where he can capitalize after the high-hat, low-hat reads. In a class that has questions in its depth, Noa could be a pleasant surprise.

At defense end, Marcus Cushnie from UMass is another relatively unknown. Easy to lose sight of in what was an abysmal season for the program, Cushnie was one of the few bright spots on the year, continuously flashing his double swipe on both outside and inside rushes, and he also had a forceful knockback in the running game. There's a decent chance he goes undrafted with the depth of this pass rushing class, so who knows if he gets an opportunity. But considering how well he fared against true pass blocking sets, there should be a place for him on a roster.

Then there are:

DT Desjuan Johnson from Toledo

OG Sidy Sow from Eastern Michigan

OG Chandler Zavala from N.C. State

DE Eku Leota from Auburn

TE Brayden Willis from Oklahoma

WR C.J. Johnson from East Carolina

TE/FB Hunter Luepke from North Dakota

CB Myles Brooks from LA Tech

CB Anthony Johnson from Virginia

S Ronnie Hickman Jr. from Ohio State

RB Deuce Vaughn from Kansas State

RB Deonta McMahon from San Jose State

DT Devonnsha Maxwell from Chattanooga

DE Malik Hamm from Lafayette

DE Titus Leo from Wagner

LB Mikel Jones from Syracuse

WR Nikko Remigio from Fresno State

S Kaevon Merriweather from Iowa

WR Xavier Smith from Florida A&M

C Jarrett Patterson from Notre Dame

OG Caleb Chandler Louisville

MLB Ryan Smenda from Wake Forest

DL Dante Stills from West Virginia

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
C.J. Johnson is massive and he plays with a ton of attitude.