• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Chuck Clark feared to be lost for season....

Mainejet

Practice Squad
Jets signed Adrian Amos from Packers to a 1 year deal last night. I had like two hours of euphoria believing the Jets escaped OTA's with no injuries and the Jets were just adding to a little less than ideal Safety room. Now, the news comes apparently that Clark is feared to be lost for the season with a torn ACL. Apparently, this occurred in OTA's and no one noticed. In a season where the Jets have championship aspirations they can't get a fucking break. Last season went into the shitter after so many injuries on the OL and horrid QB play. Well, the Jets OL, when healthy, is an above average unit. JD went about fortifying it by drafting Warren from Pitt and signed Tristin Colon, Wes Schweitzer, and Billy Turner in free agency. Add in the acquisition of one of the 3 best QB's to have ever played and the Jets certainly anticipate playing well into the playoffs. Now more injuries before we even reach camp no fucking less. I swear the NJ is an injury HELL...

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
we understand what injuries can do to a season. 2022 would have been huge for us and it basically took us a season and a half to get over the injuries that happened right after the last preseason game and two years to get over the Stanley injury from 2021.

Mainejet

Practice Squad
lmao, you really haven't paid much attention to Clark.

@Deebo813
Well, how much attention was I supposed to be paying? Is there a correct amount? I never knew he existed until last season when there was speculation the Jets would trade for him. After you guys drafted the kid from Notre Dame he was relegated to bench duty and if he isn't playing you can't pay very much attention to him. I was excited when they traded for him because I think he's an upgrade over LaMarcus Joyner. There aren't many different ways you can get better on the 4th overall defense....

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Well, how much attention was I supposed to be paying? Is there a correct amount? I never knew he existed until last season when there was speculation the Jets would trade for him. After you guys drafted the kid from Notre Dame he was relegated to bench duty and if he isn't playing you can't pay very much attention to him. I was excited when they traded for him because I think he's an upgrade over LaMarcus Joyner. There aren't many different ways you can get better on the 4th overall defense....
clark is a decent heady player but he's not anymore than that. Kyle Hamilton is elite and showed that last year, just needed a bit of a transition and it didn't take long.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator

There could be a ray of hope for Chuck Clark to impact the Jets defense. The Jets are going to make the playoffs. That's a no Brainerd, so if Clark has come along enough they could activate him for the postseason.
that would be great and I'm always going to wish Clark the best, but lets not put his career in jeopardy either. It takes 9 months to a year on most ACL tears and that's if they only tear the ACL, plus as a cb they have to be comfortable cutting.

That being said, Adrian Amos provides more positional flexibility than Clark and I'd prefer him over Clark.

Mainejet

Practice Squad
clark is a decent heady player but he's not anymore than that. Kyle Hamilton is elite and showed that last year, just needed a bit of a transition and it didn't take long.
Agreed. Hamilton was the guy that I wanted Joe Douglas to take at #4 overall. I think he's that good. That was an excellent choice by ED. I still think the Jets will take a Safety high in the draft at some point. Joe Douglas drafted Ashton Davis back in 2020 but Davis has been a straight up BUST....

Mainejet

Practice Squad
that would be great and I'm always going to wish Clark the best, but lets not put his career in jeopardy either. It takes 9 months to a year on most ACL tears and that's if they only tear the ACL, plus as a cb they have to be comfortable cutting.

That being said, Adrian Amos provides more positional flexibility than Clark and I'd prefer him over Clark.
When the news came out about Adrian Amos I thought it meant Chuck Clark and Jordan Whitehead would platoon at SS and Whitehead would part time as a hybrid linebacker at times. I thought that because I do believe Amos is more rangy than Whitehead and Clark and would fit the FS role better. Now that Clark is gone. Whitehead will need to be full time at SS. Honestly, if Clark is out for the season, and no one knows yet, but if he is, I wish JD would go out and sign another Safety. The Jets safety room just isn't very impressive. It's a weak area on an otherwise excellent defense....

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator

Sources: Tests show torn ACL for Jets safety Chuck Clark​

Well, i guess there's still hope he could potentially be activated for the playoffs?
less than a glimmer, but I wish Clark the best.

Mainejet

Practice Squad
It sucks he's not going to be a part of this season. This is going to be a very memorable season for Jets nation.....