• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Week 12 Oakland Raiders @ Baltimore Ravens

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cleveland or Atlanta aren’t going to be easy wins
There are no guaranteed easy wins in the NFL. Some may turn out that way, but you can't count on them in advance. But, if we beat those teams and lose to KC and LAC, then the narrative will still be that we can only beat bad teams (which is initial comment I was responding to).

Likewise, I don't know that Indy playing JAX and TEN on the road will be easy games either. Unless you're a juggernaut - you can't look at your schedule, see any game and say "there's a guaranteed win".

O

OriolesMagicPlease

You can probably imagine that I went absolutely crazy on that play. Spilled my drink all over my pants! LOL.

But I have a serious question for all of you who post during the game. Why do you do it? It doesn't take away from the experience? I just can't imagine being so into the games and posting at the same time. Just curious.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
You can probably imagine that I went absolutely crazy on that play. Spilled my drink all over my pants! LOL.

But I have a serious question for all of you who post during the game. Why do you do it? It doesn't take away from the experience? I just can't imagine being so into the games and posting at the same time. Just curious.

i normally post series by series - i hate ads lol

rossihunter2

Staff Member
So you are posting during the commercials, not the actual game? That makes sense.

sometimes after a big play or a change of possession ill flip here - i mean its just a separate tab on my computer so its not like i miss anything when i switch between

in fact the main reason i try and go series by series is because often people on the boards (being in the US and having tvs that show the games) are normally ahead of whatever stream im watching by a few seconds so if i checked the board all the time id literally be spoilt on the outcome of like 80% of all the plays lol

O

OriolesMagicPlease

sometimes after a big play or a change of possession ill flip here - i mean its just a separate tab on my computer so its not like i miss anything when i switch between

in fact the main reason i try and go series by series is because often people on the boards (being in the US and having tvs that show the games) are normally ahead of whatever stream im watching by a few seconds so if i checked the board all the time id literally be spoilt on the outcome of like 80% of all the plays lol

Lmao that is funny. Ahh, you are watching online outside the U.S., okay I get that. Thank you for answering!

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor

It definitely does take away from the experience - if I post during the game it’s during commercial like @rossihunter2 said.

I also watch on streams so I can’t look at it while the games playing but I don’t like to post anyway because you’re inherently missing plays and not focusing when you’re posting at the same time.

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor

I mean there are 40 seconds between plays and when I am home I can both be at my PC and watch TV at the same time. Though there is something to say about how more people post the worse the game goes possibly because they don't want to pay attention to the game

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I mean there are 40 seconds between plays and when I am home I can both be at my PC and watch TV at the same time. Though there is something to say about how more people post the worse the game goes possibly because they don't want to pay attention to the game

or because they need to vent lol
or because the playcalling is so predictable you dont need to see the play to know that joe handed it off on 1st down to alex collins for 1 yard up the middle...

O

OriolesMagicPlease

Yes, I pretty much do the same thing, but some commercials are pretty good
It definitely does take away from the experience - if I post during the game it’s during commercial like @rossihunter2 said.

I also watch on streams so I can’t look at it while the games playing but I don’t like to post anyway because you’re inherently missing plays and not focusing when you’re posting at the same time.

I just can't imagine being in a room with other people and interacting with them and then taking the time to post, lol. But that's just me.

Thanks for answering.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I just can't imagine being in a room with other people and interacting with them and then taking the time to post, lol. But that's just me.

Thanks for answering.
I agree, I wouldn’t do that when I was with other people, but most of my friends are skins fans and I don’t watch the game with them.

O

OriolesMagicPlease

I agree, I wouldn’t do that when I was with other people, but most of my friends are skins fans and I don’t watch the game with them.

Now that makes a lot more sense. The game time atmosphere is pretty intense/wild where I am because I'm having fun with people who are cheering for the same team, lol.

rossihunter2

Staff Member

Thanks for answering.

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.