• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Announcement PurpleFlock Updates!

supertolerator

Staff Member
Administrator
Hello, PurpleFlock Members and Ravens fans! After a lot of hours spent working on this board, we are nearing an almost complete and fully usable version of the forums! There are of course still some things that need to be done, and that can never truly be completed. I will get to those later in this post.

First off, I'd like to thank all of our current members who have signed up and dedicated time out of their day to post and spend some time on PurpleFlock. Without you all, we wouldn't be here right now.

Anyway, probably one of the biggest topics that I will address in this post is the possible merger between Bold's board and PurpleFlock. For the past week or so, Bold and I have been talking about the merger and how certain things will take place, what is required, etc. There is now a really good chance that this will take place! If this does happen, there will be two big awesome changes. First, we would gain a good number of new members, and second, Bold would join PurpleFlock as an administrator. I think that this could be very beneficial to the future of the Ravens community that the old board had once held. I will be posting more updates on info about the merger in the future, so be sure to look out for that.

The second thing that I want to talk about is the changes made to the board since the last announcement post was made. We have added some new features such as the ability to earn medals that are viewable on your profile and by any post you make. There are currently only four medals, and not all can be currently earned, but there will definitely be more of them added in the future. We have also done a lot of backend work. If you read the last post in the PurpleFlock Announcements section, we have moved to a more reliable host. I now have more control over the server, and can promise that there will be little to no downtime in the future! Not only that, but we have finally implemented a set of community guidelines that are essential for users to follow in order to have the best time here on PurpleFlock. You can view them here; https://purpleflock.com/pages/forum-guidelines. There are a few more things to be added to the guidelines, and I will address them later in this post as well. If there is anything that you feel should be added to the guidelines, feel free to post a thread in the feedback section letting us know what you think should be added, changed, or removed.

Third, I am excited to announce that we are accepting writers from the community to write up articles to have posted in the News section on the forums! So far, @29BmoreBird22 is our only writer and is currently doing a great job. He has already written an article and it turned out great. If you would like to become a writer for PurpleFlock, do not hesitate to shoot me a PM or email [email protected]. We would love to see what you have to offer!

Unfortunately, running a message board is not free. As you all have probably noticed, there are now ads running on the site. This is to ensure that the forums will stay up for as long as possible with no shortage of revenue to pay for its assets. Not only are we running Google Ads, but there are a few other things we are doing in order to ensure the future financial stability and the possibility of growth through the advertising of PurpleFlock. First, we are offering some user upgrades that members can purchase. This supports PurpleFlock, and in return, the buyer gets some perks and features not available to normal members. However, these features are purely cosmetic and do not affect the way these upgraded users can use the forums. One of the biggest aspects of some of these upgrades is having Google Ads hidden. You can view all available upgrades here; https://purpleflock.com/account/upgrades. The last thing we have implemented to generate site revenue is an advertisement manager that users can use to display their own advertisements. We are selling affordable ad spaces in the sidebar on certain pages to users who have a business or service that they would like to advertise. These ads are displayed to hundreds of users per day and thousands of users per month. You can view pricing and availability of these ad spaces here; https://purpleflock.com/advertising/.

The PurpleFlock Forums are finally nearing completion, however, there are still a few more things that need to be done. One of the biggest being the implementation of a light theme for users that prefer a light style over a dark one. I have waited to implement this because I figured it would be easier to finish styling and editing the current theme, then just changing up the colors once everything is in place. The light theme should now be complete by the end of the coming weekend. Something else that still needs to be done is the clarification on how many warnings a user gets when breaking a rule before getting suspended or banned entirely off of the forums. @purplepittabread88 and I will come up with a fair system to use for this, and we will add that information to the current Forum Guidelines page for all to see and reference to. Lastly, there will always be changes that need to be made. A project can never be truly complete. We will continue to implement cool features to enhance the way you use and interact with the forums, as well as listen to and build upon your suggestions and feedback, which are more than welcome.

With that being said, I think that is going to be the end of this post. Expect something cool when we hit 100 members, and don't forget to share PurpleFlock with your friends and through your social media accounts.

You can follow us on Twitter at; https://twitter.com/purpleflocknews
If you have any questions, concerns, or feedback, be sure to post it in the Feedback section or you can contact us by using the "Contact Us" link at the bottom of the page.

Thanks again for all of your continued support and we can't wait to continue to provide you with a safe and entertaining place to interact and communicate with your fellow Ravens fans.