• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The 2024 Offseason Thread

QtR Nevermore

Pro Bowler
I don’t think nfl players have anything like direct deposit, paper checks might be the simplest way to avoid paying fees for electronic transfers.
This got me googling (a little), and it seems like American banks are quite behind the times, for some reason, which also explains the payment apps etc.

I suppose every country has its little quirks. You've got shit banks and we've got a hereditary family of paedophile royals swallowing hundreds of millions every year.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
This got me googling (a little), and it seems like American banks are quite behind the times, for some reason, which also explains the payment apps etc.

I suppose every country has its little quirks. You've got shit banks and we've got a hereditary family of paedophile royals swallowing hundreds of millions every year.
Nah the US isn’t behind the times, they’re the most advanced country on earth when it comes to banks and corporations nickel and diming citizens to death

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
So they actually recieve cheques (sorry, checks in American)? Isn't that incredibly old-fashioned for a huge org. like the Ravens?

I'm not sure I've even seen a check in 15 years - I've certainly not had a check book since my first and only in the mid-90s.
I know that’s one concerning point but I have a different one: how did his accountant not notice a significant difference in deposits versus income? One of my friends is an accountant and they do my taxes/end year money adjustments, and a couple years ago he noticed I was short 3k on deposits versus what I should be (I had forgotten to deposit a check from a contract I took and it was in my drawer). How can he notice that but a check for 50-100x that can go unnoticed?

QtR Nevermore

Pro Bowler
I know that’s one concerning point but I have a different one: how did his accountant not notice a significant difference in deposits versus income? One of my friends is an accountant and they do my taxes/end year money adjustments, and a couple years ago he noticed I was short 3k on deposits versus what I should be (I had forgotten to deposit a check from a contract I took and it was in my drawer). How can he notice that but a check for 50-100x that can go unnoticed?
Because the end of the season comes before tax time so, by the time an accountant got involved, there was no discrepancy to notice, perhaps?

That's not per real Rapaport. Parody account.

Good catch. Just looked into it. It’s indeed fake news

So that ends that dream - not that I ever really believed we were going to get the top Safety on the market.

Dream is still alive. But I agree we may not be interested at his price point and I can see EDC slow playing the safety market due to the saturation that still exists there

JAAM

Hall of Famer
Chiefs PR team is doing some overtime this offseason.

I will never understand why professional athletes pull this shit. Idiots

Truth

Staff Member
Administrator
Wanya Morris at 4 P.M.

Wanya Morris at 4 P.M..JPG

Wanya Morris at 7 P.M.

Wanya Morris at 7 P.M..JPG

My boy is out here speedrunning. Folded under the first glimpse of pressure.

drjohnnyfever

Pro Bowler
p

pull what? All they did was try to get high majority of nfl does it, they just ended up getting caught
It's the getting caught part that makes them numbskulls. Of course pot is legal nearly everywhere, so it's probably not anything serious - even with NFL discipline, but we don't know how much or the circumstances. If they were just passing a jay that's one thing, but still - do it where it isn't going to get you into trouble and jeopardize your golden goose.

JAAM

Hall of Famer
p

pull what? All they did was try to get high majority of nfl does it, they just ended up getting caught
I’d rather just pay to have someone transport it for me is what I’m trying to get at lol

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
Chiefs PR team is doing some overtime this offseason.

p

Honestly didn’t know you could still get arrested for this. I assumed every state was recreational or like florida where you pay a doctor $200 to say you have anxiety and they give you the card.