• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

My full round one 32 pick Mock Draft with Analysis

bronx2003

Practice Squad
Here is my full round one mock draft. Some picks will be controversial but its just my personal preferences, any questions or comments are greatly appreciated. I am a Broncos fan new to the forum, the forum looks great so kudos ^_^

1 - Chicago Bears - CALEB WILLIAMS, QB - USC

No brainer. Best QB in the draft.

2 - Washington Commanders - JAYDEN DANIELS, QB - LSU

No brainer. 2nd best QB in the draft.

3 - New England Patriots - BO NIX, QB - OREGON

This is where it gets interesting. I am not a big Drake Maye fan, especially this high. They could take arguably the best player in the draft in Harrison Jnr and it would be a safer pick then Bo Nix, but to get anywhere in the league you need a QB and how often do you get a chance to pick in the top 3. I think they take a chance in NE. Alot of people will see this as a big reach but I've been on the Nix bandwagon for a long time, and I was interested to hear Chris Simms today really high on him and sounding like he is his number 3 QB too.

4 - Arizona Cardinals - MARVIN HARRISON JNR, WR - OHIO STATE

The best player falls to them, easy pick. Give Murray a stud receiver.

5 - Los Angeles Chargers - JOE ALT, OT - NOTRE DAME

I was tempted to give them Nabers who could blow the top off on this offense and would be deadly, but the OL was bad last season and they need to protect Herbert and give the running backs some room as well. Alt and Slater would be a great pair of young bookend tackles.

6 - New York Giants - ROME ODUNZE, WR - WASHINGTON

They could go a few different ways. A QB is tempting as I don't believe in Jones but I don't like Maye or JJ at 6. The OL is bad every year but I see Odunze as too good to turn down, I don't think he is far behind Harrison Jnr and could be a stud, he gives NY a true number 1 for the first time in a long time, and maybe gives Jones one final chance to ball out.

7 - Tennessee Titans - OLUMUYIWA FASHANU, OT - PENN STATE

Some good receivers left and they need to address the corner and receiver position but Levis got hit way too much last year and the OL is terrible. To give him a chance take the top OT left.

8 - Atlanta Falcons - MALIK NABERS, WR - LSU

Is Ridder the answer ? Probably not, but I love the thought of loading the offense with Bijan Robinson, Kyle Pitts, and now Nabers. Whether its Ridder or someone else they will walk into one of the most loaded offenses in the league. If they could sign Cousins and draft Nabers this team could be one to watch. They might end up with Fields but he will cost ALOT in draft capital.

9 - Chicago Bears - BRIAN THOMAS JNR, WR - LSU

I always love pairing an exciting young QB with a top young receiver. Thomas Jnr would make an excellent 1-2 with DJ Moore going forward.

10 - New York Jets - DRAKE MAYE, QB - NORTH CAROLINA

I would love to give Rodgers a weapon here but the receivers have gone. Bowers is an option but for a team that has struggled for decades finding a QB how good would it be to have AR for 2-3 years with a talent like Maye sitting and learning, and ready to step in whenever AR hangs it up. The Jets could be set at this position for YEARS. Like I said I'm not a big Maye fan but I see the potential and think 10 is a decent spot for Maye.

11 - Minnesota Vikings - DALLAS TURNER, OLB - ALABAMA

This team needs a ton of help and could go in numerous positions. DeJean at corner could be an option but they also need pass rush help and Turner is great value at 11, offers pass rush but is good playing the run too, and can play on and off the ball in various positions. He is 21 and has size and speed and just killed it at the combine, this pick could end up being a steal in 2-3 years.

12 - Denver Broncos - TROY FAUTANU, OL - WASHINGTON

I would be kinda bummed if the draft played out like this because I really want Bo Nix ! but looking at the options left we could go corner, we could grab Bowers here which would be decent value, but we struggle on the OL every single year so grabbing a top tier talent like Fautanu would be exciting and could be a massive plus for the offense, whoever is behind center. I love the fact he plays with intensity and would give us some much missed nastiness. He is also a versatile lineman that could move around the OL. Oh, and I really don't want JJ !

13 - Las Vegas Raiders - TALIESE FUAGA, OT - OREGON STATE

Another team who have a bad OL and desperately need help in this area. Fuaga is the best OL available and brings that Raiders toughness.

14 - New Orleans Saints - LAIATU LATU, OLB - UCLA

The Saints need a pass rush in the worst possible way. I expect them to target this in FA but Latu would be a great pick for them, ranking first in the FBS in pressures and picked up 10.5 sacks. He has the ability to disrupt offenses and is exactly the sort of player the Saints need to add.

15 - Indianapolis Colts - TERRION ARNOLD, CB - ALABAMA

The Colts need help in the backfield and have their choice of the best corner or safety available. People will have these 3 - DeJean, Wiggins, Arnold - in various orders but for me I like Arnold as the top corner in this years draft. He has size, speed, great hips, and balled out in college.

16 - Seattle Seahawks - BROCK BOWERS, TE - GEORGIA

I love Metcalf and Lockett but Seattle need to add more playmakers to make some noise in the NFC. Adding Bowers gives them another weapon and suddenly makes them a dangerous opponent. Getting Bowers at 16 is also terrific value IMO.

17 - Jacksonville Jaguars - COOPER DEJEAN, CB - IOWA

The Jags could go in a few different directions. They need playmakers on offense but the value isn't there, they need help in the defensive backfield and to add to the pass rush (especially if Josh Allen leaves). I think the need and the value matches best at the corner position. DeJean had a great 2022 season nabbing 5 picks (3 returned for TD's) and playing at a consistent high level, his 2023 season ended early with injury but I like him here for the Jags.

18 - Cincinnati Bengals - JC LATHAM, OT - ALABAMA

The Bengals OL has struggled the last 2 seasons and with a stud like Burrow they have to address it. I like Latham, he is raw and inconsistent but the talent is there. He is an absolute mountain at 6-6, 360 but has good feet and plays with toughness.

19 - Los Angeles Rams - MICHAEL PENIX JNR, QB - WASHINGTON

Stafford is 36 so who knows how long he has left. Even if he plays for another 2 years that gives Penix time to sit and learn behind a great pro. I'm torn on Penix, I'm not his biggest fan and he struggled with some throws at the combine which worry me. I'm not convinced he is a round one QB but his 2023 film is very impressive and I have heard that his leadership is great as well so he has the potential and could be a classic boom or bust pick. I think 19 is a fair spot for Penix.

20 - Pittsburgh Steelers - NATE WIGGINS, CB - CLEMSON

Its no secret that the Steelers have been looking at 2 glaring needs this offseason, OL and CB. Wiggins would be a great addition to the D. He is a long rangy corner who had a lockdown season despite being on a poor D at Clemson.

21 - Miami Dolphins - TYLER GUYTON, OT - OKLAHOMA

Miami were an exciting team last season and looked like they could challenge for the AFC crown, but ultimately injuries destroyed them. I think the OL needs an injection of talent and I really like Guyton, it wouldn't surprise me if he goes higher then this. He has the size at 6-7 and aggression along with surprising agility and the ability to get to the second level and didn't allow a sack last season.

22 - Philadelphia Eagles - EDGERRIN COOPER, LB - TEXAS A & M

The Eagles need help on D and an injection of youth, particularly in the front 7 where Brandon Graham is not expected back and Reddick is in the last year of his contract. Cooper had a terrific season in Texas and ended up with 17 TFLs, 8 sacks and 2 FF's. Cooper is a big and physical LB who uses his rangy arms to make plays and can play on or off the ball. Another player who could go higher then this on draft day.

23 - Houston Texans - DARIUS ROBINSON, DE - MISSOURI

This was the team of last season. Exciting to watch and they have found a terrific QB and playmakers on offense. I feel they need to upgrade the D this offseason in FA and the draft. There are a few DL out of contract (Rankins, Barnett, Hughes, and Greenard) and I just love the idea of adding another beast to play opposite Anderson and terrorize offenses for years to come.

24 - Dallas Cowboys - JONATHON BROOKS, RB - TEXAS

The first RB off the board goes to Dallas at 24. I don't think this team has a ton of needs but they MUST run the ball consistently to win in the playoffs. Pollard is OK but they could improve on him and he is out of contract anyway. I think Brooks fits the Dallas offense perfectly with his ability to get open out of the backfield and has great hands.

25 - Green Bay Packers - TYLER NUBIN, S - MINNESOTA

Safety is a glaring need in GB and Savage continues to disappoint. Tyler Nubin is easily the best in this draft and although this might be seen as a slight reach he is a great athlete with good ball skills and fills a big need.

26 - Tampa Bay Buccaneers - KEON COLEMAN, WR - FLORIDA STATE

The Bucs could go in a few different directions here including OL and pass rusher but it sounds like Mike Evans is out the door and if they want to continue helping Mayfield then they need to replace him. I see Coleman as the best option here, he is a big receiver who has the speed to stretch the field. Coleman is raw and has a limited route tree but is an exciting prospect. He reminds me a lot of Evans although isn't on the same level as he was coming out of college.

27 - Arizona Cardinals - 'CHOP' ROBINSON, DL / LB - PENN STATE

The Cards are in a great position this draft, 3 picks in the top 35 and having already landed Harrison Jnr they turn their attention to the D. A powerful front 7 player with tools but a lack of production drops him to the end of round 1.

28 - Buffalo Bills - LADD MCCONKEY, WR - GEORGIA

I really wanted to give the Bills and Josh Allen a WR here given the struggles of Diggs and Davis. The D had its troubles but get a ton of players back from injury. McConkey profiles as a slot receiver but has great quickness and knows how to find the open hole in the zone. He will be an excellent chain mover with Josh Allen.

29 - Detroit Lions - QUINYON MITCHELL, CB - TOLEDO

This is a perfect example of talent and need falling to you. Detroit have a glaring need at CB and Mitchell could easily go higher then this after impressing at senior bowl practices.

30 - Baltimore Ravens - JARED VERSE, DE / LB - FLORIDA STATE

Verse is a classic Raven player. Physical, hard nosed, tough prospect who is stout against the run and has power and speed coming off the edge. He has terrific potential to be a really good player in the league but drops to 30 due to inconsistency from game to game. He is the sort of player who would be important to interview and get to know why he goes missing at times.

31 - San Francisco 49ers - JJ MCCARTHY, QB - MICHIGAN

I expect JJ will go higher then this but I have dropped him to 31 because I'm not a great believer that he will be a good starter in this league. I do think he would be a great pick for the 49ers though. JJ is exactly the type of system QB who is excellent at processing information, that Shanahan loves, he is very Purdy like. He would also give Purdy competition and continue to push him to be the best he can be and gives the 49ers options when Purdy is due his pay day. If JJ impresses in SF in practice then the 49ers might be happy to let Purdy walk if he wants a contract they are not willing to give.

32 - Kansas City Chiefs - TROY FRANKLIN, WR - OREGON

This team doesn't have many needs but outside of Rice the receiving corps looked poor last season. I expect Chris Jones to be back otherwise they could look to replace him. Franklin has good ball skills and knows how to get open but he is a BURNER. He runs a 4.35 and on this offense its like adding a young Tyreek Hill (in terms of speed).

bronx2003

Practice Squad
You might be right with JJ and Nix, I'm just not a JJ fan and have been high on Nix all season. I was interested to hear Chris Simms at the combine saying he was really impressed with Nix's tape and thinks he is flying under the radar. Anyone taking JJ over Nix is making a huge mistake IMO. I hope its not my Broncos ! lol ........... A lot of mocks have Maye going to the Pats at 3, I guarantee he will fall in the draft. 3 is way too high for him IMO.

Regarding the others -

I can see Mitchell falling into the 20's somewhere. I probably have Verse too low.

I'm no fan of Penix but I heard at the combine that some teams love him and some won't draft him at all and it only takes one team to pull the trigger. Penix is one of those players who could go anywhere from top 10 to out of round 1.

I think Brooks is the best RB in the draft, and it depends how his medical goes, but he will probably end up in the top 10 picks of round 2......... although Bijan Robinson went 8th overall so who knows.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
You might be right with JJ and Nix, I'm just not a JJ fan and have been high on Nix all season. I was interested to hear Chris Simms at the combine saying he was really impressed with Nix's tape and thinks he is flying under the radar. Anyone taking JJ over Nix is making a huge mistake IMO. I hope its not my Broncos ! lol ........... A lot of mocks have Maye going to the Pats at 3, I guarantee he will fall in the draft. 3 is way too high for him IMO.

Regarding the others -

I can see Mitchell falling into the 20's somewhere. I probably have Verse too low.

I'm no fan of Penix but I heard at the combine that some teams love him and some won't draft him at all and it only takes one team to pull the trigger. Penix is one of those players who could go anywhere from top 10 to out of round 1.

I think Brooks is the best RB in the draft, and it depends how his medical goes, but he will probably end up in the top 10 picks of round 2......... although Bijan Robinson went 8th overall so who knows.

i dont like mccarthy either
but he's going top 15 regardless

i also dont like nix much tbh or penix

maye's not making it out of the top 3

brooks is probably the best RB in the draft, but he's barely a 1st round grade type back (if he is at all) even if he does have a clean bill of health - no point comparing him to bijan who was a generational prospect at RB

bronx2003

Practice Squad
Yea Bijan was on another level, and your right Brooks will probably go in the second round.

I think your be surprised with Maye though.

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
Falcons with playmakers like Nabers, London, Pitts, and Bijan... Jesus. That's freaking stacked.

If I see Quinyon Mitchell falling anywhere close to us, I would be screaming at my TV for EDC to make a move to go nab him. If he gets picked at 29, imma be on full tilt.