1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome Guest, thanks for stopping by. Be sure to sign up if you haven't already done so!
    Dismiss Notice

Updated suggestions and Changes

Discussion in 'PurpleFlock' started by Lost_In_Translation, Dec 6, 2018.

1. Lost_In_Translation

Lost_In_Translation Staff Member Administrator Writer Suspended

This is coming straight from the heart. Whether you agree with me or not, this is the state of the board, and I have to agree with @Grim. It's getting to be too much. For starters. I do not care if this gets me suspended or if any of you hate me for this. I don't care if I am banned. I have better things to do with my life. But this has been a problem and everyone needs to tone it the [profanity deleted] down. Too much hostility and we are all on the same team.

Sure, I'm a passionate fan and I am guilty of it too, but still. We are all fans of the same team, and we have all started to start needlessly shitting on each other. Part of it is my fault, moderation has been a little too lenient at some points, and too aggressive at some points. Some of us, again myself included, take everything personally. Others are too sensitive over something over the internet. There's obvious problems and I've done my best to mitigate them, but this is fanbase cannibalism. And some of us are far more guilty of it than others. I am not going to call any of us out, we all know who we are though. Notice the we, I am guilty of this too. But a lot of us are a hell of a lot more concerned with being right than being a ravens fan. Some of us are obsessed with defending some sort of moral narrative. Some of us have giant egos that refused to be quelled. I don't think of most of you in a lower regard but this shit needs to stop. For all the accusations of me patronizing everyone, a lot of you do it more than most people. I would like to think that we, as a fanbase are better than this, but still..

@Grim is absolutely right. This needs to stop or else the place can never grow. Can we all please make an effort to be more civil to one another? We're all ravens fans here.

• Like Like x 5
  2. Severe lack of intellectual humility. A little of that goes a long way.

• Like Like x 3
  3. allblackraven

allblackraven Ravens Ring of Honor

As long as clear insults are avoided, I don't see anything wrong with arguing Flacco/Lamar or any other team related issue.
    We can't all think the same and if people get tired of other people's arguments, they always have a choice to ignore someone.

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. Lost_In_Translation

That’s not my point. People of resorted to childish insults in order to get a debate across because well there is no reason. Disagreement is natural but that’s an obvious fact. Too much name-calling too much insulting to much pettiness. I’m guilty of it too but it needs to tone down there’s the difference between a debate which is healthy in a full on argument which is hostile. Again the disagreement is natural but I feel like if I have to put the rest of you next to one another it would be the equivalent of a college bar fight.

My point is that everyone needs to put your ego aside and realize that we’re all rooting for the same team nothing more. This is the website on the Internet and we’re all just some assholes typing on a keyboard. Discussing football is fine and disagreeing and civil debate is fine but the debate has been anything but Civile lately too much see I’ve been proven right this whole time. “[profanity deleted] you you’re a [profanity deleted] I told you I was right”

This is in pertaining to any particular topic this pertains to all of them we all need to tone it the [profanity deleted] down

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  5. Deebo813

Deebo813 Ravens Ring of Honor

you hit that in the head.. “ most are more concerned with being right”.. tbh i dnt really notice you patronizing anyone lol. shit, i always go against the grain or the politically correct stuff cause if and when im wrong, id rather be wrong on my own.

To keep it real, even the ones that are hostile sometimes are still cool lol.. one min theyre hostile then the next the same two people are agreeing with one another. I really have yet to see anyone take anything personal.. shit the whole board disagree with my opinions sometimes and i still dont be giving a shit lol... overall, everyone here cool tbh.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Dom McRaven

Dom McRaven Ravens Ring of Honor

No we can't be civil to each other. [profanity deleted] YOU BETA MALE CUCK.........................

I'm obviously joking with the above statement so don't ban me/suspend me. Honestly, I just skim through the arguments on whatever the thread is because for the most part, we shouldn't be trying to change someone's opinion. We can criticize someone's opinion if we have the facts to bring it up, but if the individual still sticks to that opinion, then it is what it is.

7. rossihunter2

rossihunter2 Staff Member Moderator

it's probably true that in many debates/arguments our outlook as a group probably needs to change from trying to "win" the discussion to trying to understand the viewpoint of someone else and being willing to have your own viewpoint challenged - but of course there needs to be willingness across the board (if you'll pardon the pun) for that to work

as always for me its about the maximum engagement for as many people as we can facilitate in a manner that is not off-putting

the worst thing we can do as a forum is to gatekeep the fandom

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. RavensMania

RavensMania Staff Member Administrator

Seriously guys and gals, would this forum be any fun if we all agreed with one another.

• Like Like x 1
  9. usmccharles

usmccharles Practice Squad

Yes.

See......its too boring.

10. David Rockefeller

David Rockefeller Practice Squad

Differences are what make the world go round. My father always used a business expression saying if every executive of a business agreed on every decision all but one is unnecessary.

11. DeVito52

DeVito52 Ravens Ring of Honor

[profanity deleted] you you’re a [profanity deleted] I told you I was right

• Funny Funny x 5
  12. RavensMania

RavensMania Staff Member Administrator

Nany nany na na

13. Lost_In_Translation

YEAH. WELL YOU WANT TO GO?

*takes clothes off. flexes bodybuilder style*

I'd call you a pussy, but since you are what you eat I guess you're a dick

• Funny Funny x 2
  14. Dom McRaven

LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! @DeVito52 , you're BADLY losing this feud with Lost.

15. Lost_In_Translation

Getting laid with another dude > me, who isn't getting laid at all

16. DeVito52

DeVito52 Ravens Ring of Honor

Your dad agrees

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. JoeyFlex5

JoeyFlex5 Hall of Famer

Weird flex but ok

• Funny Funny x 6
  18. Lost_In_Translation

Oh, so you're what ruined my dad's week? That explains a lot

19. Dom McRaven

I saw what you did there! Here's +35 for your troubles. Huehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehue...

20. JoeyFlex5

JoeyFlex5 Hall of Famer

Not my intentions at all but I’ll take it lol

• Funny Funny x 2