• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

U2

K-Dog

MVP
In my opinion one of the greatest bands ever.

I am seeing them in 27 days at FedEx Field. I am WAY pumped.

Is anyone else going ?

The Raven

Veteran
I wish I could see them. One of my favorite bands. Some of my favorite people, too. Maybe one day. You enjoy it.

flynismo

Practice Squad
They certainly made their mark in history. I'm personally not a huge fan, but do like some of their music. But I'm most definitely the minority, most people would consider me nuts for not appreciating them more than I do. They'll be getting their yellow jackets :D

Nurps

Ravens Ring of Honor
Their early stuff was great and ive liked a few songs they've done in the last decade but not my cup of tea at this point. I hated the fact they forced an album on my phone lol

Tank

Hall of Famer
As purveyors of popular music U2 has succeeded, but they really aren't what one would call "top talent" players. I certainly like some of their songs, just not one of my favorite bands.

Last edited:

Edgar

Ravens Ring of Honor
Aside from the fact that the guitar player isn't very good, he did develop his own thing. Pretty influential and original for pop musicians, particularly early in their career.

The Raven

Veteran
Aside from the fact that the guitar player isn't very good, he did develop his own thing. Pretty influential and original for pop musicians, particularly early in their career.
Don't you dare talk bad about The Edge, lol. He's highly regarded among guitarists and the music industry as one of the top guitarists in the genre -- Rolling Stone ranked him top 20, if you give them credence on this. I do prefer his playing in their early years, especially on War -- you could hear a huge punk influence -- but I'm a fan of that layered, synthetic style when it comes out. It's unique, original, and can't be duplicated. It works on a lot of their stuff.

But when he lets loose and plays rock and roll, he's at his best. "Sunday Bloody Sunday" is a great guitar piece, as is "Pride (In the Name of Love)."

Edgar

Ravens Ring of Honor
Don't you dare talk bad about The Edge, lol. He's highly regarded among guitarists and the music industry as one of the top guitarists in the genre -- Rolling Stone ranked him top 20, if you give them credence on this. I do prefer his playing in their early years, especially on War -- you could hear a huge punk influence -- but I'm a fan of that layered, synthetic style when it comes out. It's unique, original, and can't be duplicated. It works on a lot of their stuff.

But when he lets loose and plays rock and roll, he's at his best. "Sunday Bloody Sunday" is a great guitar piece, as is "Pride (In the Name of Love)."
No one should give credence to where he is placed by Rolling Stone. That means less than nothing.
He has forged a style that is influential so far as pop music is concerned.

That he is pretty original, especially given his limitations is ultimately all that matters but I'm sure even he would admit he isn't a very good player.