• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Jacquouille's Thread (Yeah, Don't Bother Clicking)

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
'sup people? So as I suggested a few days ago I'll do this thread so I can give my thoughts on all the prospects I've seen this year. Spoiler, it's not a lot and I haven't watched more than 2/3 games per player. However I do feel much more confortable in my ability to evaluate players now than in years past, so I feel like those are good impressions of the players I've watched.

So I've decided to put a thread composed of short, clear impressions about prospects (think what Jim Nagy did on his twitter about SB player).

Of course reacting is cool but for the sake of this thread, like we do on the FM, if you want to quote me, please answer on the position thread.

Also, I'm moving a lot as you may know, so I can't promise a daily update but I'll try to put something consistant.

OK, GO

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
Hakeem Butler, WR, Iowa State: I understand the drop concern but his catch radius is something else. It's not fair. I worry about his high cutted and somewhat stiff style of run when going up against press, but he has speed, toughness, size and a bully mentality. The ceiling is sky high. Top 3 WR.

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
AJ Brown, WR, Ole Miss: Such a tough eval. Fun to watch, but the fact that he never faced press and never had to haul in contested catches or deep balls scare me. Love his attitude though.

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
N'keal Harry, WR, Arizona State: I just can't. Athletic, yes. Hands, yes. But that won't do it in the NFL if you can't show any nuance in your route to set up DBs. It's fine when you catch the ball on the helmet of a 5'10 Utah CB but when you have a Jimmy Smith or even a Marcus Peters you're not coming down with it just because you're tall and strong.

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
Mecole Hardman, WR, Georgia: Meh. Speedy, juicy, but that's it. Not a great route runner tbh and no strength whatsoever to fight for the ball. If he's not wide open forget about it. In round 3 maybe, otherwise I'll pass.

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
Kelvin Harmon, WR, NC State: I'm torn on him. He feels really limited athletically but else he checks so many boxes. Really a master of his craft, and a pure WR1 on the field.

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
@JoeyFlex5 not to be a prick but please for the sanity of this thread put your answer on the WR thread. I know it sounds egocentric but otherwise this thread will just be a dump thread on the draft.

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
Parris Campbell, WR, Ohio State: Athletic and super fun to watch, BUT more athlete than football player at this point and there is still concerns about his hands, although he seems to be better in that regard. Round 2 seems ideal for the right team.

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
Penny Hart, WR, Georgia State: My guy. Small but lightning quick and fast, uber competitive, blocks the shit out of people, runs great routes. If you loved Anthony Miller you should like Penny Hart. Will be a bargain in Round 5.

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
Riley Ridley, WR, Georgia: one of my absolute favourite to watch. So smooth, best route runner in the draft, safe pair of hands. Lack of production and below average combine will push him down and that's great for us.

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
Okay back at it. As you can see I wanted to do the WR first. I didn't even do all of them but you get the idea: it's a LOADED class, and I think we could get some big time prospects in the third round. I'd love for us to double dip at that position with our two picks there.

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
Byron Murphy: He is what I would have liked Teez Tabor to be: a cocky, instinctive, agressive and athletic CB that can dominate in off coverage. He gives me Darius Slay vibes. And I love Darius Slay.

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
D'andre Walker: I get a big Matthew Judon vibe. He's big, strong, long, explosive and athletic, and while he must progress technically he's already an elite run defender with big time upside as a pass rusher. Apparently I'm alone on this hill, but no problem, he's my guy.

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
Garett Bradburry: Same as Harry, I want to like him, a lot of people try to hype me up, but I just can't. Anchor and strength are two very different things and while he anchors very well, there's just no strength. He literally offers no push in the run game and that's a big problem. Yes he is mobile, athletic, and stuff. I just see a faster Matt Skura so thank you, no thank you.

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
LJ Collier: I was happy to hear some hype on him because I was very impressed by his tape. Often people say "measurables don't matter if you can play" and use it as an excuse for a lot of prospects that never end up being good. But when you look at Collier it's really true, he plays with fire, strength and violence. He's not going to finesse you, he's going to humiliate you with sheer motor and agressiveness. His pass rush repertoire could be better, but the versatility and his twitch already make him a viable weapon on D.

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
Maxx Crosby, DE, EMU: Intriguing name that I saw linked to the ravens a couple times. He is basically a super raw but longer and more athletic version of Zach Allen. Tremendous upside but won't contribute early imo.

That being said, I'm cringing at the idea of drafting and developping another guy named Maxx...

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
Te'von Coney: If there's a LB I want to see us spend a 3rd/4th pick on, it's him. He's strong as a bull, smart, can take on blocks with the best of them, he's got good awareness in zone to not be a total liability there, he's a dangerous blitzer. Looks like the perfect 2 down backer we need to replace CJ.

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
Some scouting notes from Boston College vs NC State:

*Zach Allen is an ELITE run defender, but as a pass rusher I see a pretty low ceiling. He has powerful hands and obvious length but will struggle to threaten the outside shoulder and doesn't really have a whole lot of rush moves.

*I used to hate Bradburry but get him on the move and he will shine. I need to rewatch some of our offense's tape to evaluate the fit but in the right system he's really something.

*Kelvin Harmon is so good. Nothing new here, just please don't forget about it.