• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

POUND THE TABLE: 2019 Edition

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
2 weeks to go, time for the OFFICIAL pound the table thread, this is a reference point for any disputes on hindsight, I wanna do this a little different this time around with an official format for who you’re pounding the table for, so minor discussions don’t get mixed up with your “guarantee” on a player.

FORMAT: split it up into day one, day two, and day three, list as many players as you’d like in those projected ranges, it doesn’t have to be just for the ravens, pound the table for any player you think is a sure fire producer.

Day one:
1. Jerry Tillery
2. Nasir adderley
3. Noah fant
4. Cody ford
5. Garrett bradbury(new addition)

Day two:
1. Chase winovich
2. Kelvin Harmon
3. Deebo Samuel
4. Justin hollins
5. Chris Lindstrom
6. David long
7. Trysten hill

Day three:
1. Diontae Johnson
2. Antoine Wesley
3. Nate davis (I cant get a gauge on his stock but I think he may end up in the fourth)

Last edited:

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
2 weeks to go, time for the OFFICIAL pound the table thread, this is a reference point for any disputes on hindsight, I wanna do this a little different this time around with an official format for who you’re pounding the table for, so minor discussions don’t get mixed up with your “guarantee” on a player.

FORMAT: split it up into day one, day two, and day three, list as many players as you’d like in those projected ranges, it doesn’t have to be just for the ravens, pound the table for any player you think is a sure fire producer.

Day one:
1. Jerry Tillery
2. Nasir adderley
3. Noah fant
4. Cody ford

Day two:
1. Chase winovich
2. Kelvin Harmon
3. Deebo Samuel
4. Justin hollins
5. Chris Lindstrom
6. David long
7. Trysten hill

Day three:
1. Diontae Johnson
2. Antoine Wesley
3. Nate davis (I cant get a gauge on his stock but I think he may end up in the fourth)

You think David Long is a day 2 pick. I had no idea he was rated that high. I was hoping we could sneak him with a 5th or something lol.

Not sure how this works since Nick Bosa and Quinnen Williams are sure fires to me.

Some later picks for me
David Sills V (My man) If the Steelers get him we are screwed.
Greg Gaines
Trayveon Williams
Juan Thornhill
Michael Dieter
Nick Allegreti

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
You think David Long is a day 2 pick. I had no idea he was rated that high. I was hoping we could sneak him with a 5th or something lol.

Not sure how this works since Nick Bosa and Quinnen Williams are sure fires to me.

Some later picks for me
Greg Gaines
Trayveon Williams
Juan Thornhill
Michael Dieter
Nick Allegreti
just trying to avoid the big duh choices like bosa and williams lol, stuff thats less obvious.

and yeah, david long if im not mistaken is being viewed as a third at worst. hes been one of the most slept on players of this entire class and pff has been labeling him a first rounder for a while now and i always viewed him as a round 2 talent, i mocked him to us i believe in the fourth a really long time ago and pff has been touting him much higher for a while so i feel like teams may think higher of him as well

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
just trying to avoid the big duh choices like bosa and williams lol, stuff thats less obvious.

and yeah, david long if im not mistaken is being viewed as a third at worst. hes been one of the most slept on players of this entire class and pff has been labeling him a first rounder for a while now and i always viewed him as a round 2 talent, i mocked him to us i believe in the fourth a really long time ago and pff has been touting him much higher for a while so i feel like teams may think higher of him as well

Yeah had no idea but as a WVa fan I had a few looks at him and I'd love to get him. He can play inside or out and is just flat out aggressive. He's missed a few tackles cuz of this but still disrupts the rhythm of the play. A little on the small side that's why I thought he'd be more projected for the 3rd day but really happy for him that his stock is more high.

Charm City

Pro Bowler
Day 3:
Iman Marshal CB - Draft experts have pegged him as a candidate to move to FS but imo he can be just as good as a CB. Great size and coverage instincts to line up against most players.

Phil Haynes OG - Once he gets his hands on you, you are done. shows good pivot ability and knowledge of how to manipulate defenders to open up passing and running lanes

Porter Gustin EDGE - Strong guy with a good work ethic, high motor, and ability to set the edge.

Tre Watson ILB - Great coverage ability and size for a 3 down linebacker. Just needs some coaching up.

Will update later

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Day 3:
Iman Marshal CB - Draft experts have pegged him as a candidate to move to FS but imo he can be just as good as a CB. Great size and coverage instincts to line up against most players.

Phil Haynes OG - Once he gets his hands on you, you are done. shows good pivot ability and knowledge of how to manipulate defenders to open up passing and running lanes

Porter Gustin EDGE - Strong guy with a good work ethic, high motor, and ability to set the edge.

Tre Watson ILB - Great coverage ability and size for a 3 down linebacker. Just needs some coaching up.

Will update later
I actually just mocked Haynes to us lol. Just discovered him recently and became a fan quick

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer

I've also thought this for a Long time

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor

Some later picks for me
Greg Gaines
Trayveon Williams
Juan Thornhill
Michael Dieter
Nick Allegreti
Unfortunately I think Dieter goes in the late 2nd or early 3rd, no where near our picks.

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
1st: Hakeem the dream Butler!

Day 2: David Montgomery (idc if rb isn’t a need, this guy can juke you in a telephone booth)

Day 3: tre Watson and Jalen Hurd (hurd isn’t sure fire, but omg so much potential)

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
Hur
1st: Hakeem the dream Butler!

Day 2: David Montgomery (idc if rb isn’t a need, this guy can juke you in a telephone booth)

Day 3: tre Watson and Jalen Hurd (hurd isn’t sure fire, but omg so much potential)
hurd the guy from baylor right?

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor
Chaucey Gardner Johnson or Taylor Rapp would be mine. But im not sure wed need a safety

So ill say Deebo Samuel AND trading back while doing so.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Chaucey Gardner Johnson or Taylor Rapp would be mine. But im not sure wed need a safety

So ill say Deebo Samuel AND trading back while doing so.
CGJ was low key one of my favorites from day one. He’s somewhere along the lines of a tyrann Matthieu in my eyes, where he’s gonna move a lot and do a lot of stuff but never be a real FS or SS or corner. He’s like a guy you’ll never wanna take off the field but when listing his position you just wanna call him a db lol.

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor
God id still really want Hakeem Butler. I just think hes a perfect fit for our offense right now.

Just think of the amount of 1 on 1 looks he'll get in the red zone.

Im really torn between Deebo and Hakeem. We should just get both

Cody Ford (at guard)
JJ Arcega-Whiteside
Deebo Samuel
Chase Winovich
Trayveon Williams
Justin Hollins
Devine Ozigbo

Since this is my first time pounding the table for prospects outloud. I thought I'd include my biggest hit and miss of my "armchair scouting career" lol
Hit: JJ Watt (was my #1 target for Baltimore)
Miss: Jace Amaro (smh, thought he was gonna be great lol)

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Day 1:
  • Marquise Brown
  • Jaylon Ferguson
  • TJ Hockenson
  • Garrett Bradbury
  • Deebo Samuel
Day 2:
  • Chauncey Gardner-Johnson
  • Trysten Hill
  • Jachai Polite