• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

too much yet somehow not enough thought mock draft

Edgar

Ravens Ring of Honor
I'll try my best to explain in these selections in a reply below. For now I'm just going to sling it up.

ROUND ONE - OLB CHASE WINOVICH - MICHIGAN
chase.jpg

ROUND THREE - DLINE - TRYSTEN HILL -UCF
TRYSTEN.jpg

ROUND THREE - GUARD - BEAU BENZSCAWEL - WISCONSIN
BEAU.jpg

ROUND FOUR - WR - KEELAN DOSS - UC DAVIS
KEELAN.jpg

ROUND FOUR - C/G LAMONT GUILLARD - GEORGIA

lamont.jpg

ROUND FIVE - WR - DEIONTE JOHNSON - TOLEDO (yes I ripped him off Flex)
DIONTAE.jpg

ROUND SIX - TERRONE PRESCOD
TERRONE.jpg

ROUND SIX - WR/ KR ASHTON DULIN - MALONE
ASHTON.jpg

Edgar

Ravens Ring of Honor
so - Winovich...imagine the infusion of attitude/grit he will bring to these edge guys. Imagine Tim and he off the edge. No way we can stack up against high powered offense ( Cleveland/Pittsburgh) without an explosive presence off the edge,

Hill- well...pierce/hill/ Williams winovich....wormley, et al. a bona fide interior rusher....ultra explosive

Benzschawel - love him...perhaps move Hands to left guard and allow Beau to stay at RG...havent seen anyone in this draft that times off the combo block any better. nasty in run game especially.

doss- clever vs zone in running fan type routes...very smart player in that regard. possession style receiver with good hands.

Guillard - upgrade over skura pretty immediately. also a physical player equally adept In zone/man/gap approaches . Tough three year starter at center in the SEC

johnson - see @JoeyFlex5 write up or check this guy out....major sleeper with ability to threaten all three levels. play maker. Watch how adept he is at getting off press...

prescod - Im not playing around. I want not just depth but quality depth .....huge upside. absolute mauler in the run game...powerful finisher

dulin - going out on a limb here as I am going off limited tape and to an extent, off measurable and tests. If two of these wr contribute this year, Ravens will be over the moon.

Last edited:

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I like it, Winovich is worth a 22nd overall pick and he would fit beautifully on this defense giving us one of the best replacements for sizzle I can think of. We all know how I feel about Hill, he’s exactly what our interior pass rush needs, it would be AMAZING to see our 4 man rush consist of Timmy, Henry, hill, and winovich, that is an explosive and disruptive front with 2 strong finishers on the edge(finishing the rush being both Timmy and winovichs strongest asset). I still haven’t gotten around to watching prescod and I watched a small bit of gaillard and think he looks... ok.

And I’m glad diontae Johnson is catching on with knowledgeable posters here, he MIGHT be the best route runner in this class, he is extremely similar to Calvin Ridley in his route game the way he uses super explosive and sharp and sudden breaks, and the way he beats press is just awesome.

His combine numbers were shocking and they don’t match the tape at all, luckily I don’t lean on combine numbers when they don’t match the tape

rossihunter2

Staff Member
i would be over the moon with this draft - still not an ideal pedigree of infusion at wr but the additions to the defensive front and interior OL are all players i really like...

i really like Beau and Gaillard and Prescod's someone who i'd happily take in day 3 also, big fan of keelan doss too

the upside of trysten hill is awesome and winovich is just a good player

Edgar

Ravens Ring of Honor
I like it, Winovich is worth a 22nd overall pick and he would fit beautifully on this defense giving us one of the best replacements for sizzle I can think of. We all know how I feel about Hill, he’s exactly what our interior pass rush needs, it would be AMAZING to see our 4 man rush consist of Timmy, Henry, hill, and winovich, that is an explosive and disruptive front with 2 strong finishers on the edge(finishing the rush being both Timmy and winovichs strongest asset). I still haven’t gotten around to watching prescod and I watched a small bit of gaillard and think he looks... ok.

And I’m glad diontae Johnson is catching on with knowledgeable posters here, he MIGHT be the best route runner in this class, he is extremely similar to Calvin Ridley in his route game the way he uses super explosive and sharp and sudden breaks, and the way he beats press is just awesome.

His combine numbers were shocking and they don’t match the tape at all, luckily I don’t lean on combine numbers when they don’t match the tape
Johnson reminds me a little of Antonio Brown.

Batcerb

Practice Squad
Good work! I was thinking of a mock where we get Winovich, Hill and Gaillard.

Hill and Gaillard definitely have that feral streak I think the Ravens want from a lineman.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Johnson reminds me a little of Antonio Brown.
There’s an upside comp for him, I’m just saying as a prospect comp
i would be over the moon with this draft - still not an ideal pedigree of infusion at wr but the additions to the defensive front and interior OL are all players i really like...

i really like Beau and Gaillard and Prescod's someone who i'd happily take in day 3 also, big fan of keelan doss too

the upside of trysten hill is awesome and winovich is just a good player
the “pedigree” of wr isn’t much but diontae Johnson looks special and honestly should have no less than a third round grade

Edgar

Ravens Ring of Honor
There’s an upside comp for him, I’m just saying as a prospect comp

the “pedigree” of wr isn’t much but diontae Johnson looks special and honestly should have no less than a third round grade
He can't not get open it seems. Multiple ways to beat press. Soft hands....tracks the ball really well. I'm too low on him....probably gone before round four. Maybe he's there for our early four but honestly, he jumps off in a way that many of these projected second rounders do not.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
He can't not get open it seems. Multiple ways to beat press. Soft hands....tracks the ball really well. I'm too low on him....probably gone before round four. Maybe he's there for our early four but honestly, he jumps off in a way that many of these projected second rounders do not.
It’s hard to mock a player in the second or third when you literally haven’t heard his name in a mock anywhere else lol but on tape he looks like a second or third at worst, he’s a real talent in the route department, like some players you have to pay extra attention and pick up on little nuances and creativity, not with Johnson, those routes POP and even people who only watch the super bowl for the commercials could notice it

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
About time someone put Wino in the first. He's worth it a thousand times.

Overall I like the players but maybe too much OL, still have to build the roster as a whole.

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor
Not as sold on Winovich as others, but I like this draft as a whole. The third round in particular seems exactly like what I would expect from the Ravens.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I question his bend and lateral movement.
I mean, he’s an edge rusher, lateral movement is a very secondary trait for a guy who can disrupt and penetrate the way he can. I look at it this way, if he could be a standup 3 down OLB from day one with great lateral movement, edge setting, and zone drop skills, he’s a top 10 pick, he’s a hand in the dirt, explosive and disruptive force off the edge through and through.

Also I’ve never seen anything wrong with his bend at all. Always looked pretty damn solid to me.