• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Players You Hope We Don't Draft

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
Here are my top 5

- Devin Bush ( nothing here tells me he's going to be a special player)
- Connor McGovern ( Average to backup)
- Any WR in the first round ( I just don't like this WR class) If i had to pick one it would be hollywood brown ( and that's only if he's the player he was before the injury)
- Tre Watson ( urgh, and we've met him more than once)
- A run stuffing DT that can't pass rush

Last edited:

cdp

Ravens Ring of Honor
- any WR who can't run routes. I have not seen one guy improve in this area once we signed/drafted him.
- OL who are just drafted because of their athletic profile. If you can't block, you can't block.
- Dexter Lawrence
- Parris Campbell
- Devin Bush
- Rashan Gary

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
If we draft devin bush no one here will be able to convince me we got anything but an average WIL at BEST.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
DK Metcalf

Marquise brown - both for injury concerns and metcalf because I do NOT think he is a reliable nfl
wr

Montez Sweat - the athleticism doesn’t convert to the tape, and he’s stiff hipped

Dexter Lawrence - please no nose tackles

Jaylon Ferguson - extremely stiff and labored movements and garbage hand use, if he doesn’t win on a fast jump and bull rush then he does nothing

Parris Campbell - routes are trash, not the least bit impressive as a catcher, Torrey Smith with even less balltrack and attack ability

Nkeal Harry - receivers who absolutely cannot separate in college will not separate in the nfl, not spectacular enough anywhere else to make me disregard the lack of separation

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
Hakeem Butler

Dexter Lawrence

N'Keal Harry. Or any WR in the first really. Stupidly overrated class. Only one I wouldn't cringe at frankly is DK or Deebo.

Devin Bush

Garret Bradburry- Not because he's a bad player.. He's not. I just think there are better fits that could be day one starters later on.

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
Devin Bush seems to be a consensus pick.

Let's remind ourselves of that when we pick him :(

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Devin Bush seems to be a consensus pick.

Let's remind ourselves of that when we pick him :(
I like Devin bush and wouldn’t mind the pick one bit.

And we never pick who I want, so you guys can all breathe a sigh of relief... although I never said I specifically WANTED him, so maybe not...

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
Speaking in terms of 1st rounders
DK metcalf
Parris Campbell
Bradbury
Devin bush
Josh Jacobs

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
It's not that I think Bush is a bad player or anything. He's just another Chris Wormley pick with little upside that's getting overhyped because we lost CJ. He'll be a day one starter, and a solid player for the better part of a decade, but still a downgrade of CJ and a TERRIBLE identity pick. It will show me that Eric is behind the times and confirm my fears.

Which means we're drafting him knowing this team.

I'll get the thread starter. @JoeyFlex5 CUE THE OVERREACTIONS

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
It's not that I think Bush is a bad player or anything. He's just another Chris Wormley pick with little upside that's getting overhyped because we lost CJ. He'll be a day one starter, and a solid player for the better part of a decade, but still a downgrade of CJ and a TERRIBLE identity pick. It will show me that Eric is behind the times and confirm my fears.

Which means we're drafting him knowing this team.

I'll get the thread starter. @JoeyFlex5 CUE THE OVERREACTIONS
As I said, I like bush and I think your analysis is kinda off lol. He isn’t a great run defender but he’s stellar in coverage and is great as a blitzer with a feel for sniffing out gaps in the pass pro with great timing.

Not my first choice, but I think he represents a lot of what you want in a modern LB, he’s explosive, instinctive, has great ball skills for a LB and is a natural playmaker and he brings the heat when he tackles despite being smaller. I know for a fact that plenty of players will be available that id prefer, but i would give that pick a genuine golf clap lol

Last edited by a moderator:

rossihunter2

Staff Member
As I said, I like bush and I think your analysis is kinda off lol. He isn’t a great run defender but he’s stellar in coverage and is great as a blitzer with a feel for sniffing out gaps in the pass pro with great timing.

Not my first choice, but I think he represents a lot of what you want in a modern LB, he’s explosive, instinctive, has great ball skills for a LB and is a natural playmaker and he brings the heat when he tackles despite being smaller. I know for a fact that plenty of players will be available that id prefer, but i would give that pick a genuine golf clap lol

I think for me the issue would be not the player necessarily but the team-building issue it represents - he’s an upgrade at the position for sure but he’s not such a crazy talent that I’d eschew talent at positions that are honestly more valuable in the nfl now - especially with how effective our dime package is

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer

My problem isn't him as a player; he's fine. It's what it would represent for the team building moving forwards. This draft is absolutely critical: we must build the trenches for Lamar to dominate. This season is probably not going to result in playoffs. We need offensive linemen, pass rushers, and multiples of each for this defense and offense to dominate. Trenches win games. Devin Bush is going to be a 10 year starter at the NFL level, I'm not questioning that. But that's not what's needed. If we take a Devin Bush over a Zach Allen, Jeffery Simmons, Jerry Tillery, Lindstrom, McCoy, hell I have my problems with Bradburry here but if we take him over Bradburry it will show me that we are behind the times. An ILB right now is not going to win us more games unless he's a Ray Lewis level talent.

Want Lamar to succeed? Go protect him or give him a defense that can get after the QB while we control the game clock. A LB would be a terrible sign for the team moving forward unless it was Devin White, who won't be there