• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Edgar - Some Favorites Mock

Edgar

Ravens Ring of Honor
Same trade scenario; Ravens trade down and acquire a fourth round pick from Philadelphia. some of this is predicated on a hypothetical move of Yanda to center.

RAVENS ROUND ONE SELECTION - LJ COLLIER - DE/OLB - TCU
lj collier.jpg

Collier can play end in base defense and switch to rush LB or move inside to push pocket.

RAVENS - ROUND THREE - TRYSTEN HILL - DTACKLE - UCF
trysten.jpg

Have to get to this quarterback this year. Cannot allow mayfield a clean pocket. Hill can be moved around as well. Both guys play on ten all the time. electric burst off the line. finishes.

ROUND THREE -COMPENSATORY - BEAU BENZSCHAWEL - WISCONSIN - GUARD
beau.jpg

a familiar pick. just can't get away from it.

ROUND FOUR (FROM DENVER) TRAYVEON WILLIAMS -RB TEXAS A&M
trayveon.jpg

A three down back. Best blocking RB in the class. Top three out of the backfield and is really a patient/explosive (particularly outside) back. Trayveon is the best football player in the running back class.
ROUND FOUR - DIONTAE JOHNSON - WR - TOLEDO
diontae.jpg

gets open constantly. very good tracker of the football with very soft hands. one of the few in the class that we see beating press consistently. a bit unorthodox in his routes but very sharp out of his breaks and will prove difficult to cover.

ROUND FOUR (FROM EAGLES) - TEREZ HALL ILB - MISSOURI
terez.jpg

I just discovered this guy but I really like him. He needs work on diagnosis and reads in general and will likely need a year but something tells me its worth the pick. Violent down hill linebacker, explosive blitzes. gets off blocks....no he destroys them. Big hitter. Gets fooled by misdirection and needs some coaching/.time. struggles with change of direction upon realizing he's out of position but is pretty nice in coverage in general. pretty assignment sound in that regard and very comfortable looking dropping.
ROUND FIVE - ANTHONY RAITLIFF -WILLIAMS - WR UNC
anthony.jpg

underrated. good hands fearless over the middle and will go up to get the ball. good open field runner....used out of the backfield in wildcat and on sweeps. former qb

ROUND SIX -JAVON PATTERSON - INTERIOR OLINE - OLE MISS
javon.jpg

Patterson has played left guard/right guard and center but likely LG .
Might struggle with speed splitting gaps...sometimes with stunts and late blitzes but he is a very good guard with great upside . moves and seals routinely. comfortable with pulls. hols up against power in both run and pass sets. Locks on to guys in pass pro in space and they can't get off.
ROUND SIX - MARKUS JONES - OLB - ANGELO STATE
markus.jpg

prototypical size for 34 outside linebacker. a flyer with upside certainly. 17.5 sacks and 34 TFL last season alone. apparently he held up against better completion in EW.

Truth

Staff Member
Administrator
I've only recently discovered Ratliff-Williams, but I'm excited about what he brings to the table.