• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

2019 NFL Draft Gameday Thread

What will the Ravens do at the 22nd pick in Round 1

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Edgar

Ravens Ring of Honor
Is McSorely a slot option or next years back up QB? Either way he is a practice squad candidate.

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
Lot of players for us are going to be starters/contributors from day one. Guys like Daylon Mack or Miles Boykin are not the typical types of projects we draft at those positions. Mack is ready to go as a run stuffer and has immense upside as a pass rusher. Boykin, I can’t figure the reason for a trade, but he’s ready to start and has traits that would be good already(he’s actually pro ready, what a concept), but he was a mega stud at the combine and wasn’t utilized to some strengths indicated. I personally would’ve rather had Ridley, but Boykin IMO could surprise a lot of people with that upside.

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
But what about the legends of Jaleel Scott, Jordan Lasley, The Blessed one, Aaron Mallette, Tommy Streeter, David Reed, Tandon Doss etc?

Don't forget our unbelievable athlete in Yamon Figurs.

Can Boykin match up with the hype we gave this lot?

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
So you know what the value of those players are as well? Lmao
Do you ever just sit back and let someone have a fucking opinion? you literally said diontae Johnson was overdrafted and then proceeded to smugly talk shit for multiple posts about how I can’t disagree with where a player was drafted because that’s where a team valued him.

Dude, I thought diontae Johnson was a good value, and I thought Chauncey Gardner Johnson was a steal where he went, why is that such a fucking issue to you?

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
But what about the legends of Jaleel Scott, Jordan Lasley, The Blessed one, Aaron Mallette, Tommy Streeter, David Reed, Tandon Doss etc?

So almost exclusively players pick far later in the draft (except Perriman who is my pound the table breakout player this year) so in theory yes because he was again picked in the real draft rounds.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer

For me Boykin does match the hype. The blessed one and tandon doss were the only ones I ever had hype for, the rest of them were ehh, which is about where I am with boykin

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
So almost exclusively players pick far later in the draft (except Perriman who is my pound the table breakout player this year) so in theory yes because he was again picked in the real draft rounds.

Our greatest success in our WR draft history has been torrey smith

let that sink in for a second. He's barely hanging on in the league at the age of 29

Corvus Purpura

Practice Squad
Harbaugh said something about using McSorely on special teams. I know nothing about this guy. How would we use him on special teams?
Also, I don't think an IR stash will be necessary with him. Simple cut and practice squad should suffice.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Harbaugh said something about using McSorely on special teams. I know nothing about this guy. How would we use him on special teams?
Also, I don't think an IR stash will be necessary with him. Simple cut and practice squad should suffice.
Mcsorley is a shit tier QB but a really explosive athlete. Sounds like they have taysom hill in mind for him, but mcsorley, who I don’t like as a qb at all, would probably be better at the taysom hill role than hill himself, he’s just more athletic

Charm City

Pro Bowler
We definitely have an identity on offense now. I have no clue in hell what that identity is, but we have an identity and it'll be a fun season for sure.

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
Is the draft over?

Te'Von Conely and Beau B have to be the first 2 guys we pick up pronto in UDFA

Edgar

Ravens Ring of Honor
Still, you can't watch McSorely and help but think two things: 1)This guy is a lousy quarterback
2) This little bugger is athletic and fast as all get out